Buying Limited Collectors Editions not to sell or open.

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Elfen

I recently purchased Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition. I pre-orded it last June and got it in the mail yesterday. I know that only 5,000 where produced in the U.S and a whole bunch of dirt bags are selling it on ebay for 5 times the original value. I want to play the game, but I am afraid to open it. I don't want to sell it. That is my going concern. Should I buy a regular copy to play? In the past I bought new copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Kindom hearts DDD's Collectors Edition and purchased a separate copy just to play. Am I thinking to much into this?

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By morningstar

If you are not selling it why is it so important to keep it unopened? Is it for your collection of unopened special editions or something?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I had a whole load of old sealed Disney special edition VHS's that I was saving because they might be valuable one day.

They were destroyed in a house fire last year.

I won't be saving any sealed copies of things again. Those things were meant to be enjoyed and they never were. If I did decide to keep things like that again, I'd be investing in a fireproof box.

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Elfen

It looks so much better displayed when it is still sealed. Plus, it is kind of like bragging rights. "I have a sealed copy of ________."

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vonocourt

@MattyFTM: You mean like http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Beast-Walt-Disney-Classic/dp/6302526574/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_title_0

Maybe it's just because of my family's history, but I don't see the point in keeping stuff sealed. Especially when it comes to video games and movies, where the value of even the rarest items can dropped to being worthless as soon as they announce a new release.

And just keeping it unopened and buying another copy...just sounds like a bad thing to do, could snowball from there.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Different people have emotional attachments to different things. If having a sealed copy makes you happy, then keep it that way.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By zidd

You did buy the game cause you wanted to play it right?

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wacomole

If you buy another standard version to play, you'll forever be thinking "I wonder what the stuff in the Wizard Edition is like"

If you buy another Wizard Edition to open and buy to enjoy the goodies inside, you'll look back and think "Aww man I had 2 Wizard Editions. That was worth TWICE as much"

Where do you stop?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

Eat them and gain their power.

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scalpel

I don't usually cling to things in that way, but I've spend upwards of $1000 getting the unopened World of Warcraft Collector's edition boxes. I thought it would be worth it since it's a game I've consistently played for almost a decade now. I'm missing The Burning Crusade and then my collection will be complete.

I have the games digitally so I'm never going to open them. They'll just sit on my shelf. No regrets.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By saethir

@MoleyUK said:

If you buy another standard version to play, you'll forever be thinking "I wonder what the stuff in the Wizard Edition is like"

If you buy another Wizard Edition to open and buy to enjoy the goodies inside, you'll look back and think "Aww man I had 2 Wizard Editions. That was worth TWICE as much"

Where do you stop?

Obviously, you have to track down all the Wizard Editions, and obtain them through whatever means you chose.

Then play the one that is in the second best condition, and destroy all of the others save for the one in the best shape.

You now have the only sealed copy of the Wizards Edition in existence.

That should be a good stopping point, i guess.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zombie2011

@Elfen said:

It looks so much better displayed when it is still sealed. Plus, it is kind of like bragging rights. "I have a sealed copy of ________."

To which the guy you're taking to would say "no one cares!"

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ModernAlkemie

Wouldn't better bragging rights be "I burned a sealed copy of *insert rare game*"?