• 92 results
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

I think the last time I cared about preserving a "decent" kill to death ratio was back in the Halo 2 days but over the past couple years I find myself caring less and less about it. I think the only time I care about what my K/D is in Gears of War which continues to persist in Gears of War 3 and that's pretty much it.

Do you guys continue to care about what your K/D is in multiplayer games?

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Kyle

Not at all. But I think that's just cause I'm bad at shooters...

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss

Depends on the game....Battlefield 3? No.....Halo games? Yeah.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb

Depends on the game. In shooters "which I don't really play a lot to begin with", I only care about score when playing against friends. Against randoms I just tend to screw around.

I play a freaking lot of games like LoL "and since saturday, DoTA2" where K/D is critical to the success of you and your team. If I don't care about K/D there, I let my team down.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I don't care about my K/D in the sense that it's all I worry about in the game. I'm playing Battlefield 3 right now and while I obviously focus on the objectives at hand, healing and reviving teammates etc. I try to have a good K/D, usually just having at least a couple more kills than deaths, so I'm not dragging the team down.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By GreggD

NOPE. Couldn't care less, actually. It's about playing the game, not necessarily being good enough at it to keep a superficial score.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Kind off, I try to keep a good K/D per game so if the average goes down it means i'm not doing so well.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

I care a little.

If I have a piss poor KDR but I've helped my team cap an objective or helped with defense in ways that the game doesn't give me points for, I'm okay.

If I have a terrible KDR and I've done jack shit, I'm probably going to switch to a more useful class/loadout.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Codeacious

If someone dies 5 times to capture a flag or perform some critical team action, I don't care what their K/D is.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By YoungFrey

Nope. A) I suck at FPSes B) Because of A I play ones where I can contribute to the teams's chances without being great at killing. Like Team Fortress 2.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By CJduke

When I play Call of Duty yes, I care about kdr. When I play Battlefield I focus just on scoring points and helping teammates. I feel like thats the difference between the two for me personally. Battlefield is more of a team game, where healing teammates, blowing up tanks and capturing points and providing ammo is a critical point of the game, more so sometimes than getting kills, whereas call of duty is pretty much just about killing people and getting killstreaks. I don't really play Halo, and I'm not good enough at Counter-strike to care.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Wemibelle

I've ever only cared about K/D in my TDM games where my team lost, a spot where it makes a real difference. In team-based games and playlists? Hell no. I was always a great flag runner in Halo games in the past and it often tanked my K/D. My team still won because of it though, so who cares?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jacdg

I'm pretty good at first person shooters, so I care about doing well, so if I play domination/conquest, no then I focus on capturing points, but if I played TDM or something like it (Kill Confirmed, brilliant game mode) then I care to some extent.

Procyon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Procyon27

In 2 words....fuck no.

It's all about the win for me in BF3 and MW3. I could go 11-30, but as long as we win it doesn't mean a thing to me, but if I went 30-3 and we got our asses handed to us and lost I would be a bit disappointed.

Me and my squad rarely lose, but when we do it's not typically because we had bad KD games and the other team had great KD games.....it's because we got tactically schooled.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Only in Gears of War 3. Even then, not really.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SomeJerk

I think that KDR measurements make people bad cheap gamers, but then again KDR make most people fear for their virtual lives and try to flee so they become easier to take down..

Signed,
That lucky sonofawhore cockbag who made a lot of 20+ kills and 0 death rounds in Black Ops on maps that and modes that weren't kill-farm-friendly

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By JoeyRavn

I don't play online, so no. Even if I played online, I wouldn't, because I suck at online games and I inevitably would get a terrible K/D ratio. And that's why I don't play online games... online.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ObiKwiet

I obsess over it. After every session of BF3 I check Battlelog to make sure my KDR is not going down. And my KDR in BF3 is not even good (1.081).

I really wish I could stop this behavior. Is there some kind of support group I can join?

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Packie

I used to care the most about K/D in Bad Company 2, I was weirdly obsessed with dominating other players in that game. Now with Team Fortress 2, don't really care about K/D when I can beat snipers to death with baseball bats. Really hilarious stuff in that game.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Branthog

Of course, I do. If you have a shitty K/D, it means you are probably fucking the rest of your team over in a ticket-based game like BF3 or COD. If you just die, spam respawn button, sprint back to the action to die again and you end up with a 2-23 score, you have just fucked your team over significantly. You've contributed little and forced everyone else to make up for you. My K/D always sucks, but I try. People just need to learn to ease off and slow down. If you are dying one or two dozen times in a map, you should be stopping what the fuck you're doing, finding a place to hide, and taking your kills only when they're a sure thing. You'll get fewer kills, but they'll be more important.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I care about it to an extent but not in the mentality that some gamers try to heavily prioritize, especially in objective based games.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten

Not in Battlefield 3 no, I'm a fucking medic and if 12 guys have gone down all around me from some big explosion I would much rather revive them than move forward and find one guy to shoot.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

No never, as long as I kill the most people I don't care how many times I died. My K/D is almost always like 0.6 in most games.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Moody_yeti

I only care in the Gears franchise,Any other game i just want to break even.

Avatar image for favoritobandito
FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FavoritoBandito

Only in TDM, where in my opinion is the only place it truly matters. In any other game modes I don't really care.

Minifig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Minifig

Not at all, all I care about is having fun.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Marz

If game type is Team Deathmatch, then yeah K/D matters alot... if your dying a bunch you are not exactly helping your team.    Other game modes it becomes less important for me.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlinkyTM

In games like Gears of War 3 and MW2 I do. Otherwise I don't.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nop, never cared.
I'll notice myself when I'm bad at a game.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MaddProdigy

Yes I care, because I'm really good at shooters. It is extremely satisfying to see my name at the top of a scoreboard, above other people. These are other human beings who have invested their time and energy, and I can negate all that with the flick of a controller stick and the pull of a trigger. I laugh hard at anyone older than I am (18) who is not as fast or doesn't have decision making to rival my own. And I get angry when some 10 year old kid is better than I am at any game.

But I'm grateful for people who suck at games and yet keep gaming just for the fun of it. I can respect that, and it makes my experience more entertaining. I'm sure if every match I was put against a team full of people like me it would be a lot less fun, because I would lose sometimes.

I don't think it's shallow, for the reasons I stated before. There are tons of people who do care, and I relish in being able to make them cry themselves to sleep at night with my mad skills.

But really, it's all for the lulz. Usually I get bored with a game and just end up running around trying to glitch out of the map and kill my own team mates while my KD goes to hell.

Rudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rudy

BF3 : No. MW3 : Yes.

This is why I actually enjoy playing BF3 more.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OldGuy

"Hi team! I'll be the cannon fodder that draws fire away from you. Does that work out for everyone here?"

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Canteu

I care about being top (which i usually am in BF3) but most of the time it's from smart play and not KD (although I'm rarely negative KD). People who do care play too much CoD.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By AlexW00d

Hell no, just as long as I help the other team and have fun, I could not give a fuck.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35  Edited By wefwefasdf

I care a little bit but it isn't usually isn't an issue because I'm playing with friends and games I am pretty good at. I never understood how people go super negative, like 3/25 and still are having a good time. Playing well and winning is what makes competitive multiplayer fun.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By McGhee

I didn't know what you were talking about until I read you're post. That's how little I care.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By jorbear

Yeah I do. That is probably why I don't play shooters online, because I'm terrible at them.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Not since I stopped playing competitive CS.

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zelnox

The only FPS I play right now is Red Orchestra 2, which doesn’t list your death count, but dying reduces your team’s reinforcement tickets.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iam3green

no, not at all. i am just alright at playing FPS.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By mikemcn

Only in games that bring it up.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how seriously I play when I play the game. If it's a game I play just to goof around, not so much, but in a game I plan to play a lot and do my best, I do care.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By phish09

Nope. I play games to have fun...if I'm having fun, I could care a less how many kills or deaths I have in each round.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By Sooperspy

Depends on the game. When I play Battlefield, I try to capture bases and actually do the objectives so I don't care. In COD or Halo where I'm just trying for kills, I do care a bit.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Yeah, usually. It's hard to win with a shitty K/D.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Deleth

I care. Not because I want to be "the best" or "win no matter what" but mostly because if you have a horrible K/D ratio you're most likely more of an hindrance then actually helping your team. Yes I know there are situation where one gets more deaths because of what he or she is doing and is still cotributing to the teams victory. But that's not always the case.

I just don't like being part of the reason why my team is losing a game in general. No matter if I play an Shooter, Strategy game MMORPG. (Hell I usually don't even join battlegrounds on WoW before I equipped my chars with PvP equipment.)

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MrKlorox

Depends on the game. If it's COD where K/D is basically all there is, then I guess I have to if I'm going to stay competitive. If it's something like Battlefield where there are many more ways to help your team win, then not at all.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Chop

Douche bags who pad kills in capture the flag games are the worst kind of scum.