Did you enjoy the 2016 PAX West Panel?

• 74 results
TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

Poll Did you enjoy the 2016 PAX West Panel? (527 votes)

Yes it was great! 23%
The Cards Against Humanity part was good, but the Giant Bomb part sucked. 6%
The Giant Bomb part was good, but the Cards Against Humanity part sucked. 34%
No, I didn't like it at all! 37%

The PAX Panel is over - CAH did their part, Giant Bomb did theirs - what do you think? Highlights? low lights?

• 
ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

These two panels are panels that are better left separate.

And 404ing it already had its own panel, it really didn't need another

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I missed it.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I know nothing about CAH and I do not care to learn. So yeah, was a bust for me.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's cool they got the bigger hall and there were some genuinely funny moments between the 2 and half panels. I definitely feel like there wasn't a lot of flow to what was going on both in terms of pacing and style of comedy. With that said I think they could do this again in future years and ratchet things up effectively especially once their staffing situation is straightened out again.

munkippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was there and I really enjoyed the entire panel. I did feel that there was less Giant Bomb than I wanted and they really didn't seem get to talk about anything to in-depth and the lack of Q&A was disappointing. Though they did have a late start so it did feel a little rushed.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't a fan. It was one of their weaker panels. At least they didn't take audience questions though

TheShrubber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheShrubber

I feel like splitting the time in two was a poor idea. If they had something planned or tried to combine the panels/crew in any way, it would be way better.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By big_jon

I was there and I honestly loved it, it was fun to not know what to expect, and honestly I was sort of starting to get bored of seeing the live bombcasts.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I've never been super into the panels, but I thought it was fine.

I think all their time and effort (and a lot of the community's, too) went into PAX Wrestling, and it really showed. That thing was fucking spectacular and was the actually important GB-related PAX panel.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By frytup

Bad. I'm not a CAH fan at all but sat through their bit hoping GB would save things. Unfortunately GB's section was awkward, dull, and a bit of a technical mess. I turned it off before it was over.

It seems like GB staff has the production energy for one good trade show a year, and I'm probably OK with that since I love what they do at E3. Maybe the answer is to scale the PAX panels back down and just turn them into long Q&As.

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might be wrong but I'm assuming the twitch stream was a pax production with the GB crew doing their own filming that will be posted up on the site at a later date.

hott8bitaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think overall it was pretty okay, but I don't know if the bigger theater was the best thing for the GB Panel. They kept playing off of how nobody knows what GB is which made the enthusiasm for their part of the panel to seem muted. So when cool things did happen (i.e. the revival of Endurance Run, Dan going to GBeast) the excitement seemed muted to me. Though I was only watching it off the stream so I do not know how the live reaction was. Also the mixture of panels just made it seem to be spread a little thinner than it typically is.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

it was fine, probably some parts were a little awkwardly presented but honestly i'm not asking much more than just see some people talking. CAH had their own sense of humor, GB had their's, hit, miss, whatever, we move on

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I dunno, it seems like every PAX they just sort of ramble on aimlessly and generally about something like VR or the state of the industry. It's kind of the same exact conversation points and its all so generalized that it feels like filler. (I skipped over most of the other parts that lead up to the GB crew.)

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the CAH part for what it was but, for the first time ever, the GB panel just seemed a little dull to me (despite the great VR opening). I wouldn't say it sucked but it seemed like a short, tacked on afterthought all hinging on the announcement of the Shenmue endurance run.

It's ok though, I know they can't all be bangers but it could have been better.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GB was good, when they go from having Pax wresting stingers at the end, and Dan Ryckert in a money machine catching money, to having for the last couple of panels be a chill dudes talking panel, its a bit jarring, but i think this one was back on a upward trend. i wondered if they thought the Shenmue ER announcement was gonna hit harder than they thought, as being in the audience, that initial reveal went kinda warm but again, its expectations, they spent years telling people to not expect an endurance run. to then announcing one on Shenmue of all games. (That series is off to a fantastic start though)

The Cards panel was fine, nothing spectacular, and i enjoyed the mini 404 segment. Pat Baer's stuff is always a feel good time.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I feel like a lot of the PAX panels suffer from the time limit.

Giantbomb is like hanging out with people at the bar and slowly but surely getting to the wilder, entertaining stuff. When they have 30 minutes to work with, there's no time to make that happen.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By TheHT

It was good! I imagine seeing the insane amount of people there would've made it significantly more daunting than it's ever been before. Felt veeeery brief though. Woulda been great to see them ease into it if they had the full time slot.

CAH was fine, sorta how they usually are. Neve quite a highlight for me, but a fun time. The mini 404ing It was a delight. Seemed like he got played off before he could run through the standard plug though, which would be a shame if it was the case.

Like others, I was kinda expecting a mixed panel instead of a stringently segmented one. Bit disappointing the route they went with, but I guess they wanted to have everyone up for each group or something, I dunno.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#72  Edited By Slag

Feel like that was the weakest one I've ever watched. Can't all be winners though

I feel like combining all three hurt all three panels. I've seen them all be better.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By butano

After coming to PAX West (Prime) the last 3 years now, this was definitely their weakest. It was nice to be able to get decent seats without having to arrive 1.5-2 hours early, but having the panel be 2 panels split in half was not at all what I was expecting. Figured it'd be an all combined panel where they'd all talk about PAX and maybe come up with a card or two, with Dave Lang coming in and announcing something wrestling related.

The Shenmue ER reveal I think hit pretty well in the audience if they were GB fans. The CAH were kinda meh on the reveal and a lot of the GB-related jokes went way over their heads. I think them being separate going forward is for the best, even if it means smaller rooms to fit in.

EDIT: I thought the 404 guys were funny, but kinda awkward when they showed up since they already had and did their own panel.

EDIT 2: And not having a real Q&A was the best choice they've made for these things.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When will that wizard, Drew Scanlon, be posting the video for the panel?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pretty much skimming through the whole panel. It's cool that they had such a big venue and crowd, but it just came across feeling sterile and really quiet.
I liked how noisy and insane the early PAX panels where.

dstopia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By dstopia

I thought it was pretty bad, they seemed uncomfortable and the band members behind them on stage made for a really awkward experience on stream. I'm sure it looked better in person.