Can you recommend me some "infinite-fun" games?

Creamcups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm looking for games that never become boring, like Just Cause 2, GTA San Andreas or Saunts Row 3.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Exercise

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Dota <3

<3

<3<3<3

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ares42

The big three games that kept me coming back over and over last year was Hearthstone, Diablo 3 and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I guess you could add Beyond Earth to the list as well, but if you're a Civ guy you'd already know about it =)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Doom.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PRESS UP TO RAUS

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I would not describe Saint's Row 3, San Andreas or Just Cause 2 as games that never become boring. I've put them all down and don't think I'll ever pick them up again.

Games I come back to every couple months whether I like it or not include:

• Spelunky
  • Peggle
  • Minecraft
  • Lumines
  • Tetris
  • Rock Band

I could see Dota or an MMO also filling this role and is, perhaps, why I haven't started to play either of them. It's a bottomless hole from which I'll never escape.

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is gonna be a question that everyone answers differently, but hopefully with enough ideas, something will stick for you.

This year, I've played loads of Hearthstone, Payday 2, and Borderlands 2. Haven't gotten bored with any of them yet.

dkraytsberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dkraytsberg

TL;DR version: Bejeweled. For more better-er answer, please continue:

No Caption Provided

Bejeweled, Hearthstone, [Team Fortress 2/Counter Strike], [DOTA/League of Legends], [Diablo/Torchlight], Civilization

Luftrausers get honorable mention here, as does Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. Luftrausers is crazy fun, played it for about 10 hours, not endless, but that's a lot of 'rausing, so its well worth, plus you can go back to here and there. Clash of Heroes is perhaps a more unknown quantity; got it free for Xbox Games with Gold, and sunk 50+ hours into it. The game is just fantastic, and its a Capy joint, so its very well made.

Bejeweled probably wins here, it can be played anywhere, for any amount of time, indefinitely. My personal vote is for Clash of Heroes.

TO UNLOCK ULTRAAAA COOOMBOO: Chain these games together.

1. between matches of DOTA play some Hearthstone or Clash of Heroes or Luftrausers
  2. move to the less competitive Diablo or Civ after a handful of matches
  3. maybe end your evening with the frenetic pace of an online shooter.
  4. basically play Bejeweled any time you aren't at a PC/Console, ex. Eating, Showering, etc...

You'll never have free time again. Enjoy!

JamMasterMango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JamMasterMango

I would argue any game is potentially 'infinite-fun.' You're going to get a mixed-bag of everyone's opinion on what they like to replay.

The right online multiplayer game could take the cake for what you're looking for; they're endless by design and certain features (XP, unlocks, perks, teammates, etc.) could give you an incentive to keep coming back.

Though, based on your open-world/sandbox examples, I'd recommend Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3 / 4, Infamous.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Street Fighter...

No Caption Provided

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mosespippy: Yeah, I'm with you. SR3, GTA, and Just Cause 2 aren't endless fun. They're good sandbox games, but those get boring eventually.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarf Fortress

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Spelunky

DuncanKeller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I ever found a game that I never got tired of, that would be some kind of holy grail for gaming. That being said, I have put hundreds of hours put into both Spelunky and Binding of Isaac, so that would probably be my suggestion.

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CS:GO

Been playing this series for well over a decade and the formula never gets stale. Even the maps never get boring after all these years and all the thousands of hours I've personally spent on them. Just shows you don't need yearly installments and map packs to keep the genre fun.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By onarum

Mount & Blade Warband is all you need, I have over 800 hours logged in it and it's still awesome(granted that 80% of that longevity is due to mods)

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

None of these are in line with your examples, but these are the first things that came to mind when I thought of "games that never get boring."

• Racing games like Forza - with hundreds of cars to choose from and countless options for customization, a new car is always available for me to test drive. I'll frequently fire up Forza Horizon just to cruise around in something that I'd never use in one of the actual race events.
  • Sports games. I'm still playing NCAA Football '12. I love the dynasty mode - going through season after season, watching my players improve and move on to the NFL while I recruit the new players that will replace them.
  • As mentioned above, Diablo and Civ are both good for hundreds, if not thousands of hours.
  • Sudoku. Seriously. Whenever I'm bored of literally anything else, I pull out my phone and solve a sudoku puzzle. It never gets old.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Nidhogg - If you have someone to play with locally.

Luftrausers - That music never gets old

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Spelunky, and/or Don't Starve.

Oh and Diablo III is good too.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

They don't exist. No game will be fun until the end of time.

Dark Souls comes pretty close, though. I'm sure, though, in ten years something else will come out that replaces it. Dark Souls just replaced Diablo II for me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Corevi

Sonic CD

Fun is Infinity
Fun is Infinity

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Picross 3D.

That game is fucking excellent. After finishing it once i deleted my save file and dit it all again.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By joshwent

Cookie Clicker.

It's like a gameish version of "The Song that Doesn't End".

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well that's the difficult problem as you've seen by people's replies already, not everyone finds "endless fun" in the same type of games, personally I find spelunky, binding of isaac and basically every other example here to be the most boring shit on earth, I try them, maybe put in a few hours and never go back because it is the same thing over and over and over and over just in a randomized order.

People will suggest Dota or League of Legends, maybe Team Fortress 2, again these games are repetitive and dull to me for some reason.

For me the games I've spent the most time with are:

• Dark Souls/Dark Souls 2: I haven't dumped as much time into these as some, but I think 350 hours is quite a bit.
  • Diablo 2/Diablo 3: If you don't mind older games, Diablo 2 is better in many ways I think, but Diablo 3 I have probably 600 hours in, I don't know why but I played a lot of it, it may be because Blizzard kept updating it in huge ways since launch so I always had a reason to come back and play another hundred hours or so.
  • ArmA series: Whether you like the base military sim game or any of the ridiculous mods like "____ Life" or DayZ, Warzone etc. there's probably something here you can find some fun out of, I've probably got 400+ hours in ArmA 2/3 and that's all spent in the editor making my own missions and such.
  • Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim: In that order, these games have so many mods made for them, you can play one vanilla for a couple hundred hours, download a bunch of mods, go through for another couple hundred hours, download totally different mods, rinse and repeat. Mods make any game fresh by adding new content for free.

But yeah no game is "infinite fun" unless you're a crazy person, if you're a crazy person and have bad taste, get into Dota, League, Hearthstone, Counter Strike GO or any of the other repetitive time sinks people spend their time playing, that's as close to infinite as you can get if you can put up with those games.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By development

Super Hexagon

Creamcups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pesekava: Played all of those, amazing games. Too bad my P.C. can't handle them.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spectrum_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers