gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear motorsport fans

Codemasters just revealed their trailer of a coming-up sim rallying game, and it's in development by the same team behind the DiRT Rally series, not the ones (Evolution Studios/Codemasters Cheshire) that made the WRC (PS2 era), Motorstorm, Driveclub, OnRush, and DiRT 5.

Launching on November 3rd, 2023, for the PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S.

I would like to see you guys share your opinions on this.

Edit: It's not coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

TigerThyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh man, I was really into Dirt Rally & 2.0 a few years back, and this is making me want to hop back into it again! I'm excited that Codemasters get the WRC license this time, though I am a bit cautious if EA tries to monetize it like their other sports games.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerthyme: You wrote "if" but you meant "when." Though the most recent Need for Speed did not have awful monetization.

The game looks good but I dislike the trailer, because it intersperses live action footage and I hate that. I get they're trying to show it looks so good it's hard to tell what's real and what's the game but I'm really tired of trailers that show everything but the game. I have zero interest in seeing cut scenes or live action footage or little animations. If you want to sell me on the game show me the game.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that mix and match on the footage rubs me the wrong way. I also wonder if EA are going to trying and market this as 'rally for people that don't normally bother with rally' Probably not. Codemasters have a solid history with the sport but so did Kyloton with their (better) WRC series.