JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#101  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Landon said:
" I don't hate any shows on G4 that actually talk about video games. Ya know, the hour they manage to put in between the 6 hour Cops and Cheaters marathons. "
lol. Yeah, pretty much.
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By SSValis

good show

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By JB16

I don't hate the 1.5 hours of G4 that is actually dedicated to video games and other geek shit. I hate the other 23 hours of bullshit shows like cops and cheaters.

Bring back Judgement day, Cheat, Arena, filter, g4tv.com(the show), and all the other game shows they canceled and then I'll start loving G4 again.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By TomA

stupid show

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By agentboolen

Its not bad but I prefer to watch Xplay.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By iam3green

they are just meh now. i watch it from time to time. i just think there is nothing to exciting i guess you would call it about the show anymore. i just think that they are going for laughs now instead of news and information. 

G4 has gone to hell also. i've noticed that there is just the same old stuff over and over. they show the same old episodes of cops for like 5 hours and movies that don't suck.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By renmckormack

I used to really like Portal and Arena as well. 

Munn is a genuine cupcake, so she can read the damn newspaper or whatever on tv and i will watch it for a few minutes.  

g4 is busted now because of Cops, Collge Cops, Cheaters and middling m,they show over and over, I liked it when they really went all out with games (Cinematech etc.)

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108  Edited By carlthenimrod

I don't hate it. I just think it is awful. Especially compared to TechTV and the Screensavers.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By artofwar420

Maybe by itself it's an OK show, at least the few episodes that I watched after the name change. But if as a fan of the Screen Savers it doesn't compare at all, this feels fake and trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Tech TV was the shit, now look at it. Or rather don't. 

Somehow X-Play has managed to stay fairly intact, though I can see how hard they ride those guys into being something else.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

It's alright.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I just watch Cops on G4.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Clinkz

Are you kidding me Olivia Munn is hot as hell who wouldn't like her show. I do hate the nerd laughter in the background though.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OneKillWonder said:
" @BestUsernameEver said:
" @OneKillWonder said:
" I don't watch AotS that much, but I do kind of like it. Kevin is a great host and I honestly don't mind Olivia that much, though I do agree that Alison Haislip would be a more suitable co-host. X-Play I don't really watch that much either. Adam Sessler is awesome even though I don't necessarily agree with him 100% of the time, but Morgan Webb gets on my fucking nerves like no one else.  The best thing on G4 currently is Web Soup, by far. Surprised no one else has mentioned that. Chris Hardwick is one funny motherfucker. "
Tosh.0 is actually way better than Web soup, less poop jokes. "
I don't disagree. I love both shows, but Daniel Tosh's and Chris Hardwick's sense of humor couldn't be any different. What Tosh.0 lacks in poop jokes, it makes up for with mean-spirited racial jokes. "
absolutely agreed. I think racial jabs by Tosh may be worse for an audience, but sadly, more funny, only because everyone including Daniel Tosh, knows he's kidding completely.
slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#114  Edited By slax

I don't mind Attack of the Show, but Olivia Munn is not my favorite.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentboolen said:
" Its not bad but I prefer to watch Xplay. "
Even that kind of sucks now, they are making the review segment of games shorter and shorter throughout the years. Not nearly as bad as AOTS though.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TomA said:
" stupid show "
Plus one for you my sir.
Nes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117  Edited By Nes

James Bond marathons.

'Nuff said.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nes said:
" James Bond marathons.  'Nuff said. "
There are James Bond marathons on Attack of the show??
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By teptom
@AlwaysAngry said:
" I just watch Cops on G4. "
yoyokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By yoyokid

i havent watched sense they reformated the station and all the good game shows tech tv and all the other shows where wicked good.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I don't. Despite all the bashing that goes on, every person who works on that show (cept for Munn who I will touch on in a bit) is pretty damn knowledgeable about w/e they talk about. Especially Kevin and Chris Hardwick. The rest of the bunch knows their stuff, but I don't get the impression they match up to the other 2. Munn, is obviously there because they need a pretty face. She's not the best host, but she has her moments when she just improvs with Kevin between segments. I don't hate her because I have no reason to honestly. I don't expect her to be perfect, but I think she adds a nice balance to the show. But I'm clearly in the minority since most people seem hellbent on bashing her on a daily basis.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By NathHaw
@PrimeSynergy said:
" I don't. Despite all the bashing that goes on, every person who works on that show (cept for Munn who I will touch on in a bit) is pretty damn knowledgeable about w/e they talk about. Especially Kevin and Chris Hardwick. The rest of the bunch knows their stuff, but I don't get the impression they match up to the other 2. Munn, is obviously there because they need a pretty face. She's not the best host, but she has her moments when she just improvs with Kevin between segments. I don't hate her because I have no reason to honestly. I don't expect her to be perfect, but I think she adds a nice balance to the show. But I'm clearly in the minority since most people seem hellbent on bashing her on a daily basis. "
Munn is smart and talented.  She does the best with what she can.  She doesn't know as much about video games as we'd like her to.  The truth is that she is using AotS as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.  It bugs me that she was chosen for the the show, but I don't doubt that it was a smart choice by the people behind the network.  Munn is not only beautiful, she's pretty quick-witted despite her lack of video game knowledge. 
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#123  Edited By mikemcn

Its goofy, but that is on purpose, its meant for a certain audience and it does a good job at targeting that audience. I don't really enjoy it but it certainly isn't bad.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#124  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I hate Attack of the Show because it is becoming less and less about video games and technology and more about sex, cars, and giving bad images to other sports *cough*ATOSPaintballsegmentwascringeworthyfromapaintballersperspective*cough*. Kevin and Olivia just seem so fake as well, they don't seem like real gamers with real opinions, rather like people hired to read scripted dialogue to appeal to a mass audience. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By Ryax

i see alot of hate on cops and cheaters, but where else am i suppose to watch those shows while im high?

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

The reason all of those shows are off the air is because they had horrible ratings.  It is a lot cheaper to have syndicated programming running most of the day, then produce several hours of original programming every day.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By rentfn

But Munn has been on there for awhile. She could do research, which would mean playing more games, so she knows what she is talking about. Oh well nothing is perfect. I just don't get Video Games and TV. For the video game awards they bring out all the celebs that no one really cares about they just look stupid because they want the "gift bag" and don't care to be there. They should have people that want to be there and have something to say. But I guess networks want to hear famous names.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Radar

I don't really hate it, I watch it when I need something to fall asleep to. I hate the brofest the in-house audience is.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129  Edited By fugie7

I have no problems with G4 when they actually talk about video games, but that's about hour or so. Other then that i usually skip watching or find something else when its on its cop and cheaters rampages. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By TwoOneFive

i dont particularly like it but its not bad i watch sometimes.  

i think its fucked up how it used to be a good show with totally different people and slow g4 laid a big cleveland steamer on tech tv and now its called attack of the show. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#131  Edited By Claude

My mother-in-law loves Cops and Cheaters. She called me one time and talked about some game. I was like... What are watching? She said, some show with a girl and a guy about a video game and some other stuff. After all was said and done, she liked them.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ravensword

My hate towards G4 is only based off the fact that I saw G4 when it was in tis hay day. I remember not having G4, and the only time id get to watch it would be either when I go on vacation and the time share had it or when I ever went to somones hosue that had it. Then I remember my grandmother was going to get G4, and I was excited because I would have easy access to it. I was horrified to find out that alot of what I liked about G4 was gone. They had XPLAY, Cinematech, AOTS, and Codemonkeys which I thought was pretty funny. I liked how they had the man show on their, but everything else was kinda crap save for Star Trek. But then, as time went on, they ditched alot of even that stuff adn all we got now is XPLAY for our Video game stuff. And XPLAY isnt nearly as funny as it once was. AOTS used to be about games, but now its youtube videos aimed at bros. and the rest is just COPS reruns and Ninja warrior. So imagine my disgused when I finally got G4 on ym TV because of Fios and I was stuck with the "former shell of its once self" version.
Kouerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Kouerson

It killed Screen Savers, even if it was the Kevin Rose era of that show. So, yes.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#134  Edited By wrathofconn
@Kouerson said:

" It killed Screen Savers, even if it was the Kevin Rose era of that show. So, yes. "

QF-fuckin'-T. It's not terrible by itself but literally everything about that channel got worse when it became G4. X-Play was the only TechTV show they kept and even that got worse with time.

EDIT: I forgot Unscrewed. That was another brilliant show that got the axe.
Kouerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Kouerson

Back when TechTV was in full swing, Leo and Patrick on Screen Savers and just Sessler on X-Play. Those were the days, why did they have to go.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#136  Edited By onyxghost

Attack of the show is great. There will always be haters.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By TomA
@jukezypoo said:
" @Soapy86 said:
" I don't hate it, but I stopped watching when Olivia Munn took over for Sarah Lane. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like Olivia all that much. : / "
You are not alone in that, trust me. "
I agree with you both.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Landon said:
" I don't hate any shows on G4 that actually talk about video games. Ya know, the hour they manage to put in between the 6 hour Cops and Cheaters marathons. "
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#139  Edited By Sin4profit

I think most of the hate is geared towards what G4 did to Tech TV, but this all happened after i stopped watching TV for the most part.
What little i saw of Attack of the Show i didn't mind...but seeing what happened to the Screen Savers on G4 was kind of vomit inducing despite the fact that i like Kevin and Alex in their new Diggnation thing now.
but G4 did give us Ninja Warrior so i can appreciate it for that.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#140  Edited By Sooperspy

I like G4 for AOTS and X-Play, but thats it.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Burns098356GX

I liked it until they would just shit on things for no reason. ie. Transformers 2 came out, the next day they talked about how bad it was then said they were only in the theater for 15 minutes. You've judged a 2 hour movie off 15 minutes. I'm sorry, thats not ethical for somebody in the media to say regardless of what movie or director made it. Plus Oliva Munn starts wanting to be everything she isnt, for some reason they market her as a women that can do everything. Shes got a book? Why? The girl can't even read a teleprompter without fucking up. Seems as soon as AOTS started to get really popular they started getting really stupid and sloppy.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#142  Edited By takua108

G4 sucks, they took the only channel on television I ever watched and anally raped it. And they took my favorite show and turned it into garbage.

In the end it all worked out for the best, though. Now I have TWiT.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By DougQuaid

I feel like that channel is all about putting the most minimal amount of effort into their shows as possible.  AOTS is just another internet clip show and X-Play might as well not exist.  It's content is often not current enough for anyone to give a fuck and the segments they shoot on location are stretched thin just so they can run them in multiple episodes.  

Seriously, how can these two shows constitute a network?

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Druminator

I watch AOTS for the hot girls. Adam is the best on that channel. They need to bring back Arena though dammit!

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By blair
@LiquidPrince said:
" I don't. "
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#146  Edited By trophyhunter

like 4 years ago the fist year it was pretty good and funny.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#147  Edited By spiceninja

I liked it when it was just called Screensavers.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#148  Edited By Dany

The fact that they still pander to the same audience is well...., guess it works

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Darth Paul
@yakov456 said:
" I know it's a natural progression for the channel, but when it went from all gaming stuff to a wannabe Spike Tv I was done. And AOTS was the worst part of the station, X-play the best part. And before X play I much preferred whatever the review show was with Tommy Tallarico. "
Yeah, I don't necessarily hate AOTS, but I like X-Play a heck of a lot better. Don't really watch either of them that much anymore though.
ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ArcLyte

no, it's actually a pretty great show along with x-play.