are you currently playing a free to play game?

• 94 results
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By Animasta

Poll are you currently playing a free to play game? (241 votes)

yes 65%
I did, but stopped 12%
no 23%

I was just wondering because I've been playing the best free to play game ever made

pokemon trading card game online

(it's really not it's horrible and pay to win and it sucks I don't know why I keep playing)

but free to play games are the hot new shit or something, so I was just wonderin.

(by the way, by currently I mean you've played it in the last 2 weeks)

• 
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

Dabbling in Killer Instinct, of all things (I haven't ever been good enough with fighting games to bother). Seems like it has a nice tutorial though. Not sure it's going to go anywhere with me, though.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

@ripelivejam said:

thinking of touchin wawrfraem, is the community pretty receptive to noobs?

Well, it's pretty ok. There's an incredible amount of things you can do wrong. The game has a laughable tutorial that wastes your time by teaching you how to point your mouse and useless shit like that but fails to even explain basic movement skills. None of the game modes are explained at all and you can really fuck your team up if you don't know what you're doing. That said, the community seemed relatively laid back to me. Got a lot of helpful, friendly players and got screamed at once in dozens of hours (classic "you could've explained what I did wrong in half the words you used to try and insult me" type of shit). The bigger problem are overpowered players that farm low-level areas in coop mode and can leave you hanging fighting impossible odds while they're untouchable and rushing bosses and such. But they simply don't give a shit about you instead of screaming at you in my experience. The game isn't that well balanced for solo play either. Consider watching some tutorials or teaming up with people you know to solve that.

Yeah, been playing that (although I think I'm over it, fun game though) and SolForge which I really like.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I used to play Dust 514, but then I just got annoyed by getting brutally killed by folks with premium gear so I stopped.

WaspHUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Path of Exile, World of Tanks, Warthunder, Star Trek Online... i think that's all for the moment :) Maybe i can say EVE too, because i didn't paid a dime for it since 2011.

Nagogii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Nagogii

I still play TF2 frequently. Tried a few others here and there but nothing has grabbed me in the same way. Also just got into Hearthstone so I'll probably be playing that if I can get over being terrible at TCGs.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Dota. Always Dota

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, but I have periodically in the past. I'm barely playing any games at all at the moment.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

last I looked Dota 2 and League are still free. So one might even say most of what I play is F2P now.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By veektarius

I still play some Marvel Heroes. I think it's an underrated Diablo-type. It's mostly in short bursts, though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Trying to play Hearthstone, but it's frustrating when I'm losing to people just because my deck sucks (as it is one of the preconstructed ones) and I haven't played enough to earn good cards to make my own, rather than I made a mistake.

It sucks extra hard that the only balanced mode, the Arena, is locked behind a paywall too. Which either means more money, or more grinding. Either way I'm shafted.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Warframe. So much Warframe.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Warframe is the only F2P I've ever been able to stomach.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped playing TF2 about the time it went free. Currently play 1 or 2 games of LoL a day, the occasional Rift battleground and occasional Path of Exile.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Path of Exile here and there. I've gotten to enjoy it but not to the point where I'm playing daily.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I answered 'no' but then I remembered I played an hour of Warframe and plan on going back.

So yes?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Warframe on the PS4. So far so good, might try out DCUO sometime this week too since I never played it on my PS3.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TF2, although I started playing when it was $20.

Honestly, TF2 is pretty much the only game I play at all at the moment. I am busy so only have like 1 or 2 hours on the weekend to play a few rounds.

I also stopped using the micro-transactions a few months ago, the amount of hats they added is just silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Being not much of a multiplayer person myself, I am not nor have I ever played a F2P game.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DOTA2, though at this point 'free' ain't the word anymore..

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Turambar

@animasta said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@beachthunder: Lol, is that a picture of your girlfriend or something? If so, I get the joke and it's funny, but kind of weird that you'd post it here.

that's from the forza 5 quick look.

okay, now Im really lost. Why post it here? Whats the thread man?

Loading Video...

Blak_Knot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Blak_Knot

Planetside 2!

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played a ton of league of legends in the past, but I'm taking a break from it right now. I did play TF2 but before it went f2p (got it with the orange box on pc back in the day).

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumped back into Marvel Heroes with the new in-game content.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JJBSterling

I used played a bunch of free to play games, Runescape (a personal shame/guilty pleasure),TF2, I dabbled with some Planetside 2 and Marvel: Heroes but they didn't grab me for very long.

League of Legends was the most recent one, a bunch of my friends want me to get back into it but I have some kind of queue anxiety with games like that, it's kind of preventing me from wanting to go back (but I still might).

Woodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Woodles

I am currently playing Path of Exile as my main game and its the best f2p game out there for me. I gave them 20 dollars for more bank slots and called it a day. Seriously so much fun and fair. Not many f2p games I can claim being fair for the people actually playing the game. You really don't have to spend money at all to enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have LoL installed. I don't play it all that much, seeing as I'm terrible at it, but it's there whenever four other friends want to dive into that madness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By klaptos

That new one, Dota 2.

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By von_wemberg

A bit of War Thunder :)

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ever since I got my PS4 I have been goofing around with Blacklight Retribution. It is alright. Not enough for me to pay money into, though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Just actually started playing Warframe last night.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@benspyda said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@animasta said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@beachthunder: Lol, is that a picture of your girlfriend or something? If so, I get the joke and it's funny, but kind of weird that you'd post it here.

that's from the forza 5 quick look.

okay, now Im really lost. Why post it here? Whats the thread man?

Forza 5 is full of free to play microtransactions is what I think he was getting at.

Saying it's from the Forza 5 QL doesn't help unless you know the original context of the "Never" picture.

Loading Video...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm begrudgingly getting back into The Old Republic because I really want to get through some of the stories. The restrictions are pretty brutal, even if you're a "Preferred" player.

I tend to check out F2P games and stop after 10 minutes to an hour. Sometimes I'll go back to them thinking I didn't give it a fair shake, like Rift which I reinstalled yesterday, only to play it again for 10 minutes and say fuck it. Uninstall.

Path of Exile also seemed cool but I'm still going through Torchlight 2 and enjoying that. DOTA 2 is great though, I'll get into that for a week or two and then take a break. Doesn't really work out when I get back into it and kinda suck, but whatever. I did play a lot of Star Trek Online, and quite enjoyed it until the UI got borked on my old 5x4 monitor. Still, the ship combat was tons of fun. I might start that up again now that I think about it.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War Thunder, World of tanks and Path of Exile.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By UlquioKani

DOTA 2 EVERY DAY.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearthstone and RO. Fortunately can play both at the same time as pokemon. Or all three.

Now that I'm sitting down and thinking about the multi-tasking i've been doing my head really hurts.

Gruntypig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people are saying Forza 5 but that's not free to play that's pay to pay.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gave Path of Exile and Duel of Champions a go but my enthusiasm petered out like always with F2P games. Unless the game's Tribes: Ascend, in which case it's just a damn shame.

sqrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep playing SolForge for some unknown reason.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The only free to play games that I got really into were Maple Story and Gunbound.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it but I guess TF 2. I want to get more in Warframe

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ryanwhom

Order and Chaos Duels is the only ftp game that's still on my phone. Because I very occasionally get the tcg itch and it doesn't inundate you with free to play hooks.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen said:

@breadfan said:

Playing Path of Exile on and off. It's pretty rad.

I tried but didn't like any of the classes they offered. Which are fun?

If it hasn't changed since I last played (which was over a year ago in the closed beta, so it may have), every class is exactly the same; the only thing that changes is where you start on the passive skill tree.

It hasn't changed. The classes still only determine where you start in the skill ... web.

I continue to play Dota 2, a little Warthunder once in a while, and just started dabbling in PoE. I haven't played TF2 in a while. I should change that.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#95  Edited By Bumpton

Hearthstone for me! I'm pretty effing hooked. Still haven't paid for anything. Though some drunk play sessions got me awfully close... Then I realized I'd have to go get my credit card.

neobendez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By neobendez

I'm planning on playing. I'm thinking on Pokemon too,I've got friends who seems to enjoy it a lot!