Due to the Giantbomb drought

• 133 results
MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just wondering what you guys are doing in the meantime? Me, I'm finishing up Christmas shopping and basically just working. I've caught up on some shows that I've been missing lately too.

I know they got everyone in the office when ppl were available, but I just can't help but think it was a week too early. I was also hoping they would have pre-recorded some Metal Gear Scanlon for the break. Man, drew will be in trouble after that long of not playing. :)

See ya duders.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Dragon Age: Inquisition. That's filling my time nicely.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Watching the Extra Life archives. I figured there would be a GB drought though was hoping it'd start later. I'm playing Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and SUPERKH2TURBOHDREMIX

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

I was super busy in June, so I skipped all of their E3 coverage and just read about the announcements on news sites.

So now I've been gradually going back and watching the various E3 videos.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mak_wikus

I'm working my way through the Extra Life 2014 archives and Far Cry 4.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Moving to a new apartment and getting back into Rogue Legacy. Got it on PS4 the week it came out and just now finally beat the giant eye boss and am consistently having runs that eclipse 4,000 gold.

Man do I HATE the Curse of the Hedgehog though.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been watching alot of Futurama and drinking alot of beer.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Studying for finals mostly. Playing Final Fantasy XIV and Diablo III on my ps4.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extra Life and Dragon Age have filled my days in recent weeks. I just beat Dragon Age, though, so I guess it's Far Cry 4 and Extra Life for the foreseeable future.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By jiggajoe14

Playing through season 2 of the walking dead, starting dragon age inquisition to beat before the end of the year, play through the evil within....yeah I'm making myself busy lol.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I've been doing what I do every year now and re-listening to all the GB GotY podcasts in order. (Sidenote: 2008 Brad sounds waaaay different.) I'm on the final parts of 2013 now, they're just sorting out the top 10 games of the year. This isn't all at once, just whenever I want something to listen to - taken maybe two weeks to get through them all. I find it a good way to reflect on where we've come. There was a great quote from Jeff during the 'Hottest Mess' category last year where he says something along the lines of, "Are we going to end up with next year's hit category 'Fix Your Damn Game' now?"

Other than that I'm trying to blitz through everything I want to finish for my own GotY stuff. Just getting started on Bayonetta 2, I'm playing Smash Bros regularly, hoping to work through Mordor once Bayo is done, and then maybe finish off with a couple of smaller things including Transistor and Valiant Hearts. I'm also still playing Destiny multiple times a week, so there's that. But other than the raids it's becoming one of those games I use because I want to fill some time, so I'm not going to be playing as much of it while I have other stuff to focus on.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Studying for Finals and trying to get in some game time also.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've finished watching The Thick of It yesterday. Now I guess I'll start looking for old QLs to watch.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've watched the recent episodes of The Lobby on gamespot. I like the show, but finding it on gamespot is such a hassle that I usually don't bother, and not having downloads also makes watching it a bit fussy.

I've also watched bits of the extra-life content and I discovered there is some good content on the google developer channel, like HTTP 203: Font Rendering , though that is obviously not at all game related :)

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing a lot of WoW and Persona Q. I've also been catching up on my Giantbomb video backlog.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Studying for finals and really trying not to screw up. Once that's done? Back to Dragon Age.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started playing Wizardry 8 from the steam sale, holy crap that game's addictive, Dave's list was not wrong!

I should try out temple of elemental evil sometime.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Panicking, and checking back frequently.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By super2j

I focus on some of my favourite youtube guys (twobestfriends, gamegrumps). Luckily I have not been bothered by the drought because 2bf have been putting out content at a nice clip. I do still come here a little to often to see if there is a new QL or dumb camcorder video.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By frymillstrum

Yeah the lack of content has been pretty extreme... here's hopin they make up for it with a TON of quality GOTY content.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing A LOT of Phantasy Star Online 2, and a bit of The Crew.

Hey guys, Phantasy Star Online 2 is pretty awesome.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm catching up with Destiny to play the expansion with my friends. Struggling to get over the level 20 bump :(

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age Inquisition and messing around with Destiny and Halo MCC (until it bugs out and then leave it for a few days.) Throw in some 3DS games as well.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By UncleBenny

WOW.

God damn it I have a problem.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#26  Edited By Little_Socrates

The new Hearthstone expansion is rad. And they gave everybody a bunch of free packs and a free Arena run. It'll be a while till there's a better time to start playing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BradBrains

FINALS

then im gonna play mother 3 and tomb raider for ps4

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a house. Now I'm attempting to live in said house.

I will say though, last Fridays 'Unprofessional Friday' was one of the best ever. Loved every second of it. As long as they do that weekly stream I'm happy. Do you think Vinny and Alex and Patrick will have left for this weeks show?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mister_V

I have got back into EVE in a big way after that trailer. Been filling the time nicely.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Patrick is gonna be on this week's Idle Thumbs, which records on Tuesdays. Assuming they recorded the Bombcast on Monday as is usual, he was on it. They're probably gonna be around for a few more days to shoot GOTY videos.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut on the Ps3 and an unhealthy amounts of Smash Bros and Zombicide (board game)

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MakoTitan
cashbasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and South Park: The Stick of Truth. Both games are quite good... even though a game-breaking bug in Inquisition forced me to restart after 35 hours. The gall!

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ehbunner
@festeringneon said:

Panicking, and checking back frequently.

This is my sentiments exactly!

Besides my frequent checks here for content, I have watched all of the Dan and his Dad play videos, am currently working my way through old clips from the bombcast on youtube since I wasn't around when all that great content first happened, finding myself reading these forums a lot more after scrolling down to find no new content, working my way through GTA 5 for the 3rd time(1st on cg) and I should be catching up on the last week of Conan/Fallon

I am also making a mental note of some of the great suggestions here as I'm guessing that there is going to be another lull around the holiday break(please don't tell me they barely come back from this point until Jan lol I don't think I could take that news) Watching the e3 content and watching the full 96 hours of extra life are two great ideas that will eat up a good chunk of time.

Also I've been wanting to ask this but not sure where to put it and it kind of fits in with this topic...

Is there a topic on these forums with a list of the quick looks etc. that are regarded as all time best videos?

As someone fairly new I'd really love to go back and watch some of vinny's(and anyone elses) classic videos.

superkebabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By superkebabi

Studying for exams. Hoping not to fail. On Friday, I'm planning on finishing up the Day 4 Extra Life stream and playing a shitload more Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Tomb Raider, and whatever else is on sale.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ehbunner: The "Best of Giant Bomb" series on Youtube collects a fair amount of great moments from old QLs. I find myself in the same position as you, being fairly new and wanting to see some of the great content from the past, so I've been watching some of the QLs featured in this series.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finals. щ(ಥДಥщ) Doing lots of sewing and drawing and powerpoint-making.

MrPlatitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End of semester projects and studying for finals. Ugh.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finals, yay Biochemistry!

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot about the extra life content I missed. That's a good idea I should go back and watch that.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re-listening to Game of the Year 2013 podcasts and watching the original Pokemon series with my wife.

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erickmartins: Thanks for the good tip, going there right now before I forget!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Playing Yakuza 4 which just got released on PSN. Turns out it does the multiple protagonists thing way better than GTA 5 did.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GaspoweR

@guybrush said:

Would you believe that about 90 hours in I just got to Skyhold? Yes, I'm a crazy person...and most of that time was just the game running in the background while I was doing chores at home so there's that.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I'm doing this crazy thing where I play video games instead of watching the duders play video games. Turns out, it's a lot of fun.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Rincewind

I've started watching the Chrono Trigger endurance run, it's content with Ryan in that I haven't seen before and it's pretty good!

Tmhargreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been busy moving house (never again) so that's kept me occupied recently. My 360 broke so I'm stuck without my main console, may try and play through a few DS games that I've not had time to finish though. Finding game time is becoming increasingly more difficult though balancing a new house, family (partner and my step daughter with one on the way) and little niggly bits. I'll make some time in the new year probably...hopefully haha!

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ehbunner said:

Is there a topic on these forums with a list of the quick looks etc. that are regarded as all time best videos?

As someone fairly new I'd really love to go back and watch some of vinny's(and anyone elses) classic videos.

Here you go

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've started watching Dave and Ian's videos of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition. I only played the second one and never the first.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mbdoeden

@gaspower said:

@guybrush said:

Would you believe that about 90 hours in I just got to Skyhold? Yes, I'm a crazy person...and most of that time was just the game running in the background of the PC while I was doing chores at home so there's that.

That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't call you a crazy person, I've been letting Dragon Age burn slowly on my end as well. It's honestly so damn huge, rushing through it feels like it would be an insult.