Any ideas for release dates/details of Playstation 4 or XBox720?

• 82 results
ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ShenLong

Thoughts on when they will be released. When they will be revealed. How they will be designed/what tech they will have. Will they be backwards compatible. Will they be truly worthy of being called new age, or will they only be a small improvement on what we have today? 

My thoughts: The WiiU must be state of the art, not just slightly better than today's stuff. I want 4.6 GHz 16 Core 8 Threaded processors with the latest NVidia graphics, definitely over 1 TB of memory FOR THE FIRST MODEL. I don't want to buy 2 systems or use a computer HD. Give us options: 1 TB, 3 TB, 5 TB. Another thought: Sony has been developing "Red-ray" technology. I want it, or something better than Blu-ray, because Uncharted 2 and 3 are capping the limit and I don't want multiple disks. I like hard copies too, and if it's download only, all the more reason to give us more memory in the realm of several terabytes. Furthermore, although most ways of doing it are either dangerous or reserved with things like hospitals, 3-D is a definite Turbo Boost, but it won't sell the next consoles. I want Volumetric Display-capable consoles. SImilar with 3-D, I want it to be an option. It's out now, believe it or not, it's just expensive or dangerous, depending the method in which is done. The quality is fuzzy, sure, but by 2013/2014 an acceptable color VD is doable. It will at least have the same video quality as a non-1080p television.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ShenLong

Thoughts on when they will be released. When they will be revealed. How they will be designed/what tech they will have. Will they be backwards compatible. Will they be truly worthy of being called new age, or will they only be a small improvement on what we have today? 

My thoughts: The WiiU must be state of the art, not just slightly better than today's stuff. I want 4.6 GHz 16 Core 8 Threaded processors with the latest NVidia graphics, definitely over 1 TB of memory FOR THE FIRST MODEL. I don't want to buy 2 systems or use a computer HD. Give us options: 1 TB, 3 TB, 5 TB. Another thought: Sony has been developing "Red-ray" technology. I want it, or something better than Blu-ray, because Uncharted 2 and 3 are capping the limit and I don't want multiple disks. I like hard copies too, and if it's download only, all the more reason to give us more memory in the realm of several terabytes. Furthermore, although most ways of doing it are either dangerous or reserved with things like hospitals, 3-D is a definite Turbo Boost, but it won't sell the next consoles. I want Volumetric Display-capable consoles. SImilar with 3-D, I want it to be an option. It's out now, believe it or not, it's just expensive or dangerous, depending the method in which is done. The quality is fuzzy, sure, but by 2013/2014 an acceptable color VD is doable. It will at least have the same video quality as a non-1080p television.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

E3 2013 is reveal of 'abstract' on what they want the consoles to be

E3 2014 MEGA INFORMATION DUMP OF COOL SHIT

Fall 2014 release followed by the death of the Wii U

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

No ideas, no. Then again, I don't work at Microsoft or Sony so if I did mention a date I would be the biggest liar on these forums.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By imsh_pl

E3 2012/2013 announcment, followed by a release the next year.

And Wii U won't be that powerful, let's not kid ourselves here.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Bollard

All of your requests are ridiculous. 16 core processors don't even exist commercially yet do they?

Most PC's barely make use of 2 cores at the moment, more than 4 will suffice. I assume you meant 8 core with 16 threads? Might make more sense. A 1TB hard drive isn't insane, but I doubt they'll bother. I reckon 500gb. Also everything you described would be so expensive, no console manufacturer would go through with this as it would launch at like £800-1000, even in 3 years time. 

All I can say is I'm certain that we won't see next gen till 2014, and also generations are becoming outdated fast. Listen to the Bombcast's discussion on the death of the powerful home computer in last weeks episode, that sums it up really.  

Lastly, how would "Red-Ray" work? The whole point of Blu-Ray was that blue light has a shorter wavelength than red light (which is already used on DVD's), so you could put the tracks closer together and it could still be read. You would need "Ultra-violet-ray" to get anything better at this point.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463

The future.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I kinda hate you....

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Azteck

You want 16 cores? Sixteen fucking cores in the CPU? Do you realize how retardedly expensive that'd make them? There is no way they would go beyond 4.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By JasonR86

When the current generation stops selling then the new consoles will be released.  That time isn't going to come for a while.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By JoeyRavn

Not sure if serious.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By gamb1t
@JoeyRavn said:

Not sure if serious.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By OllyOxenFree

OP is like that one kid in grade school. Ah, nostalgia...

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By spazmaster666

There's no point in having a processor with 16 cores since you have a dedicated graphics card that is designed to offload the majority of the video processing requirements, The only reason why the PS3, for instance, has a CPU with so many cores/threads is because it has an underpowered GPU.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green
@OllyOxenFree said:

OP is like that one kid in grade school. Ah, nostalgia...

the kid that would make things up? yeah, good times.

i doubt any of that would be possible. it would cost to much, cost a lot if they actually did release that. we are probably going to see like i7 type of processors and 500gig hard drives.

we aren't going to hear anything probably until the next E3 or the next one. the stuff here are awesome and are going to be making the console life longer.
ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShenLong

500 GB hard drives!?! 500 GB HARD DRIVES!?!?! The new standard for current consoles is 320 GB. 16 Cores no, but 8 Cores do exist, and crazy people who are smart mod their PCs to greater.  

I have an 80 GB PS3 and a 250 GB PS3. 1st is full. Second is closing in, luckily will be good until WiiU comes out. So I think the HD is kinda low, and since more code is used for each gen, I think extra HD is important. Just think of the jump from PS2 to PS3 in terms of HD space.......goes to reason. Plus, I was talkin about it with my friend who says Crysis 2 on the best PCs 4 Core or more are not running Crysis 2 at peak performance. So take that with some consideration. 

Making things up? No. I dream progressively. And reasonably. Doubling Cores is not too crazy. Price is going up for leading hardware, but you can still get a fantastic desktop at BestBuy for under $500. It's the graphic card that always eats your money......... Uncharted 2 and 3 will max out the Blu-ray.......and I don't remember but I'll try to look the specifics of the Red-ray, but I know it was experimental and way better than Blu-ray....... It's only a matter of like a year, unless without Steve Jobs they've just become dumb, for those TV/Communicator watches cartoons used to show to come out. I want my iWatch now, Apple. With full video streaming and FaceTime, and gimme at least 32 GB. For goodness sakes, you can by 256 or more GB USB sticks now and they're the size of your pinky. That watch could be technologically very pleasing.....Just think about it. These things just need a little push.......

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wrathofconn

Troll accounts = troll threads, guys.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McShank

@ShenLong: If you buy a computer from a store then your wasting your money and not all the smart. The next gen consoles wont be out for years and to put something like a 16core into a console would be about as smart as handing your car keys to a random person. The prices would be even higher then what the ps3 launched at. What parent would buy a game system for their kids if it cost 600-1000$ when a bike is maybe 100$ or a Gameboy is 150$.. They wont put something that strong into a console till its dirt cheap but by then computers will still be extremely more powerful and you will want something better.

Go away and stop making posts like this right after you join.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JoeyRavn

@ShenLong said:

but you can still get a fantastic desktop at BestBuy for under $500. It's the graphic card that always eats your money.........

Nope. Give me this "fantastic PC for under $500 at BestBuy" and I'll give you one even better. And the GTX 560 Ti is ~$150, while the i5 2500k is ~$250. CPUs are always more expensive than most GPUs. Unless you're planning to slap an SLI GTX 580 on your PS4, of course.

Try harder next time. Or better yet, don't even try.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShenLong

Umm, no. I don't think you having an account here longer than me makes you know more. For all you know, I have Masters degrees in both Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from very good universities. Furthermore, many adults like video games and play them a lot, like myself. I like Dany's post. It seems realistic. 

I do make my own PCs, but not everyone knows how, and that does not mean they're dumb. Plus, most people who build their own go overboard and cardboard box their PCs with tech that cannot efficiently run in unison. Also, places like BestBuy, which happens to be my fave place to buy a ready to use PC, have good warranties, and if a part breaks, or doesn't work well, it's on them. Including software errors. Sure, you could just say but your parts from here, or here, but many places aren't as reliable. My advice is to build your own if you really know what to do, otherwise 2) Build your own online with Alienware 3) Buy it made at BestBuy or Apple 4) Do 2 or 3 then upgrade your graphics card manually or pay GeekSquad at BestBuy to do it. 

With 3DS out, WiiU and PSVita out next year, it is possible for PS4 or 720 or both to be out in 2013. What do you think? Dany? The consoles tend to come out the year after the handheld after all........ But if they come out in 2013 I hope they have time to boost the tech power. I mean, come on, does'n't everyone want that? If that's true, they will likely spend an extra year to make it happen. People have been complaining since 2008 that they do not want a new console due to curre'nt gen's untapped abilities. While fo rthe most pat that remains true, both the Uncharted and Crysis series have shown that that time has come. Only a matter of a year or 2 before that becomes common. Or settle for PS2 quality games with prettier block graphics. Dull, gray, but a better looking gray block on your screen. Your call.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By samfo

I stopped at red-ray...

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShaunassNZ
OMFG! This is and obvious troll account. Read the shit he's making up, and you believe it.
moonpix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By moonpix

I wonder what it feels like to be 13 in 2011

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JoeyRavn

@ShenLong said:

Or settle for PS2 quality games with prettier block graphics. Dull, gray, but a better looking gray block on your screen. Your call.

Examples, please. Name all the current games that look like that, please.

PS: Just three ellipses, please: "...".

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@moonpix said:

I wonder what it feels like to be 13 in 2011

Man, I wish.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShenLong

It's called red-ray. 

RuneHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By RuneHammer

@SamFo: I stopped at thoughts

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShenLong

As a real Viking, I hate being called a troll. Furthermore, although this is not the article I had found, read it http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-features/36974-excited-about-hd-blu-ray-what-about-4k-red-ray. 

Furthermore, I'm twice that age. You don't like it, take your immature ass and move on. Frost Giant.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Cincaid

@ShenLong said:

As a real Viking, I hate being called a troll.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShenLong

Wow, you guys are like clones. http://www.overclock.net/hardware-news/320416-tgdaily-forget-blu-ray-here-comes.html 

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wrathofconn

@ShenLong said:

As a real Viking, I hate being called a troll. Frost Giant.

I lost my shit.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#31  Edited By sarahsdad

I may be feeding the viking here, but a couple minutes looking up redray, and. . . . it looks like it's been coming soon to theaters for the last few years.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wrathofconn

@sarahsdad: Also looks completely proprietary and useless.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Patman99

I think we will get a hint or even a full on reveal of the next-gen consoles at E3 2012. I also think that Microsoft will release their new console slightly before Sony in fall 2013. At the very latest we will see a release in Fall 2014 but I doubt it. I think the new consoles be released in the 2013 calendar year.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Turambar

@ShenLong said:

Umm, no. I don't think you having an account here longer than me makes you know more. For all you know, I have Masters degrees in both Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from very good universities.

And suddenly you just confirmed to everyone you're a troll.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Turambar

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

What if they combined a Blu-ray player with a Red-ray player, then we'd have a Purple-ray player!

Dude, the Neptunia has already confirmed the SEGA Neptune will use the Purple-ray discs, so Sony can't call it that. Don't be crazy.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Witzig

Holy shit a Red-ray disc this might actually surpass the awesome PS1 disc or the "black disc" as I called back in the day. /sarcasm not the PS1 discs though those were really the the bee's knees.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LiquidSwords

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

What if they combined a Blu-ray player with a Red-ray player, then we'd have a Purple-ray player!

Purple stuff-player

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By EuanDewar

Whenever it is Mega64 will probably announce it first.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Please, never call it the Xbox 720 ever again.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By KarlPilkington

I still hope it's a couple of years.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidSwords

@KarlPilkington said:

I still hope it's a couple of years.

Seriously, I don't mind waiting. Get it right, please!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JoeyRavn

@ShenLong said:

As a real Viking, I hate being called a troll. Furthermore, although this is not the article I had found, read it http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-features/36974-excited-about-hd-blu-ray-what-about-4k-red-ray. Furthermore, I'm twice that age. You don't like it, take your immature ass and move on. Frost Giant.

I'm still waiting for those games that look like, and I quote, "PS2 quality games with prettier block graphics. Dull, gray, but a better looking gray block on your screen.".

Burden of proof and all that.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Gabriel

Guys don't talk shit about the Wii U, we don't want Ryanwho to come in here

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Matfei90

OP is either a troll or an idiot. Or both.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By tourgen
@Dany said:

E3 2013 is reveal of 'abstract' on what they want the consoles to be

E3 2014 MEGA INFORMATION DUMP OF COOL SHIT

Fall 2014 release followed by the death of the Wii U

yeah that's where my money is at too.  one of the two might miss fall 2014 tho.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By wrathofconn

@LiquidSwords said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Purple stuff-player

Dat purp, player!

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Buscemi
@wrathofconn said:

@LiquidSwords said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Purple stuff-player

Dat purp, player!

I want that purple stuff!
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wrathofconn

@Titus said:

@wrathofconn said:

@LiquidSwords said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Purple stuff-player

Dat purp, player!

I want that purple stuff!

Sugar, water, purple.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JoeyRavn

Instead of spamming my inbox, why don't you post here, ShenLong?

How about Borderlands, Call of Duty games, Halo games, Bulletstorm........the details are just HD wallpapers of sparkly rocks.
I'm looking forward to Rage, but that tech is overdue.

Those games look like "PS2 games etc etc etc"? Dis-concerting.

Go to BestBuy.com Any brand name PC there $350 to $500 is decent enough to run Crysis 2. You like low standards, don't you?

Low standards? What the fuck are you even talking about? You're the one who wants a $350 PC to run Crysis.

Yeah, there you go. Keep your trolling and derping. It's amusing.