• 72 results
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I never been to one and now I am outta school and don't have to worry about doing anything the next day, I want to go to the Halo Reach launch. But, problem is, is that I have no to go with. Should I still go?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

There will be people there and you can mingle with them. For me I can't go to mine because I got school the morning after release.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAND OUT IN THE COLD WITH A BUNCH OF STRANGERS FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR? 

If you can honestly answer yes to this question, then you would probably like Midnight Launches. 

I live in the middle of nowhere though, so the people that go to midnight launches here either don't go to midnight launches or the most award people to talk to ever.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

Fuck no.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By septim
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" I never been to one and now I am outta school and don't have to worry about doing anything the next day, I want to go to the Halo Reach launch. But, problem is, is that I have no to go with. Should I still go? "
Wait, you're worried about being judged by a bunch of dudes standing in line at Gamestop at midnight?
Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Glak

There will be other people there, so you'll probably have fun
And since you've never been to one and don't have to worry about school, then I guess it's worth it
Although I personally don't enjoy going to midnight launches, because I usually have better things to do or I'm too tired to actually play the game

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GunnBjorn

Often, it's a huge event on its own. You'll meet equally minded people that are as stoked as you are about the game. Maybe you'll make a friend or two. I often go alone to whatever venue/meeting (either it be a concert, cinema etc.). I'd say, go!
borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By borodin

I went to the Starcraft 2 launch in London, it was pretty cool! Got some free stuff, good atmosphere, fun had by all. I'd definitely suggest finding *someone*/anyone to go with you though - unless you're way out in the boonies there's gonna be a line and queuing on your own is obviously pretty boring

taylor109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By taylor109

For the two I've done for halo, no definitely not .                                                                                

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

As a rule, no. But I have a feeling I'll probably be awake around midnight tomorrow, and I live like.. literally a 30 foot jaunt from the nearest store doing a midnight release, so I'm a little tempted to just kinda casually drop in and pick it up, same as I did for MW2. 

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sil3n7

Why do you need someone to go with again?

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By fugie7

Well it really depends on the person and the person decision if the game is worth staying in line for.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@septim: No I'm not worried about being judged at all. It just sounds like it doesn't seem worth it going to a midnight launch without a friend to have fun with.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@XII_Sniper: Closest one by me is 5 minutes away by car. And it is a small store, so I'm thinking there won't be a big line but then again I've never been to one, for all I know there is a whole 'nother part of this town, I've never seen. I might go over and just check out the line and see if I should wait or not.
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Unless you have to have the game the second its available, then no. Just pick it up the next day.

strangemodule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By strangemodule

I haven't been to a midnight launch in my life, but there are a few hypothetical questions you have to ask yourself.

Obviously, the temperature will be an issue. Secondly, once you get the game, will you play it the same night? If you aren't the type who can stay up to the wee hours of the morning, then it'd probably be better to just get it the next day (they rarely run out of copies for high-demand games like this). Also, if you do go, find something to entertain yourself for a bit, because they may take a while to actually hand out the games.

If you do choose to go, I hope it goes well!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

i went to modern warfare 2 release. it was pretty cool. the army was there with a hummer and they had modern warfare 2 playing on the TV in the back of it. me and my friend played it a couple of times. then we payed for the game and then we waited in line. we got to my friends house played a couple of times then i left to go to bed. 

i plan on going to the black ops one. it should be the same type of thing. 

when i went there weren't just nerds there. there were also casual people there.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I went to a Modern Warfare 2 midnight release. What a fool I was, never again, not even for Halo Reach. 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hitchenson

I'm going to my first midnight launch tomorrow with a few mates. Should be alright, we're just going to blaze up and have some smoke in the alley next to GAME until they're open. 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By luce

As much as i liked FFXIII, never again...

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zombie2011

Sophomore year of college i went to the Halo 3 one with a bunch of my buddies because we were bored. We got the game went home and slept, didn't even open the box. First and only midnight launch i went to.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mighty

If you're free, go!
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bhhawks78

If you're smart you prepay earlier in the day then come in at like 30 min past midnight and avoid the line. 

Drove by MW2 launch after a movie with my gf at like 1145 and saw hundreds...said fuck it and got it the next day.  

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By PerryVandell

Eh, if friends come along with you and you only do it once then it's fine. I went to the Modern Warfare 2 midnight launch with a couple of my friends and didn't necessarily enjoy waiting in line, but the more the overall experience of being the first in line. We also "borrowed" some mall furniture and sat in nice plush chairs while we waited. That probably helped a lot.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By MichaelBach
@EpicSteve said:
" Fuck no. "
This
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead

The only benefit I can imagine is, if you're like me, you know people who will go and buy it at midnight, then spoil the first few hours or so before you can get it in the morning.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27  Edited By Vinchenzo

I went for Halo 3, MW2, and I went to and worked during a couple midnights. Not worth it because you just go home and sleep anyway. Why not just get a good nights rest, make a healthy breakfast, and by that time the store will be open for your enjoyment.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Synthballs
  @EpicSteve said:

" Fuck no. "

This man has the answer. 

@iam3green said:

" i went to modern warfare 2 release. it was pretty cool. the army was there with a hummer and they had modern warfare 2 playing on the TV in the back of it. me and my friend played it a couple of times. then we payed for the game and then we waited in line. we got to my friends house played a couple of times then i left to go to bed.   i plan on going to the black ops one. it should be the same type of thing.   when i went there weren't just nerds there. there were also casual people there. "

Casual people? That's a weird choice of words.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mighty
@HandsomeDead said:
"The only benefit I can imagine is, if you're like me, you know people who will go and buy it at midnight, then spoil the first few hours or so before you can get it in the morning. "
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus

Worth what? Being awake at midnight? I'm up then anyway, so it's somethin' to do.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jasta

I picked up FFXIII at midnight...at Tesco. Nothing special happend apart from FFXIII being there for me to buy =D

megaplushie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By megaplushie

The only time I've waited at Midnight for a game was Pokémon Silver. I had to wait half an hour before I could pick up my copy from Walmart because they still had to dig it out of the backroom. :| It was worth it, though. 

Now I don't think it is unless you want to play the game in a hurry and mingle with folks and have noms depending on where you're waiting at.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Afroman269

Ehh depends. I only go if I can get a posse together.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MikkaQ
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @XII_Sniper: Closest one by me is 5 minutes away by car. And it is a small store, so I'm thinking there won't be a big line but then again I've never been to one, for all I know there is a whole 'nother part of this town, I've never seen. I might go over and just check out the line and see if I should wait or not. "
When I went to the MW2 launch, it wasn't a line, so much as just dudes buying the game in the store, I was back at my house within 5 minutes. Dunno how it is elsewhere, but I've never had to line up to buy a game. That's a little messed up. But if the store happens to be open, and they have the game, then I'd totally do it. 
matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By matt

I found the midnight launch for starcraft 2 to be entertaining enough. Plus free cake!

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By Stealthmaster86

I've been to a few. Gears 2, Halo 3, GTAIV, and Fallout 3. I like going to midnight launches. I find it fun. You can talk to people about stuff. If I get this job I'll be in all midnight launches but I won't be the one buying the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EpicSteve said:
" Fuck no. "
ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ViciousReiven

Since I'm an insomniac who only plays games at night anyway it's perfect for me.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I went to the Modern Warfare 2 midnight launch, and it kind of sucked. Me and my friend just kind of stood around while a bunch of gaptoothed /b/tards argued over whether the PS3 was better than the 360. Getting the game was pretty awesome, though.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hot_Karl

Never appealed to me. It's mostly just a bunch of dudes waiting in line, then when the store opens, you buy the game and leave. 

I've heard of launches where there are prize giveaways and such but it still seems extremely boring and unnecessary in my opinion. I like video games but I'm not dying to play it the minute it comes out. With movies, it's a different story because you're there with a large crowd of people who'll experience the first viewing with you. There's palpable excitement in the air. With video games, it's still a solitary experience, so it's kinda pointless unless you literally have nothing else to do and you're bored enough to wait outside a Gamestop for 30 minutes to buy a game.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JoRoNimo

I actually really like midnight launches. I'm one of those people who really likes everything when it's new, so I have a bad habit of buying games I'm interested in right when they come out. 

But every launch I've been to has been a blast. I like to mingle with the crowd, crack jokes, stand outside drinking coffee, whatever. In fact, for the Wii launch, we camped out overnight at the Circuit City parking lot. We had a full on game of football right there, overnight in the parking lot. It's always been a blast for me.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iam3green
@Synthballs said:
"   @EpicSteve said:

" Fuck no. "

This man has the answer. 

@iam3green said:

" i went to modern warfare 2 release. it was pretty cool. the army was there with a hummer and they had modern warfare 2 playing on the TV in the back of it. me and my friend played it a couple of times. then we payed for the game and then we waited in line. we got to my friends house played a couple of times then i left to go to bed.   i plan on going to the black ops one. it should be the same type of thing.   when i went there weren't just nerds there. there were also casual people there. "

Casual people? That's a weird choice of words. "
i didn't know what to call them. i know that they don't play video games as much as nerds/ geeky people do.
Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Noodles

They are only worth it if you are a gigantic tool. Just get release date Amazon delivery like everyone else. Or, hell, just go to the store when it opens. But don't stand in a line for a video game; you aren't a pawn for the corporations, you are a human being.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JoRoNimo

Sadly, since I've resolved with myself to bring down my back catalog, I've missed the last few launches of games I wanted. But when it comes to movie premieres, I'm still right there at midnight.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JoRoNimo
@Noodles: I guess that makes me a gigantic tool. :(
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46  Edited By Hector

Just wait till the next day. Chances are you're gonna open it up play a bit and go to sleep.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By Vinny_Says

I just want to play the game as soon as I can and usually I am still awake at midnight, so I went to the midnight launch of MW2, it was cold and I just listened to dudes talk shit about how good they are at CoD4. Playing the game was the best part

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Noodles
@jorojoserojas said:

" @Noodles: I guess that makes me a gigantic tool. :( "

Well at least you are going for the community aspect of it. Most people just go because they 'GOT TO GET DA GAME AND PLAY IT ASAP'! Nothing wrong with wanting to chill with fellow gamers :)
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#49  Edited By TobyD81

If you really care about the game, go ahead. You're sure to meet some people there with common interestes (like *ahem* Halo)

JunkanooPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JunkanooPunch

IMO .....  nah  

I prefer to go to a store on my own time pick up a game and deal with ZERO lines and just simply go home and jam.