Do you save all your game boxes/jewel cases?

• 76 results
Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vuud

So I'm starting the process of getting ready to prepare to move, and in packing up my shit I noticed a LOT of space is taken up by boxes, cases, jewel cases for all my cds, games and dvds.

Normally I like to keep the boxes and cases for games and movies, but I don't really know why. So I bought a huge 400 cd binder and am about to throw out all the cases and boxes and pack all my discs and cd-keys into this binder. Even my PS2 stuff.

Do you save this stuff? Ever wondered why? I don't know why I did it but I feel weird throwing out all these original game containers, even if they're not really worth anything, and I don't plan on reselling any of this stuff.

Am I weird or do you guys feel the same way about your games?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I try to. Someday I would like to have all games I own displayed on shelves and all my systems connected to a TV. I do keep my games in a cd binder but I'll never throw away my cases. I hate when they are even broken.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm not a monster.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

Yes, I'm not a monster.

^^^

Any gaming enthusiast, especially posting on this board probably saves those things.

Yillb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently did the binder thing and just put the cases into a large storage container.

Any cases that didn't go into that container I plan on getting rid of (sell or donate) with the game or movie.

I've gotten to the point where I know I won't ever play certain games again, or they hold no personal value or aren't anything that will ever make me money so I don't want to keep them.

Though I guess if I lost the cases in a fire or something I wouldn't really care, I stopped looking at box art or manuals some time ago.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For the 30 or so games I've got left, sure. I went through and got rid of every console game I've got that's available on Steam, though. I rarely re-play any of them and if I get the itch, I'll just buy it there.

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General rule: Games on disk I will keep the case. Cartridge based games I will generally not (which includes DS/3DS/older games)

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wolfgame said:

@jz said:

Yes, I'm not a monster.

^^^

Any gaming enthusiast, especially posting on this board probably saves those things.

I threw away my Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn boxes a few years back. The regret...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Hunter5024

Yeah. I don't keep enough games for it to become a problem, and the ones I do keep are worth enough to me that I don't mind taking up the little extra space to keep the box art and manual and whatnot.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll have to pick and choose, there's a lot of crap I don't care about keeping the box for (I actually bought the Land of the Dead tie-in game, shut up it was fun!) But I just can't part with some boxes, like the Rogue Spear box is huge and wonderful. So is my Deer Hunter 2 box. That blaze orange is just so awesome. The season 1 box set of McGuyver is also really nice. Dammit.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

When I owned an xbox, I got a big binder thing to store the discs, took the paper covers from the cases and put those in a box, tossed out the plastic cases.

Can buy those cases for cheap, or get them for free very easily, and having 100 games in 1 binder, and all the covers in a shoe box saved so much room.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes I have always kept my boxes. Although i own like 6 boxed games now so i have plenty of room.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I have a terrible, neverending organizational headache. I was only at a couple hundred a few years ago, but I've surely bought nearly that many since...or I could be wildly overestimating.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. I just wish I had all my "big box" PC games from the 90s. Those were works of art.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame said:

@jz said:

Yes, I'm not a monster.

^^^

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By newmoneytrash

Where else are you going to put them? Games in a CD binder or whatever seems like the worst thing in the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I do now, but almost all game boxes (SNES, N64, Gameboys, etc) I own have been lost or disposed of. I'm pretty sure I used to just leave them lying around on the floor and my mom just threw them away.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

People who throw out their game boxes blow my mind but that's mostly because I can never imagine doing that under any circumstance. I would rather get rid of the entire package all at once then seperate package from disc.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Yep. I just wish I had all my "big box" PC games from the 90s. Those were works of art.

No Caption Provided

You're speaking my language, friend.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By Danteveli

I used to collect them. Had about 20 years on gaming stacked around my apartment. One week I decided to go for vacation. When I came back there were no more boxes. Girlfriend decided that they made my place look childish and got rid of them all.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danteveli: I sincerely hope you dumped her ass over that.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My discs are in binders, but I still keep my game cases in boxes in the attic. (I relinquished my movie cases a few years ago.)

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My discs are in binders, cases in storage, the cases just take up to much space. I'm still working up the nerve to toss out the cases.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep the boxes for the games but not for the consoles. Except the PS4 one which is sitting behind the TV and I'm too lazy to throw it out just yet.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I just give them all away for free.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By ajamafalous

@jz said:

Yes, I'm not a monster.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but I'm starting to get bored of cardboard sleeves and lazy first print/limited edition packaging though. Go big like Civ 5 or go home.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, CD cases are not as bulky as old PC and console games boxes and they keep them protected.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup but I don't have a ton of games. All the games I own fit on one shelf.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I only have enough physical games to easily fit in my TV stand. Although I do have a lot of old PC games on top of that too which are taking up a bit of space (but not too much really)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sooty

People who throw out their game boxes blow my mind but that's mostly because I can never imagine doing that under any circumstance. I would rather get rid of the entire package all at once then seperate package from disc.

It's crazy to think some people don't like wasting space on game boxes.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: it's crazy to think you've never heard of shelves.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

@sooty: it's crazy to think you've never heard of shelves.

Erm is that really the best response you have? Maybe some of us have other stuff they actually use to put on shelves.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: you don't use videogames? Then why are you here?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

@sooty: you don't use videogames? Then why are you here?

No I meant I don't use them as in, I don't keep a load of boxes and cases on shelves when games are in disc wallets.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i still like the art and design of most of them. Every now and then I'm inspired when I see the design of some of the NES box art, but now moved across country they are in boxes so they are in a cycle, so every few weeks one will come out and be on display.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: well keep them in the boxes then duhhh.

Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By Wheady

Yup! I also wish I had kept/taken better care of my old cardboard game boxes. Would like nice up on my shelves lol.

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud: You should be careful of those binders. If they're cheaply made then they can scratch the disc just a little every time to take the disc in or out. I found my CD binder from college and my god...

Also, you're putting all of your eggs in one basket with those things. Damaged, stolen or whatever you're running a huge risk.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TooSweet

Still got my boxes. Those Super Famicom and SNES boxes take up so much space. I have some PC game boxes but not many. If I did PC gaming back in in the day I'd be screwed.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

@sooty: well keep them in the boxes then duhhh.

Gets too annoying when changing games often, but that is more of a problem with DVDs/Blu-Rays because fuck 8 disc boxsets.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another reason to go digital.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: people still have dvds and blurays?

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wallee321

Yes, I use binders for games. Usually, not for the latest games in my collection, but for the games that I've beat or fallen into the backlog pile. I care about the game, not the case. I'd like to keep my house free of as much un-necessary crap as possible; I try not to be a hoarder. Besides, Pen and Paper RPGs and my collection of boards games take up enough space as it is.