Do you like the rumble feature?

• 53 results
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Do you like the rumble feature? (174 votes)

Yes, it's great! 55%
I can take it or leave it. 35%
No, it annoys me. 10%

I was reading on the forum where someone was touting the rumble in the individual triggers of the Xbox One controller as a reason to buy the system, and I could not have cared less about the feature.

More than that. I actually hate it. Ever since I first encountered it, (I think it was the PS2?) I couldn't stand having my controller shake in my hands. People seem to think that it is more immersive, but it has always just distracted me. I don't want to think about my hands when I'm playing a game. I want to forget that they are there.

Now, if there had been some kind of feedback on the triggers, that may have been a more interesting idea. Such feedback goes in the direction we need to go if we ever want virtual reality. Take something like an Occulus Rift and motion sensing gloves with haptic feedback. Imagine playing Elder Scrolls 10 and being able to pick something up and the gloves actually make it feel like there is something in your hand.

Perhaps the rumble is just one small step toward that, but for now, I just find it to be an annoyance.

I always have kept the rumble off, but I think I'm in the minority. What about you?

• 
Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hate it and never really used it. However sometimes it is used in a nice way like in MGS for example. Today it rumbles with every thing you do which is really annoying so I turn it of if possible.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It adds to immersion. I noticed it when I had the original Six-Axis. Missed it. I bought the Dual Shock 3 as soon as it was available and it made Burnout all the better and it made me sad that some games didn't have it.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By djou

Its annoying and I turn it off almost immediately. I may play with it on for a few hours to see how the gimmick is implemented into the gameplay, but I always prefer controller precision.

The quip I hear is rumble supposedly increases player immersiveness in the game, but not in a million years would I want my mouse to rumble when I play a PC game. I want precision in shooting, cursor movement, and steering. Always. This is purely a gimmick that console games try to force on users. I can only remember one time that it was implemented well, Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By geirr

If only my mouse could rumble..

ಥ_ಥ