Content Ideas for Giant Bomb

• 123 results
turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Giant Bomb content needs considerably more Silly Wigs, imo.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@finaldasa: This is what I want. These and the Jar Time videos are some of my favorite.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Sin4profit

I liked the idea of the Flight Club doing a series with a dynamic campaign in a flight sim until they are virtually killed or captured.

I want a pinball scrub league tournament.

Giant Bomb plays Arma 3 mods...Giant Bomb has always been about improvisation and "life sim mods" in Arma 3 is breeding ground for that kind of comedy. Remember this?

Loading Video...

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@relkin: No problem! I'm completely in agreement, especially after watching Jeff's NYU talk. It's not like these dudes aren't academic, you know? Might be the perfect way for Patrick to approach new content in his "Patrick Talks Over A Well-Edited Video" feature.

@monkeyking1969: The potential of green screen...

@shortbreadtom: Vinny said he had a bunch of ideas, so I don't see the "QL Factory" happening anytime soon. A calendar of events would be great, and maybe something where people can save individual events to a personalized queue. It would also give them a set of data to figure out what works and what doesn't, and when.

@rockyraccoon37: One of the great things about this site is that you don't have to watch everything live in order to keep up-to-date, or even enjoy it. The weekly feature would be good, but don't discount the daily content just because of its frequency. And yes to the community multiplayer show and surprises.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Idle Thumbs talked about this on their last podcast; video game post mortems with the developer; let the developer(s) come in 1-2 months after the game is out and go over all the critical points in the game, an indepth discussion on what worked, what didn't work, stuff that was cut, anything they want to talk about, sort of like a commentary track for a game.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Love Mondays

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By emofratparty

@kidavenger: Game Developer Magazine used to do something like that and it was one of their most popular features. That'd be really cool...anything academic/intellectual would be cool, just so we have more of that perspective from the crew.

@lydian_sel: All on board to see the method behind the madness. And, um, Salty Bet -- fuck to the yes, please.

I'm going to compile some of the ideas that myself and others found more interesting and post them within the next week or so and send them to the crew. Let's say by like...Tuesday?

ftrevelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By ftrevelin

Yesterday I was watching this youtube video of a guy playing some japanese ps1 game, while he translated it for everyone to follow. Thought about a "lost in translation" GB content, where they try to get through these weird games no one bothered to localize, while making up the story themselves, could be a fun show to watch.

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ftrevelin: GOD YES. I think that fits in with the "MST3K" thing, but hell yeah.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#111  Edited By mrbubbles

I would love for them to do multiplayer matches with community members (like TNT) I'm not saying it has to be weekly though. More frequent encyclopedia bombasticas would also be great. Also more scrub leagues. And of course more streams where they play a bunch of old console games.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@afabs515 said:

In my opinion, they need something the community can rally behind.

Anything I can think to say could just be summed up with this, honestly. This has been my feeling for nearly a year.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

- Random PC games were and still are some of my favorite premium content. That feature kiiiiiiiiiiiiind of got rolled into Unprofessional Fridays, but it doesn't really have a ton of time to breathe there.

-The Dark and Demon's Souls runs were really fun to watch.

-The 2012 game of the year sitcom sendups were absolutely incredible. But I can't imagine the amount of time and effort that went into producing them.

-I'm a big fan of Giant Bomb Chicago. Patrick and Max are the perfect straightmen to Dave Lang's absolute insanity.

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To get it out of the way, Endurance Run. Yeah. Please. Thanks

As for original ideas, I would like to see, once a week, one of the duders find an old manual from the NES or SNES days and read the lore like a bedtime story.

freecajunlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Might be too late to add to this, but my favorite thing about Vinny is just watching him trying to break games. Maybe name it like CrashingCaravella, and just have Vinny play open world games and Steam early access games.

Or just just do Vinny's Vices, where you just watch him collect everything in a game while eating a bucket of KFC.

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noted!

Cootsnoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a lot of great ideas. But what I really want, more than anything, is just MORE unique content from them. Literally anything, I would watch/read/roll around in it, because why not. I hate expecting so little, like if I only check in once a day I wouldn't miss much more than whatever trailer they felt like posting, which I can watch in any other site. I don't come here for news, announcements, or brief recaps of current industry happenings. I already get that everywhere else.

Unless, of course, there's solid input from whoever put up the post. Something more substantial than a clever little quip. I would be more compelled to watch trailers or click on a news story if there was an opinion piece or some sort of reaction video with some conversation, or something that displays more personality. Maybe it would take away some content from Bombin the AM and the news segment on the Bombcast, but if that means digging up more stories(which there are plenty of), as long as it has their twist on it, I'm all for it.

I don't mean to talk shit when I say that, from what I know of the crew, I don't imagine any of them being content with rehashing only facts. Patrick sure as hell isn't shy about saying what he means and his articles are always worth reading(if only they had more puns). I very much the appreciate a thumbs up from Vinnie or head-shaking disapproval from Jeff. Maybe it's because, personally, I find most everyone else in this line of work pretty intolerable and can't possibly care less about what they have to say.

This is a dumb, long, post.

tl;dr More encyclopedia bombasticas, those are the shit.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Relkin
Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see a few more scripted videos actually, kinda along the lines of what Danny is doing with The Point. Patricks Kinect video was great. I'd like to see what Jeff can do with that type of format.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebunnyhunter said:

@splodge said:

Personally, I want Vinny to play phantasmagoria 2.

I have no idea why this hasen't happened yet, the first one is the best secret ER. And all those other FMV games are not going to play and commentate themselves.

I tweeted at Dave around the time they did the first Blade Runner RPCG about this and he said they were planning on doing it....that went out the window when Dave left last year...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much anything that's not Unprofessional Friday's.

So yeah, TNT, Random PC Game, Endurance Run (For the hell of it) Button Mashing as a joke answer is funny, but yeah, Button Mashing.

Something different every Friday, like it used to be. Two people play Pokemon Snap for two hours just for the sake of it, that's what I miss.

Essentially what I've been saying for 6 months now, more focus on single games, or franchises, ~30 minutes spent on one game where no one pays attention to it isn't entertaining. That is what made the Papa Vinny Stream so great, they all were engaged in the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I would love some scripted retrospective presentations. Maybe interviewing some developers with old war stories to tell. Barring that, I would love to see more shotgun style livestreams where they talk about old games for about 15-30 minutes at a time.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebunnyhunter said:

@splodge said:

Personally, I want Vinny to play phantasmagoria 2.

I have no idea why this hasen't happened yet, the first one is the best secret ER. And all those other FMV games are not going to play and commentate themselves.

I tweeted at Dave around the time they did the first Blade Runner RPCG about this and he said they were planning on doing it....that went out the window when Dave left last year...

I would literally kill someone for this. Literally.

It would be really weird if Vinny texted me and said "Hey duder I need you to take out X and then I will play phantasmagoria 2" but there is no way I could refuse.

Keep that in mind Vinny. You got a wild card you can play forevermore.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, here´s an idea. One staff member plays one match of an online game they´re comfortable with.

Meanwhile, two other staff members (who have no idea what is going on in the game, ideally) provide running commentary. Some sort of spin on the QL formula. I would watch that show!

Edit: The ones providing the commentary can´t be in the same room as the guy/gal playing.

So like an Episode with Jeff and Drew commentating while Brad plays DOTA, Jeff tries to constantly derail any conversation about the game while Drew tries desperately to commentate.

I can hear Jeff's head shaking back and forth now.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By meaninoflife42
No Caption Provided

That's what I want.

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

I would really like to see more user lists being collected and used.