Dream: All Day Mario Party Stream on Wednesday. Probably PSVR Stream

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

I Edited the title because a PSVR stream is likely what it is.

Original post: The coming up section has a live stream set to air at 6am PDT (west coast offices time). It's simply titled "Another Great Giant Bomb Live Stream!" What other show would require them to start so freaking early? I predict they're going to attempt to blow through the remaining Mario Party games in one sitting. If I were to be generous let's say each game takes them around 3 hours to get through. With 4 games left that would mean at least 12 hours of Mario Partying.

So, what does everyone think? Do you think this could be real? Who do you think it going to win it all? Will there be a trophy?

Question: do the remaining games have 50 turns as an option? I remember hearing some of them limit it to 25.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

There's not a chance in hell that's what it's gonna be. I'd be surprised if they played MP at all really. They'll probably play Mafia 3 if I had to guess, assuming they got an early copy.

briguyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm thinking it's the PSVR stream.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The review embargo for PlayStation VR lifts on Wednesday.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By Boss_Kowbel

As others have said, it's likely a PlayStation VR livestream. The gear comes out a week from Wednesday.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Playstation VR, don't get your hopes up.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wondering ...did they say anything about the Big live live show this year?

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah probably PlayStation VR

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mario Party VR?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A game of Mario Party 10 goes for like 30 minutes. I haven't played 9, but I think it's similar.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Nah, if they do that they save it for Extra Life at the end of the month. Do we know if they are doing Extra Life this year?

tissot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: I remember GBW talking about it recently. So probably on last UPF?

It seemed like they will do it, but didn't have any plans made yet. Brad wanted to stream from home, while Jeff wanted to do something similar to last year where they will have mix of studio and solo home streams.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mario party in VR?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@tissot: well, I wasn't a big fan of last years format though I understand it was probably easier on them. I prefer the whole 24 hours with someone or a group, leads to crazy weird things

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's definitely going to be 24 hours previewing the next Nioh beta phase.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

Mario Party VR?

The ultimate nightmare.

My hunch is PSVR.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way they'll do that but they're going to have to get a move on soon, I don't know what's taking them so long unless they think doing them back to back each week is fun

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WynnDuffy

I'm glad it's PSVR, the VR streams have been long and full of gold. I just went through a lot of the Rift and Vive launch archives recently.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll be pretty disappointed if they didn't play the last Mario parties before Dan leaves, but it looks unlikely at this point.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#23  Edited By sammo21

its PSVR. The only way its Mario Party is if someone convinced the Duders to join a suicide cult and they were going to just commit seppuku live on air with really sharp copies of Mario Party cartridges.

#notlikethis

packerman120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda Funny mentioned that their podcast won't be up til Wednesday morning due to discussing something that is review embargoed, so I'm guessing this is definitely the PSVR stream.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be pretty disappointed if they didn't play the last Mario parties before Dan leaves, but it looks unlikely at this point.

Dan said he wants to do them one way or another before he leaves

There is always the big live live show or extra life stream

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i would like to be the 29th bringer of truth and proclaim that it's a PSVR stream.

LostOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect that they'll save at least some of the remaining Mario Party games for Extra Life.

PSVR makes some sence with it being a week out at that point. But wont different games have different embargo dates?

If the idea is to do the same thing they did with the Vive and Rift by playing every launch game different embargos kinda makes it impossible on the 5th. Unless Sony told developers to all set the same embargo date?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28 MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't think Dan can convince the guys to come into the office at 5am to play Mario Party.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I expect that they'll save at least some of the remaining Mario Party games for Extra Life.

PSVR makes some sence with it being a week out at that point. But wont different games have different embargo dates?

If the idea is to do the same thing they did with the Vive and Rift by playing every launch game different embargos kinda makes it impossible on the 5th. Unless Sony told developers to all set the same embargo date?

All of the launch games likely have their embargo lifted at the same time. It makes sense to lift the embargo on a bunch of games at once, so there's a sense of there being lots of options for the hardware.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be pretty dumb to keep people from talking about your launch game, while they were talking about all the other launch games

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By mrbubbles

The background image is from pong. So maybe it'll be a retro games stream or maybe the background image is just there to fuck with us an it's actually a PSVR stream. Both scenarios are highly likely on this website so I don't think there's any way to know for sure.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I follow Brad on PSN and he was playing some VR games/demos on PS4 some days ago so...

DevvyBoyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PSVR embargo is up on the 5th, so it's that.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't 6 kind of early for any kind of normal stream? Didn't the other all day VR streams start at like 8 or 9? As far as I can remember the only time they start that early is when there's a press conference happening at that time.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I hope not because I have classes on Wednesdays...

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VR MARIO PARTY

Marslander5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I look it says it starts at 10pm, have they converted this to local time for me?

bluemorning104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bluemorning104

A PSVR stream would make sense but it'd be kind of premature to do it this week. They did the Vive and Oculus streams on the actual release day so they could look at all of the launch games directly.

When I look it says it starts at 10pm, have they converted this to local time for me?

Yeah, it's converted. EST and it says 8:00 AM for me.

Marslander5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By stordoff

A PSVR stream would make sense but it'd be kind of premature to do it this week. They did the Vive and Oculus streams on the actual release day so they could look at all of the launch games directly.

It was all but confirmed on the Bombcast that it is VR related (roughly "We have stuff to set up for that one, headsets, I mean stuff...") and the only VR thing that makes sense ATM is PSVR.

Also, them being cagey about the content, coupled with the fact that the PSVR embargo lifts Wednesday but (IIRC) the date itself is also embargoed, more or less confirms it for me.

bluemorning104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marslander5000 said:

@bluemorning104: thanks homie, I live in Australia

Godspeed, my friend. I didn't think they had internet in that neck of the woods.

@stordoff said:
@bluemorning104 said:

It was all but confirmed on the Bombcast that it is VR related (roughly "We have stuff to set up for that one, headsets, I mean stuff...") and the only VR thing that makes sense ATM is PSVR.

Also, them being cagey about the content, coupled with the fact that the PSVR embargo lifts Wednesday but (IIRC) the date itself is also embargoed, more or less confirms it for me.

Yeah, just got done listening to the Bombcast and it's pretty much confirmed that it is PSVR.

I'm pissed now though since I have school and no opportunity to watch it during my day, meaning I'm stuck between catching part of it live and watching the rest later or just waiting.