Can anyone help me kill the Taurus Demon in Dark Souls (PC)

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey I've been having trouble killing the Taurus Demon with some of the common strats like firebombs, down attacks from ladder repeat etc and was wondering if I could summon someone in to kill him with me but I've never had experiance with summoning people or doing co-op, so you may have to explain how to summon you and what I need. Any help you can give would be great, thanks!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Figure it out, man. That's the whole point of the game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zeik

You can summon there, but I highly recommend you just keep trying. He's the easiest boss in the game and it's not going to get better for you if you don't learn some of this stuff yourself.

Using the drop and attack strategy makes the fight really really easy, just make sure you run away a bit before trying to climb back up.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock on, back up when he swings, run in after a big swing and hit ONCE. Repeat FTW. Keep your nerves in check and you'll be fine. You don't even need to roll.

Summoning that early is dangerous because there are far more low level invaders than helpers.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Rusty, you asked the same question in the Dark Souls forum. Please don't duplicate those questions in the General Forums just because you don't think you got enough replies in the Dark Souls forum; it's annoying.

There were some people willing to help you in the Dark Souls forum, but they need to know which platform you're on first: Xbox, PS3, or PC.

You should be able to take him on one-on-one, though. I'll post more tips on your thread in the Dark Souls forum.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, can the rest of you guys be bigger asses if you tried?

To the OP, that demon gave me trouble initially as well, but it would really help if we knew what class you played, since some of them have some excellent starter equipment for that early in the game. When I first played, I didn't realize how incredibly useful the shield was - despite how huge the monster is, you CAN block its attacks, so go to the zombie merchant in Undead Burg, and I recommend buying the Heater shield since it can block 100% of physical damage done to you. If you're a sorcerer, then you start out with Soul Arrow, which DESTROYS this guy (and every other enemy) pretty quickly. Just keep backpedaling, and then cast when he inevitably misses.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not sure how that thing is such a huge stumbling block for a bunch of people. Just fight it and figure it out.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: I wasn't being an ass whatsoever.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pfffffffffft.

Dodge between his legs when you're on the ground. Then stab him in the ass. Of course, the drop tactic works best.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quit now and save yourself the stress

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Like most bosses in Dark Souls you are safest directly under them. I'm not joking, most bosses have a long reach that is intended to hit you from mid to long range, but not underneath them. Just stay between his legs and hack him to death, if Jeff Greene can do it so can you.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tauras has slow hard swings, learn their range and stay just out of it. during his recovery hit once then get back. If you have firebombs it goes really quickly. when he backs you up near a tower run towards his feet, roll until you get past him and sprint away. drop attacks work well but you need enough time and distance to get up the ladder first so I recommend doing it once only, don't always keep your guard up, keep your stamina up, guard when your stamina is full or when you see a swing coming. get a 100% damage reduction shield, the soul arrow spell is pretty useful and you can buy it near fire link shrine if you search around a bit. don't be afraid to grind for souls either, sometimes the few extra levels will make a hard boss a manageable boss. Grinding is also practice, You are still early in the game and knowing the speed of your attacks your recovery time when hit, and practicing your roll and dodge skills is a good idea. every time I play with a new weapon I make the same run through a particular area until I have it down solid. At this stage armor isn't that important (it provides a lumpy benefit, which only means it isn't worth it unless it actually makes you take 4 hits to go down instead of three), try to stay at under 50% equip load, better if you can stay below 25%, It isn't just fat rolls you need to avoid but your movement speed is also much slower above each of those thresholds.

most important heal or attack while the Demon is recovering from his own attacks, There is one in particular if you watch him that gives you a nice wide opening.

I hope that helps

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Justin258

There's a zombie merchant in Undead Burg. Go downstairs from the bonfire, kill all the dudes around you. There should be two dudes with shields on a platform to the left. Kill them, then break the barrels near you. Now go down those stairs. There's another dude hiding behind a cabinet or something; kill him. Then walk out of the door in front of the stairs and to your left is a zombie sitting on a rug. He'll talk to you and sell you stuff. DON'T attack him or he won't sell you anything and you'll have a really hard time getting through this part of the game.

He sells better armor and firebombs. If you need to farm souls, do it. It shouldn't take you too long. Once you have enough, buy better armor and a shitload of firebombs. For a good example of beating the Taurus demon with firebombs, go watch the Quick Look.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Yikes... If you can't beat the Taurus Demon yourself then you should quit now. That is one of the easier demons in the game.

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikelemmer: lol I ddidint post that so either it was someone else or your lying

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It took me a few tries to get him when I first fought him. Keep trying! Learn his attack patterns, roll under him when he jumps.

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my down attacks are weird half of the time they work the other they dont so I might get the first down attack okay but when I go back to the ladder to do it again it doesint work and I die

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died so much to that motherfucker... I jumped in complete joy when I finally killed him, dont miss out on that feeling!

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blommer4

@rustyh: Dude, it's really easy for us to see that you opened another thread for this same exact thing, then abandoned it and started this. There are so many people here that are trying to help you, you should really answer to some of the other questions they have instead of trying to be a smartass to one of them. Here is your last thread, go back to it and actually look at what people answered, it's filled with some really good advices!

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

holy crap I did it! thank you everyone so much for your tips they really helped out. I got the chain mail and stayed under 25 equipment then got the sword and shield (cant remember their names) from the dragon carcas in valley of drakes then got 15 faith for the sword and just dodged and swiped him to death. Thanks everyone so much I would of been on him for ages without your help!

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By psylah

@rustyh: It's all uphill from there.

Ironhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers