Atlus teases Persona announcement on Nov. 24th!!!

• 105 results
shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By shinjin977

@chaser324 said:

@ajamafalous said:

I will also throw my hat into the "LOL LIVE CONCERT TOUR IN THOSE JAPANESE CITIES" ring, simply because I'm tempering my expectations.

If it's not Persona 5, I get to say 'I told you so,' and if it is, I'm pleasantly surprised. Welcome to the way I live my life.

As much as I want it to be Persona 5, I have to admit that it makes a lot of sense for this to be related to Persona Live concerts.

There's actually a separate site for that and they don't use the persona team logo for the concert because they obviously don't work on that stuff. This is a game, of that we can be sure and it is from the persona team but is it Persona 5? I don't know. Could be another one of their side project like Catherine.

Edit: Also it is worth noting that this date is right after Persona 3 the movie comes out. I believe it is the day after in fact.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@shinjin977: Hmm...in that case...I'm wondering if those cities might be places that they'll be demoing the arcade release of the new Persona 4 Arena sequel. Those three boxes might be filled with the three new characters.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Flappy

@chaser324: Nooooooooooooooo! That'd be terrible! Why would they even do that?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Zeik

@chaser324 said:

@shinjin977: Hmm...in that case...I'm wondering if those cities might be places that they'll be demoing the arcade release of the new Persona 4 Arena sequel. Those three boxes might be filled with the three new characters.

I can't see that being the case. Why release that new trailer with the new character in an announcement completely unrelated to this if this was about Arena? It would be very awkward marketing. Besides, the Persona team doesn't really have that much to do with those game anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@zeik said:

I can't see that being the case. Why release that new trailer with the new character in an announcement completely unrelated to this if this was about Arena? It would be very awkward marketing. Besides, the Persona team doesn't really have that much to do with those game anyway.

Not true. Not only were they involved with Persona 4 Arena (so much so that it's one of the only two games to have the P-Studio logo on the box), but all of the big P-Studio names are involved.

Katsura Hashino is producer, Kazuhisa Wada is director, Shigenori Soejima is lead artist, Shoji Meguro is the composer... There's a reason that this is developed by both Atlus and ASW, and not just ASW with Atlus as the publisher.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was mostly speaking comparatively to their other projects it was more limited, but I didn't realize their logo was on the box. Although I suppose it makes sense it would, whether or not they had much to do with it.

Melanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I honestly have no idea what this is gonna be. I'm not holding out for a P5 announcement (mostly from fear of being let-down) but I also doubt it has anything to do with P4U2. That game already has it's own website and it'd be really weird to not mention Arc System Works anywhere on the page.

At the same time I cannot see it having anything to do with a live concert or something like that. Sure, the list of cities is a bit mysterious, but the idea of hyping Persona fans up for two months just to reveal another live event seems...unwise. Also you'd figure they'd go with a more recognizable colour scheme. Like Blue & White or Green & Yellow.