Dipping My Toes In Game Development.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

Edited By pauljeremiah

Over the last few months, I've had a real itch to make a game. I would love to make a story-driven RPG adventure like "To The Moon".

I'm wondering is it worth doing an online course in RPG Marker MV? Or should I just buy the software on Steam and figure it out by myself.

Has anyone here used RPG Maker? What did you think of it?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Honestly, youtube videos would probably do you just fine. Plenty of tutorials on there.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'd recommend you not buy a course. Just read and watch tutorials / make games and try to learn at least 1 new thing each week.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By rorie

I booted up RPG Maker a while ago and found it pretty intimidating, but I might try the new version since it's out now? I think? Still want to make my magnum opus about a time-traveling dog called Dog Days.

bitbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You can try Gamemaker for a month I think, might be an alternative. It’s a relatively simple development tool although I don’t know how it compares to RPG Maker. Tom Francis (of Gunpoint and Heat Signature fame) did some great tutorials to get people going.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

I'm gonna try Pixel Game Maker on Steam as I've been told it's easier to use and does come with a demo too.