Are spoilers OK in a wiki?

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Foil_Charizard

When writing a wiki article for a specific game are spoilers OK to include or completely  forbidden. Also if they are allowed should a "spoiler warning tag" be included at the top?

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Johnny5

Yes this is also something I would like to know. Is a spoiler alert adequate or should we remove them altogether?

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scorched

I was wondering this too

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Termite

I wouldn`t think they are appropriate. Even if you put a spoiler tag

Forzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Forzen

I have also been wondering about this and it would be really useful to know for obvious reasons.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I think spoilers should be allowed, but that's just because I don't think spoilers are that big of a deal. It's become the "Cooties" of gaming...Maybe they shouldn't be on a specific game's page, but I think it's fine for character pages etc...

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

This website is afterall a wiki for gaming knowledge in all formats, platforms, games, genres, series, franchises and people etc.

I'd say to make an article about a game as informative as it can be then spoilers would have to be included however i understand some people may read an article to find out more about the game before purchasing it perhaps. So with that in mind it may be best to mention a warning about spoilers in your article. Here is an example....

*SPOILERS BELOW*

And then that way people viewing the article can hopefully notice this before they read on and spoil anything for themselves.

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Foil_Charizard
Hamz said:
"This website is afterall a wiki for gaming knowledge in all formats, platforms, games, genres, series, franchises and people etc.

I'd say to make an article about a game as informative as it can be then spoilers would have to be included however i understand some people may read an article to find out more about the game before purchasing it perhaps. So with that in mind it may be best to mention a warning about spoilers in your article. Here is an example....

*SPOILERS BELOW*

And then that way people viewing the article can hopefully notice this before they read on and spoil anything for themselves.
"
Thanks for the reply, this is what I'll do
MiceElf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiceElf

In a good wiki article all of the different subjects ought to be split into sections such as characters and story. you'd be a class a idiot if you didnt want to see spoilers and went to read the story section. i think if you're dumb enough to do that you deserve to have it spoiled!