User Lists: 4

Kingdom Hearts

Murgatroyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tales From the Borderlands would be cool.

Dungeon of the Endless would be my second vote.

stustap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Stinger

Supeingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

OR

Divinity: Dragon Commander

First one is just awesome and deserves so much more fanfare. The second one because after recently replaying it, I realised how great that game is and how little attention it got.

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paint the Town Red

Albino Lullaby

Zeno Clash

The Journey Down

The Dream Machine

Go weird or go home. With the exception of Zeno Clash, none of these have been given a lot of time on GB.

GuyKazama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toonstruck

Farkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JDP83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KERBAL SPAAAAACE PROGRAM... Seriously. They've added so much since you guys last played on a video stream here.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Toonstruck is a rad game and should be played more often.

Kalor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyria Chronicles would be cool to see.

I like Trails in the Sky but that is a bad game to play for a hour and a half on a stream as it starts really slowly.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOONSTRUCK

No Caption Provided

EDIT: WHOA! so happy to see i'm not alone on this!!! C'MON BEAST-BOYS!

redsoundwaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or more HARVESTER

No Caption Provided
Praetor_Sean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cities: Skylines would be perfect with Vinny being his bridge builder self, and Alex and Austin being exasperated by his antics.

eIectricsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more for "The Last Express"

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Endless Legend

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Toonstruck seems to be the people's candidate with 17 votes so far.

Legend of Heroes and Kerbal are following with 5 votes.

BullLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BullLee

I'd love to see you duders play Duckman: The Legend of the Fall - if you can get your hands on it, the CD-ROM is apparently quite rare and hard to find.

Duckman was among the most daring and raunchy cartoon TV series of the 90s, very much in the style of The Simpsons but entirely adult-themed, and occasionally NSFW.

Edit: I've just now seen the "the game should be fairly easy to purchase" clause in the OP. :'(

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, I have to see them play more Toonstruck!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cynicologist said:

I'd love to see you duders play Duckman: The Legend of the Fall - if you can get your hands on it, the CD-ROM is apparently quite rare and hard to find.

Duckman was among the most daring and raunchy cartoon TV series of the 90s, very much in the style of The Simpsons but entirely adult-themed, and occasionally NSFW.

Edit: I've just now seen the "the game should be fairly easy to purchase" clause in the OP. :'(

I actually found and imported the German release of Duckman way back when. The game was ok. Didn't set my hair on fire, but it was decent.

Another rather-unknown TV tie in adventure game that totally does not fit the "easy to purchase" criteria is Stupid Invaders, which was based on the cartoon show Space Goofs.

dovah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By dovah

Indiana jones and the infernal machine

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just say that Toonstruck was so egregiously bigoted I had to stop watching the stream. As "funny" as it may have been to the teenagers of the era they were intended for perhaps it would be prudent to move on to something less awful if the content is no longer era appropriate? I thought this was supposed to be a place to showcase gems that may not have gotten the exposition they were due.

Toonstruck is anything but a gem. At least bigoted games like Leisure Suit Larry were marginally funny. Even then I'd never really want to showcase those old games.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dwarf fortress

Probably the only one voting for it though... I'd really like to see Vinny trying his hand on it anyway, maybe only the adventure mode that's easier and faster also not necessarily for the entirety of the stream.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Toonstruck!

adolf_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recettear. Because never before has the brutal and cutthroat world of capitalism been shown in such a cute manner. CAPITALISM HO!!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can I just say that Toonstruck was so egregiously bigoted I had to stop watching the stream. As "funny" as it may have been to the teenagers of the era they were intended for perhaps it would be prudent to move on to something less awful if the content is no longer era appropriate? I thought this was supposed to be a place to showcase gems that may not have gotten the exposition they were due.

Toonstruck is anything but a gem. At least bigoted games like Leisure Suit Larry were marginally funny. Even then I'd never really want to showcase those old games.

On the plus side, the feature is no longer locked into an endless loop of the community wanting to see a game played to completion, because now they've set the hard rule of not repeating games. And GB East didn't seem so hot on Toonstruck that it is Playdate material. They're more than likely going to get back to Life Is Strange or Phantasmagoria 2 for the next Playdate.

Shingro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Shingro

Ar Tonelico

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandrecanada said:

They're more than likely going to get back to Life Is Strange or Phantasmagoria 2 for the next Playdate.

They can't continue Phantasmagoria 2 without @jeffbakalar!

darbish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandrecanada: If the stream content is any indication I'd argue that an r-bomb and an excessively prolonged gay joke on tier with Will & Grace are hardly what makes Toonstruck a below-average quality game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did vote for toonstruck but I found myself thinking for the first time that it's a good idea not to play some games to completion on this stream. I don't mean because of its "colorful" writing but because of how much of that dialog there is between actions. It really killed the pace of it all. Just a lot of waiting to be able to do anything between all the words happening there.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyria Chronicles

There's other things I'd rather see, but Valkyria Chronicles is super good and other people have already voted for it. I'll throw my vote into that hat, if it gives it a better chance.

Sad to see people asking for more Toonstruck when GBeast has said that's not how they want this feature to work. Also, I don't think Trails in the Sky would work very well. I just started playing that game and I'm about 7 hours in. I'm really enjoying it so far, but the story has yet to take off, and if GBeast did a stream, most of it would just be text. I don't know if that would be a very good video.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 4

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Please do more phantasmogoria 2.... Please PLEASE do more of that incredible game!

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they doing one this week? There's no new thread and it's not in the coming up bar. They might be skipping it to make way for the Amiibo Festival Festival.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If you can get The Room or its sequels to work on stream, that would be a fun one to watch

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

voting for Gabriel Knight 2 (FMV game)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genericbrotagonist said:

Are they doing one this week? There's no new thread and it's not in the coming up bar. They might be skipping it to make way for the Amiibo Festival Festival.

I'm fine with them skipping Choose Our Own Adventure this week, as long as they still do a GB East Playdate on Friday. By which I mean, I'm still holding onto that dream that they finish Life Is Strange in the next 2-3 weeks so that someone from GB East is likely to give Life Is Strange any attention at Game of the Year discussion time.

They'll probably play more Castlevania just to spite me.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess they'd start in about 40 minutes if they'd do a stream tonight? Or in eight? Ah well, either way, I can't think of a candidate right now. MDK 2?

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

... is the game I've only just heard about and would be interested to see.

Nmckee503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Void? I just kinda wanna see some Ice Pick Lodge insanity.

I'm assuming no show today though :(

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm fine with them skipping Choose Our Own Adventure this week, as long as they still do a GB East Playdate on Friday. By which I mean, I'm still holding onto that dream that they finish Life Is Strange in the next 2-3 weeks so that someone from GB East is likely to give Life Is Strange any attention at Game of the Year discussion time.

Same. I don't think they will finish it BUT FUCK would it be nice. I don't even expect it to get on any lists I just want them to acknowledge it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

@bisonhero said:

Same. I don't think they will finish it BUT FUCK would it be nice. I don't even expect it to get on any lists I just want them to acknowledge it.

Alright Friday Life Is Strange is happening WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIE Fighter. Always TIE Fighter

I'm pretty sure Vinny looked at the new Tex Murphy game, but I can't recall them ever playing Under a Killing Moon.

mathey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The FMV Gabriel Knight game with the werewolves would be fun. It gets pretty deep into real world history, which might slow things down a bit, but the Full Motion of it all should help.

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 4!