BG&E

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Box3ru13

So I just bought this off steam for 5 bucks, never played it...

...that being said is it really good?  I read some excerpts of some reviews and it sounds like a good game, but I wanted to get your guys' take on it?

Is it great? good? average?

pros?

Cons?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

not available in my area :(

Ive only heard good things.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Its an amazing game. One of the best games of last gen.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 166

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By zh666

it's a solid Zelda clone

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Box3ru13

could u guys elaborate more?

kidIKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kidIKD
zh666 said:
"it's a solid Zelda clone"
There's more to it than that, but that's about the gist. Replace Epona with a hovercraft, replace Hyrule with Hylis (wow, I just realized how close those were), and replace Navi with an awesome pig-man sidekick. Also, throw in some Pokemon Snap and light stealth elements. The setting and characters are some of the most original you'll find in a game, though.
zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zh666
deadox1138 said:
"zh666 said:
Also, throw in some Pokemon Snap and light stealth elements.
Windwaker also had a camera AND light stealth elements..  it also had partner puzzles
kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kilzombie

It's an amazing game,with an amazing story. I bought it when it first came out, but never bothered to play it until a few months back. I'm glad I never got rid of it, it's definitely one of the best games of last-gen.

kidIKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidIKD
zh666 said:
"deadox1138 said:
"zh666 said:
Windwaker also had a camera AND light stealth elements..  it also had partner puzzles"
Oh yeah, I forgot that. At any rate, though, Windwaker isn't the first game that comes to mind when we look at the Zelda series as a whole.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ZimpanX

It's amazing, too bad it's so bloody short though.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm assuming you're talking about Beyond Good and Evil. I picked it up at $10 at Circuit City a few months after it came out because it sold very poorly despite good reviews. I played it for like an hour or two, I don't know. I find that when I pay less for a game, I play it less. I do realize that's pretty lame, and I really should go back and play it some more. It seemed good from what I played, though the whole photography aspect kind of bored me a little. It's kind of pathetic to have a game in my collection that I've played for such a short amount of time. But man, dude... it's hard to go back to last-gen, especially when I'm already so behind on this gen. The world needs less games. :(

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zh666
deadox1138 said:
"zh666 said:
"deadox1138 said:
"zh666 said:
Windwaker also had a camera AND light stealth elements..  it also had partner puzzles"
Oh yeah, I forgot that. At any rate, though, Windwaker isn't the first game that comes to mind when we look at the Zelda series as a whole."
no of course, but just about every "special" function in BG&E can be found in Windwaker.. Windwaker is the easiest example.. it's a little eeire..

Jade's disc / Link's arrows
Jade's disc / Link's arrows

Travel by boat on a massive ocean
Travel by boat on a massive ocean

Stealth
Stealth

Puzzle solving and platforming
Puzzle solving and platforming

Boss battles
Boss battles

Jade and Link's camera system
Jade and Link's camera system
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Patchinko

Looking at those pics... I could find a MGS4 shot that looks like every one of those too. Not saying they're similar, just kind of funny.

coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By coolof

Windwaker and BG&E were released the same year. How on earth do you think they could steal half the game if they were already in the end of their production when Windwaker were relased?

I have finished both of the games and they're really different from each other. Zelda is action oriented while BG&E in more focused on stealth and adventure. The photograph aspect of BG&E goes way deep and is implemented into the game in a really nice way.

All in all I personally think BG&E is much better than Windwaker. I still like Windwaker a lot but the story and atmosphere in BG&E is way better.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zh666

Windwaker was released in: December 13, 2002
Beyond Good and Evil was released in: November 11, 2003

coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By coolof

That might be true, I only found the American release dates.
That being said, your post is still stupid and an amazing display of how fanboys act.

There's nothing that connects BG&E with Zelda, they feel totally different. The bosses you showed have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Zeldas "camera function" is not used in the same way as in BG&E. The stealth works totally different and Zelda rarly use it compared to BG&E where it's used thoughout the game. The HUD might be similar in BG&E but that says absolutly nothing and it's not the first game to do this anyway.

For me BG&E often feels like a pont-and-click adventure packaged in an action game. There's a lot of interaction but there's no strange gimmicks behind them. But the most important thing here is that the game have very little in common with Windwaker. Or any Zelda game for that matter... or Metal Gear Solid.

zh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zh666

fanboy for what? I love both games..

are you going to tell me this boss fight isn't something straight out of a Zelda game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-k7odHAAzA

kidIKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kidIKD

BG&E is a great game. There is no denying that. But for what reasons is that? I'll admit that the gameplay gets a little weak at some points and is relatively derivative. Where the game really deserves its cred is in the artistic aspects. The graphics, the setting, the characters, the story: theses are the things that make BG&E great. The gameplay is no slouch, but it was never anything new. The fact that the art alone has essentially carried BG&E to the high place it is held in now is a great testament to its artists and designers. And coolof? Next time you call someone a fanboy, make sure their points aren't valid first. In this case, you might be calling the kettle black, Mr. Pot.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Box3ru13

So I just got done play it yesterday for a good amount of time (already @ the slaughterhouses) And I must say I regret not getting this game sooner, it really is a fantastic game, hunting for pearls is fun as well as searching every nook and cranny, The stealth elements are fun because the Alpha sections are so huge that its impossible to fight them.

I must say this game is fun, and I hope I'm not to close to the end, but its been a blast so far.

And the camera elements are fun, as its addicting to keep taking pictures to get more money and pearls.

kidIKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kidIKD
Box3ru13 said:
"So I just got done play it yesterday for a good amount of time (already @ the slaughterhouses) And I must say I regret not getting this game sooner, it really is a fantastic game, hunting for pearls is fun as well as searching every nook and cranny, The stealth elements are fun because the Alpha sections are so huge that its impossible to fight them.

I must say this game is fun, and I hope I'm not to close to the end, but its been a blast so far.

And the camera elements are fun, as its addicting to keep taking pictures to get more money and pearls."
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I wish more late-comers would be willing to part with the $5 to bring this wonderful game into their homes :-)