#1  Edited By OmegaPirate
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

That's a totally hot picture of Cortana.

Anyway, that article is crazy. There are things that I never wanted to know :-(

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this-

Try to remember the basics of CQC, Snake.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
atejas said:
"I'm surprised nobody mentioned this-
"
Lol - this is gonna ruin my image of the boss forever xD
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By suneku

saw that on digg awhile ago. It's a great read.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lieutenant

Mind blown

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

That is quite the interesting little article...Duke Nukem = Big the Cat...that shit is crazy.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shadow

Johnny Yong Bosch.  This dude plays freaking male lead for any anime ever

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Wait, when does princess peach talk?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Wait, when does princess peach talk?"
I was wondering the same thing
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

That's a pretty crazy list, Omega! Nice find. Although I'm surprised that they didn't put Joker (Mass Effect) = Chris Griffin (Family Guy.) The voice actor for those two roles is Seth Green. But then again, a lot of people may know that.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Sed = MaruMasu (shop dude from NG)
Really?  Wowzers

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shadows_kill

prince from the new prince of persia=nathan drake from uncharted drakes fortune

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunswordfist
atejas said:
"

HAHAHAHA! Really?! I didn't know The Boss was...what'shername?
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gunswordfist
Shadow said:
"Johnny Yong Bosch.  This dude plays freaking male lead for any anime ever"
Yes yes Bosch is Ichigo but I prefer the anime series Bleach ripped off, Yu yu Hakusho. I also prefer Johnny Yong Bosch as Vash The Stampede and DMC4's Nero (the entire DMC series is based on Trigun)
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By weltal

Man, DiMaggio is fucking legend. Bender and Marcus yeah ok, whatever, but he's also Jack?!

Smile, Jack
Smile, Jack

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb
Weltal said:
"Man, DiMaggio is fucking legend. Bender and Marcus yeah ok, whatever, but he's also Jack?!
Smile, Jack
Smile, Jack

"

Whhaaaat?!?! Dude! My respect just +10'd for DiMaggio. It's great to see a voice actor as successful as DiMaggio contributing to the lesser known games of great quality, like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunswordfist
BiggerBomb said:
"Weltal said:
"Man, DiMaggio is fucking legend. Bender and Marcus yeah ok, whatever, but he's also Jack?!
Smile, Jack
Smile, Jack

"

Whhaaaat?!?! Dude! My respect just +10'd for DiMaggio. It's great to see a voice actor as successful as DiMaggio contributing to the lesser known games of great quality, like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines."
Don't forget Wakka.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Meowayne
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Wait, when does princess peach talk?"
"Dear Mario,
please come to the castle.
I've baked a cake for you.

Love,
Peach"

Also Mario Kart.

And yeah, the world of voice acting is a world of wonder and surprise.

The voice actors for James and Eddie in Silent Hill 2 both went to the casting solely because their daughters wanted to play Laura. They got casted instead. Guy Cihi, the guy who did voice and motion for James, is now a filthy rich businessman in Japan and has never played the game.
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HazBazz

Crash Bandicoot = Darth Maul. Who'd of thunk it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayge_
gunswordfist said:
"Shadow said:
Yes yes Bosch is Ichigo but I prefer the anime series Bleach ripped off, Yu yu Hakusho. I also prefer Johnny Yong Bosch as Vash The Stampede and DMC4's Nero (the entire DMC series is based on Trigun)"
Dude, Bosch is the worst thing to come to English dubbing since Nurse Joy's voice actress from Pokemon.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By brukaoru
OmegaPirate said:
"and Liquid snake being voiced by the dude who did disneys simba? that shit is far out man!"
It says "Animated StoryBook: The Lion King" This doesn't sound like he did the voice for Simba in the movies, but I could be wrong.I've never read (or listened) to the animated storybook.

Lieutenant said:
"

Mind blown

"
Fred Tatasciore also voiced some of the Locust and Tai, which also surprised me when I found out.

I didn't know John DiMiaggio had voiced Wakka! That's pretty crazy. Also, holy crap, the guy who voiced Viewtiful Joe also voiced General Raam! O_O
Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aurelito

Something's wrong with the last phase of article. it says that Marcus Fenix voice actor was also the one who dubbed Wakka in Final Fantasy X, but as i can remember Wakka's voice actor had'nt an ordinary accent, Japanese maybe.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Systech

I thought it was weird that the guy who did Duke Nukem, also did Big the Cat.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Meowayne
Aurelito said:
"Something's wrong with the last phase of article. it says that Marcus Fenix voice actor was also the one who dubbed Wakka in Final Fantasy X, but as i can remember Wakka's voice actor had'nt an ordinary accent, Japanese maybe."
Yes, voice actors can do accents. Wakka and Marcus Fenix are indeed voiced by the same guy.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gunswordfist
Jayge said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Shadow said:
Yes yes Bosch is Ichigo but I prefer the anime series Bleach ripped off, Yu yu Hakusho. I also prefer Johnny Yong Bosch as Vash The Stampede and DMC4's Nero (the entire DMC series is based on Trigun)"
Dude, Bosch is the worst thing to come to English dubbing since Nurse Joy's voice actress from Pokemon."
Dude, I don't care about your opinion. Go back to watching Pokemon while I enjoy Bosch's great voice acting, Dude.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayge_
gunswordfist said:
"Dude, I don't care about your opinion. Go back to watching Pokemon while I enjoy Bosch's great voice acting, Dude."
See, this is why we can never get a good English dub. People like this :-(
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Karmum
Only one I knew from that was John Di Maggio voicing Marcus Fenix and Bender, the rest are all surprises.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead

Not really videogame related but my mind was blown when it turned out J.K. Simmons was the voice of the Yellow M&M.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gunswordfist
Jayge said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Dude, I don't care about your opinion. Go back to watching Pokemon while I enjoy Bosch's great voice acting, Dude."
See, this is why we can never get a good English dub. People like this :-("

Like yourself?! Man it's not good to bring self-loathing onto the message boards. Keep it to yourself while you watch your 3 day Naruto marathons.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By RHCPfan24

I saw this earlier and was really surprised of this one:

No Caption Provided
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayge_
gunswordfist said:
"Jayge said:
"gunswordfist said:
See, this is why we can never get a good English dub. People like this :-("

Like yourself?! Man it's not good to bring self-loathing onto the message boards. Keep it to yourself while you watch your 3 day Naruto marathons."
What does Naruto have to do with Bosch being the most generic, mediocre, overused anime voice actor in the business? o.O I see no correlation.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGreatGuero
HandsomeDead said:
"Not really videogame related but my mind was blown when it turned out J.K. Simmons was the voice of the Yellow M&M."
Dude. Mind... blown.
I would have never guessed. That is totally crazy.
HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HiroSeven
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Optiow
atejas said:
"
Oh jeez you just had to show me that...
Now when I think of the boss this will come to mind...
elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By elbow

Too much hate on Bosch, he's a pretty good VA, and probably one of the better ones out there.

As far as English dubs go, it's a toss up. There are some good Dubs out there, like the FullMetal Alchemist one, Gundam SEED and GS Destiny also had pretty good Dub. A lot of people tend to forget that some anime, or even a lot of them, are infuse with Japanese culture in general - yes people do forget this because if they didn't then they wouldn't be raging everytime an English VA doesn't quite get the pronounciation right of a Japanese name. In general, yes there are some bad dubs, but they are constantly getting better if you ask me, they don't deserve the rage that they earn from all of those Western otaku rejects that believe Japan is the greatest thing to come to world and swear by it.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shadow
elbow said:
"Too much hate on Bosch, he's a pretty good VA, and probably one of the better ones out there.

As far as English dubs go, it's a toss up. There are some good Dubs out there, like the FullMetal Alchemist one, Gundam SEED and GS Destiny also had pretty good Dub. A lot of people tend to forget that some anime, or even a lot of them, are infuse with Japanese culture in general - yes people do forget this because if they didn't then they wouldn't be raging everytime an English VA doesn't quite get the pronounciation right of a Japanese name. In general, yes there are some bad dubs, but they are constantly getting better if you ask me, they don't deserve the rage that they earn from all of those Western otaku rejects that believe Japan is the greatest thing to come to world and swear by it."
Don't get me wrong, the guy's pretty good.   Even moreso when I remember his as a power ranger.  But one Saturday while watching Adult Swim, I quickly came to realize that EVERY DAMN SHOW that night had him voicing the main character.
elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By elbow
Shadow said:
"elbow said:
"Too much hate on Bosch, he's a pretty good VA, and probably one of the better ones out there.

As far as English dubs go, it's a toss up. There are some good Dubs out there, like the FullMetal Alchemist one, Gundam SEED and GS Destiny also had pretty good Dub. A lot of people tend to forget that some anime, or even a lot of them, are infuse with Japanese culture in general - yes people do forget this because if they didn't then they wouldn't be raging everytime an English VA doesn't quite get the pronounciation right of a Japanese name. In general, yes there are some bad dubs, but they are constantly getting better if you ask me, they don't deserve the rage that they earn from all of those Western otaku rejects that believe Japan is the greatest thing to come to world and swear by it."
Don't get me wrong, the guy's pretty good.   Even moreso when I remember his as a power ranger.  But one Saturday while watching Adult Swim, I quickly came to realize that EVERY DAMN SHOW that night had him voicing the main character."
Can't blame him though, he's good and people acknowledge that, no wonder the work is piling up for him. Once you get past that, you tend to enjoy it a lot more. Heck I think he fits Ichigo better than his seiyu counterpart, and I was sorely disappointed when they made Nero into a whiney little bitch - think most main characters in JRPGs.

But then again, there was only room for one badass in DMC4, and we all know who that is.
PremierOctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PremierOctopus
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By elbow
PremierOctopus said:
"
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
"
The amazing thing is how they sound exactly alike :|

Before I saw that I never once thought about it, heck didn't even know, now though it's like "OH MY GOD HOW DID I NOT KNOW?!" Usually many VAs mix it up with certain characters but this one is straight off the bat.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pause422

It shouldn't say Cortana=Peach honestly, since Peach( I don't even remember ever really..) doesn't really talk. However Zoey in L4D is voiced by the same person as Cortana as well, and there is a ton that she says in that game,unlike any game with Princess Peach in it.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Shadow
elbow said:
"Shadow said:
"elbow said:

Don't get me wrong, the guy's pretty good.   Even moreso when I remember his as a power ranger.  But one Saturday while watching Adult Swim, I quickly came to realize that EVERY DAMN SHOW that night had him voicing the main character."
Can't blame him though, he's good and people acknowledge that, no wonder the work is piling up for him. Once you get past that, you tend to enjoy it a lot more. Heck I think he fits Ichigo better than his seiyu counterpart, and I was sorely disappointed when they made Nero into a whiney little bitch - think most main characters in JRPGs.

But then again, there was only room for one badass in DMC4, and we all know who that is."

Having played through DMC4 6 times, I don't get where people are coming from that he's a wuss.  He was badass, just not as much of one as Dante...but then when has anyone ever been as much of a badass as Dante?
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gunswordfist
Shadow said:
"elbow said:
"Shadow said:
"elbow said:

But then again, there was only room for one badass in DMC4, and we all know who that is."

Having played through DMC4 6 times, I don't get where people are coming from that he's a wuss.  He was badass, just not as much of one as Dante...but then when has anyone ever been as much of a badass as Dante?"
You can say that again. Nero is incredible.