Are there other games like Fifefer Island that teach you about economics?

EconomicPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm interested in learning about economics through video games and was curious if anyone knows titles similar to Fifefer Island or has also played the game, and, if so, what they enjoy about it? I've played a little bit of FI and am planning on playing more since I'm enjoying how the game handles teaching you about elements of economics while presenting it in a survival aspect (which I guess already kind of pertains to life!). I enjoy its bird-eye view and 2D approach as well, since that style keeps the game simpler than other approaches but is still fun to play. Are there other games like this one people know about?

I also tried the 'Demand Curve Game' and 'Supply Curve Game' mobile games because they looked unique from the other mobile games and simpler to hop into, allowing me to get into the game faster. I've seen plenty of other economic-sorts of mobile games on the app store but those haven't interested me, I'm looking for more unique games, but I may try those eventually.

Gordonzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely the aspect of the Civilization games I enjoy the most. Building a financially strong empire is hugely satisfying on its own, even if all else is chaos.

You might also dig Stellaris, or Offworld Trading Company.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dream Street