• 191 results
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

With Nintendo most likely putting out their console out sometime next year and MS going on the path to the next gen (not sure what Sony is doing, they probably will release around same time too, I guess). You guys ready for new consoles? I know I am. After getting a taste of PC gaming through my laptop (go ahead and laugh) and wanting to now get an actual gaming rig, I also now would like to see new consoles. The age of the current hardware is pretty apparent, at least to me it is. 

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sameeeeam

I am totally ready. I think the current gen systems have had a nice, healthy lifespan, and I'm ready for something new. I want to feel that new console rush again.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I wouldn't mind some details, but I could still easily stick to my ps3/360 for another two years at least.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger

Yes.

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Badhands

All I play is PC really, beside the few 360 exclusives that come out. But I do have to say that I cant stand to play my 360 anymore because the graphics are so shit on most things so I wouldn't be opposed to new console now.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

I think I'm ready for a new Nintendo console, but not from Sony or Microsoft right now.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I could go for some 1080p action.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By animateria

Nope.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I've been ready years ago, not satisifed with console graphics, I want a new console already.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Kyreo

Not really.  I just bought a PS3 and I love it.  I don't want to have to buy the NEXT next best thing.  Though, considering how long these consoles have been it out I guess it is about time.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Chop

I've been ready for a proper HD Nintendo console for five years now but I'm not ready to switch out my Xbox and PS3 yet. I'd rather wait for more significant graphical differences between the PC and consoles; I want more out of a new system then just higher res textures and 1080p. 

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Venatio

No not really

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NickL

I am not ready! I need to start saving money =(

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Afroman269
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" I've been ready years ago, not satisifed with console graphics, I want a new console already. "
I came into pc gaming, only mid-range too, only recently and that's what is making realize how much I want new consoles. If I got in way earlier then I would be even more tired of the current hardware.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By imsh_pl

My prediction for a long time has been X720/PS4 announced in 2012 released in late 2013/early 2014 so I'm gonna stick with that.

Am I ready though? I think I am, but I don't think next gen is necessary anytime soon.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By N7

Nope. I'm fine with what we've got and will continue to be fine with it for a long time.

I'm not ready for Next Gen console wars.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By iam3green

no, i'm not ready for a new console. i plan on chilling with my xbox 360, ps3, and pc.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By lead_farmer

No.  I'm quite happy with what I've got.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By monetarydread

I would love to see a new console release.  I never buy a launch console, but by the time something good comes around, I will be ready to pick something new up.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By phrosnite

I'm ready even though I don't have any consoles and won't be buying one any time soon but I'm curious to see the "next gen" of consoles.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#22  Edited By BeachThunder
@phrosnite said:
" I'm ready even though I don't have any consoles and won't be buying one any time soon but I'm curious to see the "next gen" of consoles. "
Yup, exactly the same boat as me, also congrats on your 1000 posts :P
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By GeekDown

Yes, I would gladly buy some new hardware.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#24  Edited By Hailinel

I'm ready, so long as they aren't piled on top of me all at once.  If Nintendo's next console comes out next year and the others follow suit in 2013 or 2014, I'd be okay with that, i think.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By nick_verissimo

I've spent most of this year playing my PS2, so I can wait.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Bollard

I was ready like well over a year ago now. The current generation of hardware is so, so outdated I can't believe we're still trying to push forward with it. What I can totally understand however, is the reluctance to upgrade hardware in terms of making development costs way, way higher. Games already cost a fortune to make now, and as hardware gets better development time increases a lot and so does the cost of the software. That's the only sensible reason I can see to dodge new hardware.

@CandiBunni said:
"@Badhands 

The graphics on the 360 aren't "shit".  There are plenty of fine looking games on there, and just because they don't have things like anti-aliasing, maybe HDR, or some other junk, doesn't mean they look like crap. Just look at Crysis 2 on the 360. Sure it's not as good looking as the PC version (just by a small bit), and there is some texture fade-in (which shouldn't matter to people since it's not a big deal), but otherwise it looks great. The graphics don't make a game, they're an important part at times, but gameplay is what matters most, and there are a lot of fun games for the 360, as well as all three consoles.

/end rant
"
You obviously don't play many PC games... I played the Crysis 2 demo on the PC and 360, and the difference was staggering. Crysis 2 doesn't even have proper graphics options on the PC -heck, Crysis 1 still looks better IMO - but on console it looks grainy and really lacking sharpness. Especially looking at market leader, Call of Duty, on a 360, it just looks like a PS2 game compared to modern hardware now.

Similarly, if consoles had the kind of power PCs do nowadays, and development time could be legitimately be spent taking advantage of all the DX11 effects and tricks games would surpass current consoles by... well 5+ years. That's the only reason you say PC versions only look a "small bit" better, because developers don't gain anything by putting the effort in to make them better. So they don't bother (see: Crysis 2 lacking DX11.)
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Afroman269
@CandiBunni: I don't see what's so bad about new consoles coming out in the next couple years. I only see it as a minor issue for someone who invested in this generation late into the game, like last year or this year. Even then, these new consoles proved to have staying power, they will most likely live alongside the new consoles like the PS2 did. This gives plenty of time for the people who aren't ready for new consoles to stay with the old hardware till they are ready. As for doubting the possibility of new consoles coming, that's just denial. Nintendo will be showing off their new console this E3. MS and Sony are most likely going to build up their own hardware to show next E3. 
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By flaminghobo

I'd be happy to adopt a new system if it were an obvious massive improvement on the current systems we have, whilst also offering a good selection of launch titles and future support. However, with all that said, the price would also have a massive influence on my wallet.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By ProfessorEss

Hmm, dev kits go out, that gives us, say, two years til release.
I pick up the console somewhere within a year of its release.
Yeah, I'll be ready in 2-3 years.

(ps: I ignored the nintendo angle because short of a DRASTIC departure they'll remain off my radar)

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RichardLOlson

Not really.  I'm fine with the current consoles out at the moment (360 and PS3).  As far as Nintendo goes, sure they can bring out a new console.  I really don't care to much about Nintendo though.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By BonOrbitz

I'm ready for a new PC and a new system from Nintendo. I could wait another 3-5 years for new XBox or PS hardware. Technology will be more affordable for these things so I won't have to "work more hours" to buy one as Mr. Kutaragi put it a few years ago. Besides, have the current gen HD systems truly reached their max potential?

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shabs

While I think the consoles are showing their age I have no interest in spending money on new consoles and peripherals.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By fox01313

Think that out of all the consoles, the Wii is the only one that really is in need of a new something as the Wii was only a partial improvement over the previous console they did. The other two seem like they will be fine for a while on their own.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Getz

Not ready for new consoles, though new ones coming out probably wouldn't affect me that much. I don't even have a ps3 yet, so it's gonna be quite awhile before I plunk down money on a new machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not just yet, but I'm getting there. 

Though I suspect after I play the holiday 2011/early 2012 crop of games that I'm interested in, I suspect that I'll be much more ready. Having said that, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to jump into the next generation as soon as it arrives. I learned my lesson with the Xbox 360.  I'm going to wait at least six months after each console launches to make sure there aren't any crazy technical problems. And beyond that six months, I'm just going to wait until there are enough games that I'm really interested in before buying a console. 
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Jimbo

Yes I am ready for new consoles.
BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

no as i play PC games

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By MysteriousBob

No, I only joined this gen two years ago with my 360. There's still a load of catching up I need to do.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Afroman269
@Jimbo: Awesome.

@BUCK3TM4N said:
" no as i play PC games "
Right, if you really played PC games then you would be wanting the new consoles to be out a long time ago. The current gen hardware is holding back PC.
Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Chocobodude3

no

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xyzygy

Nintendo: Yes.

Microsoft: Maybe.
Sony: Maybe.
Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Deeveeus

No, there is absolutely no need to jack game costs even further...I just feel like gameplay (from a standard controller and key/mouse standpoint), has not really gotten much more responsive or or smoother since PS2 days, it would just be for graphics whores

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I'm ready to upgrade my PC, yes.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally comfortable with my PS3 and 360, but a Nintendo system with a real controller and current gen graphics would be super. With PS3 and 360, there isn't much to improve on besides the graphics, and last time I checked games looked pretty dang good. If they got any better looking they'd probably take even longer and be even more expensive to produce, and does anyone really want that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd guess if they have hardware out to the developer house/s a 2013 release was on the cards so yes, I'm ready for 2013.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By soldierg654342

Absolutely not.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#47  Edited By BeachThunder
@Jimbo said:
"
Yes I am ready for new consoles. "
So...
Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kjellm87

Kinda,
just a little nervous for whats in store for the industry ahead I guess.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ajamafalous

My body is ready.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers