Ever had someone you know steal a game from you?

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Have you ever had a "friend" or maybe someone you know that had ever stolen a game from you? I am bringing this up because on the worst Nintendo experiences site I just read this story:

One day I went away for the day. I come home to see that my Chrono
Trigger is missing. I asked my family about it, and they said that a
boy who they didn't know came by and said that I had something of his.
I asked them a description, and I finally came to the conclusion that it
was a boy from up the street who had been bugging me about borrowing
Chrono Trigger. I rush out the door and run for his house, but when I get
there, I find a "For sale" sign on his house, and I see a moving truck about
200 feet up the road. I was one minute too late. I haven't found Chrono
Trigger ever since, but I am willing to buy it again.

I feel bad for this chick, Chrono Trigger is a great game.
Has anything like this ever happened to you? If so tell us the story.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

My brother took Need For Speed Underground 2 and let his friend borrow it.
Next time I got it back the disc was fucked up, and I couldn't finish the game.
Also another friend of his "borrowed" his copy of San Andreas.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MasturbatingBear
sidescroller said:
"I tend to do the stealing.

Unintentionally though.

Most of the time a friend will lend me a game and I just won't give it back for like 5 years because we both forget about it.

Or at least the friend does.

I have my friends copy of Ninja Gaiden II right now."
Oh thats not stealing. thats just lengthy borrowing its not bad. I have my friends copy of tony hawks pro skater 3 for game boy color for 7 years now. Another freind of mine I have a shit load of his games for years.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

Never had it happen to me...probably because people know how pissed I would be if someone touched my stuff without permission.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

My buddy took my copy of Lego Island once and had it for like 2 years before he gave it back (he was going to keep it until I went across the street and caught him playing it unawares. This was many years ago. Nobody steals anything from me now, though. If I let them in my house. I mostly go out, so I'm in the position to take the games, but I don't.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

No. I've never had to kill someone.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Win

Never had it happen to me, but my cousin had this neighbor of his over one time along with a few other friends and that neighbor stole his copy of Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Actually, yes... quite a lot actually.
In the N64 days I think my friend borrowed about three games and then a while later told me that he had never done it. I know that Forsaken 64 was one of them.
I had Plasma Sword stolen from me during the Dreamcast era.
I'm pretty sure my friend borrowed my copies of Unreal Tournament 2 and Dark Alliance 2 for the Xbox and told me that he lost them.
Nothing yet for the 360 thank god.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Virago
Levio91 said:
"My friend once came over and while I wasnt looking he switched his ps1 copy of tony hawks 3 for my ps2 copy of tony hawks 3. so we were never frineds again because he got mad and scratched my game."
that's when you grab your airsoft gun and go pew pew pew!
hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By hexogen

My sister once let one of her friends borrow my copies of Test Drive 6 and Porsche Challenge. Without asking me first, of course. Never saw them again.

synt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By synt4x

I had like 20 Gameboy games years ago, but my so called friend stole them all I think.
The reason I think that is because (and this I'm positive of) he also stole my whole N64 collection. Console and all =/
He only left Super Mario 64 behind.

Needless to say, he's not my friend anymore.

Oh and I've actually stolen a game as well. But only once, and I kinda regret it. It was Pokemon Blue (which I still have! Guess that other guy didn't want to steal it because it's "childish" or whatever). I was just crazy about Pokemon at the time and I didn't have any money. And asking my parents to buy me games was pretty much a guaranteed nono. Not that they were against games, but they didn't have that much money either.
He never even suspected it. He even told me that he thought another guy had stolen it :)

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Schizoid

I had this nice "friend" who stole quite a few of my games, infact, he stole lots of games from lots of people. We only started to realize when we had all left school because they were games we didn't really play often. I really want my copy of Street Fighter III 3rd strike back. :( 

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Gunner

Yeah, lost a copy of kingdom hearts 2 and a copy of final fantasy x that way. Never again will i trust anyone.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tanuki
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MisterSpiffy
sidescroller said:

Unintentionally though.

Most of the time a friend will lend me a game and I just won't give it back for like 5 years because we both forget about it.

Yeah, I have GTAIV and Bulletwitch from a couple friends, but they don't really care.  I've never actually stolen or had a game stolen before, though.
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#17  Edited By joey

I stole my friend's copy of rayman for PSone (but he told me he never played it anymore). I wear a backbrace, so i just hid it in between my brace and my stomach and i had it in there for a few hours, but it worked.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum

No, not many of my friend's come inside my house, and the ones that do, I don't let them touch my games.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gamerpigeon

my unoepned copy of mario bros 3 factory sealed wa opned by my friend once so he could borrow mario bros 3 , i have two versions once FS and one is just a cartidge , he asked if he could borrow it i said yes and he went and opned it the stupid idiot .... i eventually forgave him and have since got another copy of mario bros 3 factory sealed ............................ reason i want one factory selaed is im kinda mario bros 3 crazy i have a tatto of the box art and play it on a weekly basis and have probably completed it more than 200 times over the last 15 years , becasue im mad hahahahaha lol

Karmum said:

"No, not many of my friend's come inside my house, and the ones that do, I don't let them touch my games."
dude thats kinda of sad , not letting your friends even touch your games come on thats pretty bad, not sure you'd be the best friend in the world , i lend my friends games all the time , you know so we can share the experience , if they get badly scracthed i get them cleaned for £2 , better that then not sharing my games about
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't lend games to people.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By calf_exercises

nope. stealing is wring

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Shawn

Never happened to me, but once, my dad brought me this super rare Blue Edition Pokemon booster pack, I opened it. You won't believe what I found, the very last card was VAPOREON! I had all three special dog pokemon, and I was happy, immediately I phoned my friend and he came running over to my crib with his pokemon cards. He was looking at it in my big binder and admiring it. I went to the bathroom for one second, I come back and it's gone! So I ask him to open his binder and show me his cards, and there it is! I told him to give it back that instant but he said his cousin gave it to him for his birthday, which I know is false because I was at his birthday, his cousin bought him Yu-Gi-Oh cards, not Pokemon cards. But he promised he didn't take it, so as a friend I believed him. He told me it must've fallen on the floor and then quickly ran back to his house.

..It's been over 3 days now, I still can't find it. I have a feeling he might have stolen it :'(

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

I stole all of my friend's Sims games and gave them to another as a birthday present. The guy was a dick, so I didn't feel bad.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Karmum
gamerpigeon said:
"my unoepned copy of mario bros 3 factory sealed wa opned by my friend once so he could borrow mario bros 3 , i have two versions once FS and one is just a cartidge , he asked if he could borrow it i said yes and he went and opned it the stupid idiot .... i eventually forgave him and have since got another copy of mario bros 3 factory sealed ............................ reason i want one factory selaed is im kinda mario bros 3 crazy i have a tatto of the box art and play it on a weekly basis and have probably completed it more than 200 times over the last 15 years , becasue im mad hahahahaha lol

Karmum said:
"No, not many of my friend's come inside my house, and the ones that do, I don't let them touch my games."
dude thats kinda of sad , not letting your friends even touch your games come on thats pretty bad, not sure you'd be the best friend in the world , i lend my friends games all the time , you know so we can share the experience , if they get badly scracthed i get them cleaned for £2 , better that then not sharing my games about
"
Kind of sad? My friend's don't let me touch their stuff either. Work on your spelling too, by the way. I lend my friend's games if they ask, but when they are at my house, they are respectful enough not to touch my games, unless I let them. Vice-versa when I'm at their house.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
Shawn said:
"Never happened to me, but once, my dad brought me this super rare Blue Edition Pokemon booster pack, I opened it. You won't believe what I found, the very last card was VAPOREON! I had all three special dog pokemon, and I was happy, immediately I phoned my friend and he came running over to my crib with his pokemon cards. He was looking at it in my big binder and admiring it. I went to the bathroom for one second, I come back and it's gone! So I ask him to open his binder and show me his cards, and there it is! I told him to give it back that instant but he said his cousin gave it to him for his birthday, which I know is false because I was at his birthday, his cousin bought him Yu-Gi-Oh cards, not Pokemon cards. But he promised he didn't take it, so as a friend I believed him. He told me it must've fallen on the floor and then quickly ran back to his house.

..It's been over 3 days now, I still can't find it. I have a feeling he might have stolen it :'("
+1
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

i dont have friends =(

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawn
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"i dont have friends =("
Why So Glum?
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By whackmypinata
HandsomeDead said:
"I stole all of my friend's Sims games and gave them to another as a birthday present. The guy was a dick, so I didn't feel bad."
What the fuck, Jerry? I was looking for my copy of Sims City just the other day..
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MKHavoc

That's never happened to me.  If a friend of mine wants a game that I have, then I'll just lend it to them.

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Manks

I usually allow my friends to borrow my games, but my friend that it would be funny to steal it.    He attempted to steal my COD4, but failed because it fell out of his pocket.  

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Illmatic

I don't know exactly who it was but I know it had to have been someone I knew since it happened during Thanksgiving. I was about 10 at the time and had a silver game boy pocket. I loved that thing to death yet stupidly left it on a dresser in my room during that thanksgiving day. Now I don't know about you guys, but during Thanksgiving, my house is usually packed to the brim and so keeping track of people and things is nigh impossible on these fateful nights. All I know is the next morning, when I woke from my turkey and rice induced slumber, I found my game boy pocket was missing. At first I thought I misplaced it, but after turning the house upside down, it was gone along with the Mario game that debuted with it and a handful of other games. To this day, I still have only an educated guess as to who stole it but have only met the guy one other time, during which my cousin convinced me to let it go.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#32  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah....i let my friend borrow his copy of RB6:V2.....and his "jew powers" as he calls them, are keeping him from giving it back to me...He's the wierdest jewish guy i know. Correction, hes the wierdest person i know.

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Prime20

Not a friend but a Friend of a Friend.

Back in highschool, he was just some kid that kinda hung out with the rest of my friends. A background character if you will. One day he happened to be over my house with the rest of the people i actually hung out with and asked to barrow my copy of Onimusha.
So i said sure, why not i had already beaten it and really didnt mind him borrowing it as long as he returned it.

So long story short a few weeks later it was out of my mind but i was kind of hankering for some demon killing samurai action only to find my game was missing.
In an attempt to track it down i found out the son of a bitch moved half way across the country and took my game with him.

Still kind of a sore subject.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thanatos990

I stole Age of Empires 2 Gold from wally world, becuase I have lost 3 copies already

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Video_Tycoon

Haha, no, usually if I let someone borrow a game of mine, I take one of their games as collateral. xD

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Yeah only friends that come to my house are my really good freinds. all we tend to do is play games so often times well let each other borrow shit. My friend has my professor layton (which my brother got me last march for my birthday) advancewars days of ruin, resident evil 4, and I think thats it. He had my Golden Sun/Golden Sun the lost age duo strat guide for years (i got it in like 5th grade and he gave it to me before we started our sophomore year) so like 5 years. While I have his mario kart 64, paper mario, link to the past, dbz buus fury, pokemon sapphire, sonic adventure battle 2, ocarina of time (gamecube disc), windwaker with guide and probably some other shit ill find out later. I thought he had stolen my golden sun guide cause whenever I was at his house he said it was in his parents safe in their room and he didn't know the combo. I thought he stole it or he lost it, but one time he just said hey i got the combo and sure enough there it was. Why was it in there? no idea.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Black_Rose

My friend stole Need for Speed 3 :x

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Lunarbunny
Black_Rose said:
"My friend stole Need for Speed 3 :x"
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! /vader
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I forget what happened but when I was younger, like 8 I was really good friends with a priest at my church. We would do fun stuff like wrestling and watch funny movies. One day though the cops came and took him away. I remember my mother crying because apparently I didn't know this but the priest was stealing my virginities for months and I hadn't even noticed I felt silly but to this day, have not gotten them back.

Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cogito

A friend once stole Age of Mythology.

I didn't really care all that much.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Bartiemus

I once lent out my copy of GTA San Andres and got it back it was snapped in half needles to say I was pissed.

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sionweeks

I don't think so.  I think I may have lost a GBA game some point in time, maybe someone stole it, I don't really know.  I do know that my mate lent me GTA for the PS1 and I never gave it back, after he told me he didn't really like it :P  Another guy also left Crash Bandicoot 2 at my house after a party, and I didn't return it for a long time. Beat it, returned it!  If that counts as stealing then okay :D

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sionweeks
Shawn said:
"Solid_SnakeXx said:
"i dont have friends =("
Why So Glum?"
Look at his DP. I think you meant to say, "Why so serious!?"
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By I_smell

Niall stole my Ape Escape >:(

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#46  Edited By dsplayer1010
sidescroller said:

Unintentionally though.

I just remembered that a friend has my copy of LEGO Star Wars. I'll have to get it back.
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zitosilva

Never a game, but a friend of mine stole my rumble pack from me. I remember he came up to me the next day saying that he bought it from "some guy" that made it really cheap... yeah right. But I was too much of a child at the time to know how to deal with the situation. Nowadays he's a corrupt lawyer (pelonasm...).

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Captain_Insano

I accidentally 'stole' my friends Family Guy dvd for like a year. Mainly because he lent it to me and I didn't see him enough to return it. A mate of mine stole GTA:Vice City from me in a similar situation. I lent it to him about 3 years ago now and haven't seen it since. It comes up in conversation occasionally, but since I had finished it and moved on, it doesn't really bother me all that much

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By StaticFalconar

Yeah, back in the SNES days when I was like 1st grade. Lets just say overtime I got better actual friends, no more 'friends'.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#50  Edited By JackiJinx

Not to me, but boy, did it piss me off. My brother lent his copy of FFIII (SNES) to a friend. His friend moved a few days later and with it, FFIII.

Needless to say, I didn't talk to my brother for awhile. What bone-head does that to such an awesome game?