Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Well my brother checked Gamefly for Dead space, and apparently it's availability is very low. So he went ahead and just bought it. I am glad he did because I am having a hard time staying away from it. The gameplay makes sense and the pacing of action is perfect. I have played it for about 4 hours and I have not gotten bored or overly frustrated, (I have died 3 times thus far). All that aside, I was expecting a very fun horror game with nice graphics. Essentially a Halloween game. That, technicly is what it is, but it has so many more layers as you progress. You guys may have already played it, I don't know. But all I have to say it I am completely pleased by the end result.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

I'm really enjoying Dead Space, I think its a great game..anyone looking for a pure 'scare' and to feel weak and think any horror game that isn't built like resident evil 1 used to be.... obviously won't enjoy it, but the atmosphere you're in with the amazing sound design of the game is truly amazing. Anyone who actually wants a fun game that isn't just another sequel should definitely check it out, I think its definitely the sucessor to RE4 by far, and besides the co-op, will honestly be better than RE5..besides the bit of backtracking, but you always know where you're going so its not like its a big deal.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

This sounds like it's definitely a buy for me further down the road, it's been added to my list of games to get for sure.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

Try to post in game-specific forums when appropriate.  We still lack the tools to move posts anywhere but between the top-level forums such as General and Off-Topic.  Thanks!

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DrVanNostren

Dead Space looks good, I think I'm going to have to rent it though. With all of the games coming out, I can definitely wait a while to play this one.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Same here...it looks like a good rental later on when I'm really desperate for something to play.  I certainly can't justify $60 on a single-player only game with limited replay value at this point.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Yeah I would say it is definitely a rental and can be played through in a day or two, I'm going between that and Saints Row 2 though atm..and next week Fable 2 and Farcry 2 come out...god damnit too many games >.<

I don't regrey buying it though, there is a good amount of replay value in upgrading your HP/Stasis and weapons fully , since they all carry over to the next playthrough..so I'll most likely do that definitely, the weapons are really cool in this game..I think its just the fact that, even some being similar, instead of being your typical "pistol/assault rifle/shotgun" its all mining equipment or something made for something else..and just really cool design with them, plus they all have primary and secondary fire modes, some really awesome. The game is definitely worth checking out.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver
MB said:
"Try to post in game-specific forums when appropriate.  We still lack the tools to move posts anywhere but between the top-level forums such as General and Off-Topic.  Thanks!"
Sorry about that. I just remembered once I clicked Ok
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
MB said:
"Same here...it looks like a good rental later on when I'm really desperate for something to play.  I certainly can't justify $60 on a single-player only game with limited replay value at this point."
It's definitely worth more than a rental, I'll tell you that.  There is actually a fair amount of replay value if you are the completionist type that wants to unlock everything, and the achievements are fun as hell to get.  It's seriously one of the best built games I've seen all year long, and even since the 360 launched.  The graphics are great, lighting adds a nice touch to the atmosphere, the sound is PHENOMENALLY designed and performed, the story is excellent and top-notch, the gameplay is paced perfectly except in one or two areas at best, there are NO BUGS AND NO GLITCHES except one that I've seen on accident...
Seriously, the fact that this game isn't going to sell because bigger franchise titles like Far Cry 2 or Fable II or Fallout 3 are coming out is B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!  People complained FOR-EH-VER that EA never puts out original IPs...so they finally did...and everyone is like "well, I'll rent it".

MB, I'm telling you right now...it's well worth the $60.  WELL worth it.
banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By banksrob

cant wait untill its realeased in the UK i have already pre-ordered it :P ( wow ime atill in top posters after two months of not posting :O)