Are there language/gore filters in World at War?

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Thrawn1

My parents might be getting this for my brother, and want to know this.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Your "brother" eh? Well my "Friend" took an extra vitamin this morning by accident and panicked for 2 hours straight thinking he had accidentally poisoned himself, so you and I both know what kind of snake oil you're trying to sell here.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

yeah, you caught me. I'm actually a five year old.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Thrawn said:
"yeah, you caught me.."

Don't worry buddy I'll put a hole in the top of the lid.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

As far as I know, there is not any form of filter on the game.  It pisses me off that CoD went the Mature route with their games.  I understand that war isn't pretty, and that people cuss and there is blood...but Infinity Ward was always able to provide a very pleasurable experience without having to resort to that.

Then again, Treyarch made W@W, so I'm really more pissed off at them for taking it to the extreme.  CoD4 didn't get into the gore part, nor too heavy on the language part.  I'm hoping Modern Warfare won't push those categories too far, either.

Gears 2 has a content filter, however...for the gore at least.  I don't know about language.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CreamyGoodness

do not believe so

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Fosssil

Yes, I just checked, and there is an option to reduce the Graphic Content.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

jakob187 said:
"As far as I know, there is not any form of filter on the game.  It pisses me off that CoD went the Mature route with their games.  I understand that war isn't pretty, and that people cuss and there is blood...but Infinity Ward was always able to provide a very pleasurable experience without having to resort to that.
Then again, Treyarch made W@W, so I'm really more pissed off at them for taking it to the extreme.  CoD4 didn't get into the gore part, nor too heavy on the language part.  I'm hoping Modern Warfare won't push those categories too far, either.

Gears 2 has a content filter, however...for the gore at least.  I don't know about language.
"
Well real wars are pretty gory from what I hear, so I think it was the right route.