Good luck on Inferno without KB&M

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SlasherMan

This is nothing new, though. They were pretty open about there being a console version for a while now.

krushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By krushr

I don't understand the negative reaction to this. It's not like Diablo has never been on console before.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hector

Woah where did that come from...I thought I was going to be disappointed when I clicked on the link! This is awesome news.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By N7

FUCK. LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO KILL MYSELF NOW.

THANKS INTERNET.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Branthog

Seems fine to me. I won't play it there, but I won't spent my life playing it like most people, either. I'll download it. I'll install it. I'll play it. Six hours later, I'll have finished it and will uninstall it. Unlike 90% of other people, it seems, I won't be jizzing all over my own lap while playing it, either. It was an enjoyable game a decade ago, but people go a little nuts over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So damn I now have to get two copies of this game! Also good news!

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Klei
@Nocall said:

https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/156215812473098240

Another sign of the apocalypse?

Honestly, though, with how things have been going...did anyone notexpect this?

To me, apocalypse isn't about games going to consoles, but how grown men use twitter.
Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nocall

@Klei: Nice insight; I chuckled.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gargantuan

Now I have to go to the official Diablo 3 forums and have a laugh.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Krushr said:

I don't understand the negative reaction to this. It's not like Diablo has never been on console before.

And it's not like Diablo has ever been such a complex game there can be any fears of it being "dumbed down".

Plus it's being developed for consoles after the PC version is done, that worked out alright for Torchlight. The console version was slightly modified to play slightly better with a pad, while not impacting the PC development at all.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Cincaid

@JustKamToo said:

So damn I now have to get two copies of this game! Also good news!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stete

Good news for console users, although mouse and keyboard will probably be the ideal way to play this.

However one has to wonder, will the real money auction house be available on consoles as well? If it's not then Diablo III on consoles would sound very appealing to me.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stete said:

Good news for console users, although mouse and keyboard will probably be the ideal way to play this.

However one has to wonder, will the real money auction house be available on consoles as well? If it's not then Diablo III on consoles would sound very appealing to me.

I was also wondering this. Funnily enough that would make me want the console version more *EDIT as well. 
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaggE

Bla bla Blizzard is dead bla bla dumbed down bla dee bla console kiddies blibbity bla Diablo of Duty blippity blappity bla cancelling pre-order.

I really, REALLY want to see DOTA 2 on consoles, just to watch the rage.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Vexxan

I doubt the real money auction house will work on consoles, Microsoft and Sony will want to have a share of all that money and Blizzard ain't gonna give them some.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By niamahai

fuck the AH. just imagine Diablo cheevos!

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jetsetwillie

huh looks like even blizzard are dumbing their games down now for cons..(shotgun to the head BANG!!!!!)......

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#20  Edited By Mnemoidian

Note that he isn't announcing a Console version being released. All he's saying, as they've said before, is that they are looking into it- and that the project has a project lead. In other words: there's at least one person working on the project.

But yeah, I'd almost be surprised if they don't actually release the game on consoles at some point.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Humanity

Stuff like that is making it easier for me to continually distance myself from ever PC gaming again.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Stete said:

I would guess not, I can't imagine Microsoft being behind something like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

PC Master Race called an emergency meeting for how to sharpen their anger against the Console Untermensch.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Flaboere

I wonder if this is the delay, that they're gonna send it out on consoles and PC at the same time.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moncole

Only console it should be on is the Wii U because the controller

I will get in on PC

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Commisar123

Sounds good. If it happens it just means more people can experience what will hopefully be a great game.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Buscemi

Why not? It's not like it's a Total War game on console.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zeforgotten

Awesome. 

Already the "mouse/keyboard" fanboys have started bitching and moaning. It's delicious, their ignorance makes me smile. 

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Marcsman

Can't wait to give this a try.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By ez123

@ZeForgotten said:

Awesome. Already the "mouse/keyboard" fanboys have started bitching and moaning. It's delicious, their ignorance makes me smile.

I much prefer gamepad most of the time but Diablo II is my favorite game and I want the best sequel possible. If you can't acknowledge that a controller is much more limited than kb+m, you're the one being ignorant.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten
@ez123 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Awesome. Already the "mouse/keyboard" fanboys have started bitching and moaning. It's delicious, their ignorance makes me smile.

I much prefer gamepad most of the time but Diablo II is my favorite game and I want the best sequel possible. If you can't acknowledge that a controller is much more limited than kb+m, you're the one being ignorant.

Because that's exactly what I said, good catch!  

Good grief -.-
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ez123

@ZeForgotten: What exactly did you say? Because I see a post of people wanting the best game possible being called "mouse/keyboard fanboys" and I don't think I missed anything.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By Sayishere

Eh thats pretty cool. I havent played diablo before, diablo 3 will be my first. I play WoW, bought the annual pass, so i get a copy of Diablo 3 for free. I suppose if i didnt go for this i might of prefered a console version, but meh.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten
@ez123: No, you didn't see a post about "people wanting the best game possible". 
You saw a post about people whining because of something they haven't even played or will probably not play yet(the console version). Kinda like judging a book by it's cover and all that. 

Diablo worked fine on the PS1 back when that game was worth looking at so why should Diablo 3 suddenly suck for those people who want to play it on their consoles?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold on guys, popcorn is in microwave.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Seedofpower

I wonder if it will have the auction house like on the PC version.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MeierTheRed

If i ever pick up Diablo 3, it won't be for my consoles, i know that much.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hunkulese

@Nocall said:

Another sign of the apocalypse?

Honestly, though, with how things have been going...did anyone notexpect this?

You know that Diablo has been on consoles before right?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By MetalBaofu

Cool to me, because there is a decent chance that my PC won't run the game worth a crap anyways, so consoles are my only hope. Would keyboard and mouse be "technically" better? Sure, probably. But, the game will work just fine with a controller.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By phrosnite

Not to sound like a "look at me I'm so great" but I confirmed the console versions in 2008 after seeing the first demo.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bwast

The tweet (fuck that word) says Diablo project, not necessarily D3.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By crusader8463

No affinity for the Diablo series so I don't really feel one way or the other on this. I just hope they don't do anything to change the design and feel of the PC release just so they can fit it on a controller for the console folk. It urks me a great deal when one platform has to suffer because of the limitations of others. In this case limiting how spells work to fit on a controller.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pw2566ch

If they do release it on consoles, I'm actually curious if it will have the same online DRM.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By MetalBaofu

@crusader8463 said:

No affinity for the Diablo series so I don't really feel one way or the other on this. I just hope they don't do anything to change the design and feel of the PC release just so they can fit it on a controller for the console folk. It urks me a great deal when one platform has to suffer because of the limitations of others. In this case limiting how spells work to fit on a controller.

I expect the PC version to release first, then consoles later. I also expect the different versions to be balanced in different ways to support their various input devices. I don't think they will make it exactly identical on PC and consoles. But, hey, I could be completely wrong in that assumption.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ez123

@ZeForgotten Why would "mouse/keyboard fanboys" whine about the version they are not going to play?

I care about how it's going going to affect the PC version.

Diablo worked fine on the PS1 back when that game was worth looking at so why should Diablo 3 suddenly suck for those people who want to play it on their consoles?

PS1 version came out a little later think. That will be the case for this game as well BUT it's a sequel to an 11 year old PC game and before the PC version is even out, they're talking about the console ports.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By crusader8463

@MetalBaofu said:

@crusader8463 said:

I expect the PC version to release first, then consoles later. I also expect the different versions to be balanced in different ways to support their various input devices. I don't think they will make it exactly identical on PC and consoles. But, hey, I could be completely wrong in that assumption.

Sure, but if they knew going in that at some point they would need to make the game work on controller that they would limit some aspects of the game to make sure it would. Certain aspects like limiting how many spells you can have active at any one time was obviously limited so that there was an open button on a controller that could be pressed instead of a keyboard's many number keys for example.

Anyway, I don't know enough about this game to say anything, but chances are you are right. We will see when it releases what comes of it, and it's pointless to speculate on something we haven't even seen yet. Will be interested to see how the console crowd picks this one up, and how the sales match up. I have never been a fan of Blizzard games, but they are one of the few games that still sell many millions of copies.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zeforgotten
@ez123 said:

@ZeForgotten Why would "mouse/keyboard fanboys" whine about the version they are not going to play?

I care about how it's going going to affect the PC version.

PS1 version came out a little later think. That will be the case for this game as well BUT it's a sequel to an 11 year old PC game and before the PC version is even out, they're talking about the console ports.

I have some faith that Blizzard is thinking a head. They're not some newly started tiny little indie company somewhere. I doubt it's gonna mess with the PC version at all. 
If it actually turns out to be Diablo 3 for a console it sounds like, by reading the tweet, that there could be two different teams working on two different versions. I think it's great that more people get to experience it, but that's just me I guess.  

Maybe I should change my way of thinking and just go "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!! ALWAYS ME ME ME NOT YOU ME ME!" :P
Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By James_ex_machina

Looking forward to all the "dumbed down" and "console games suck" and "pc's are dead" threads.

I would be all for Starcraft on my 360 if I could use a mouse and keyboard.

Maybe I'll give this Diablo a shot.

Now I'm in the mood for a Diablo hoagie from Primo Hoagies.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By scarace360

whatever man ill be playing on the pc where it'll run better and look better. Wonder what the support for the consoles will be like.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ez123

@Bwast said:

The tweet (fuck that word) says Diablo project, not necessarily D3.

It's Diablo III, there have been job openings straight up saying "Diablo III Console" and the lead designer has talked about liking the controller more. Controller support = console version, they wouldn't have direct control just for the PC.

@scarace360 said:

whatever man ill be playing on the pc where it'll run better and look better. Wonder what the support for the consoles will be like.

The PS3 version could have kb+m AND battle.net. If so, it will be pretty much the same game aside from performance. It'll be like Portal 2 x1000.