Devil may cry 5 rumor

abhaybilthare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By abhaybilthare

Hideaki Itsuno will be making a new game project. It could be a sequel to one of his video game titles namely "Dragon's Dogma" and "Devil May Cry".

But

But but But...

There is going to be a Devil may cry game but not devil may cry it would be DmC sequel. As :-

"Devil May Cry 5's" development is that "DMC" voice actor Johnny Young Bosh teased a photo of him last year along with fellow voice actor Ruben Langdon wearing headsets and motion capture suites.

But I needed original series.

What you all gamers think?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mems1224

I loved DMC so I would rather have a sequel to that. I thought the new Dante was great and much better than original Dante. I also just loved DMC's whole style. I know I'm in the minority though.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TuxedoCruise

Link to the official announcement or confirmation of Devil May Cry 5?

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's bullshit based on vagueness? Got it.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoOzak

But what about Deep Down...?!

Seriously though I wouldnt be surprised if Capcom were making, or at least in pre-production with Dragons Dogma 2. That thing had an MMO in Japan and various rereleases (some upcoming) so it shows they know people care about it. DmC 2 though? Not likely, Ninja Theory are making Hellblade and I seriously doubt another developer would pick up where they left off, especially Capcom themselves.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that this is confirmation of nothing, there's nothing here to suggest anything other than at some point last year an actor did motion capture, it could be for a tv show or a commercial.

Personally i thought DmC was fine, Ninja Theory did a good job presenting their vision, the combat hit the right notes for the most part, the level design was good, i like some of the story aspects but there are small parts of the game that i despise, also Dante and Vergil f****** suck.

DMC4 is my favourite in the series, but aside from RE7 (which is great) and RE Revelations 2 (which is pretty good), Capcom arn't doing all that much these days, i don't know if they still have the talent to develop an original Devil May Cry sequel themselves and have it live up to fan expectations, but it would be better than continuing the "reboot"... we're almost 2 console generations from when we last saw Dante.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this one has Huckleberries in it.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#11 riostarwind  Moderator

@abhaybilthare Your thread title saying that DMC 5 was confirmed doesn't quite match what your post says. This isn't much more than just a rumor at the moment so I edited your title to match your post.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Don't do me like that with the title dude. T.T

I really would like to see a fully fleshed out DMC game, I've been playing DMC4:SE on and off for the past two years and it's still a lot of fun to mess around with the combo system. If we could get an entire new game with new mechanics I'm aaaaall for that.

I liked DmC as a fun action game well enough, but yeah I only wanted to play it through once and it had no lasting power in the combat. So I wouldn't scoff at a new one of those, but I'd vastly prefer regular DMC to return.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Don't really care about DMC anymore. Dragon's Dogma 2 would be so much more exciting and warranted. I can hardly think of a game that cries out more for a sequel than Dragon's Dogma.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By jacksukeru

I'd be ok with either, though I don't see another DmC happening considering who'd have to get involved and whatnot. I would also hope that if a DMC5 ended up happening that it would have a better campaign than DMC4 did, and maybe some story beats I could actually get behind.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I would be okay with a Devil May Cry 5. The new stuff in DMC 4 SE was proof that someone at Capcom can still make fun to play characters in character action games. Now all they have to do is put that stuff in a better game than Devil May Cry 4.