For those that use home theater audio systems, are you excited or worried about what the PS5 will deliver?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't create a poll as an error page pops up, so I'll just make a normal thread. Anyways, I am hoping that they implement Dolby Atmos for gaming similar to how Xbox already does it with Xbox One X. PS4's current multi-channel LPCM doesn't bother me, but going forward I hope there is Atmos and DTS:X. Their ambition to make 3D audio more immersive, especially with headphones at first is fine and interesting. And, if I remember and understood correctly, it sounds as if they want to make TV sound, soundbars, and later on, home theaters take advantage of it as well, which is great, but I hope this doesn't mean Atmos is out the window. I am worried that they won't go in that direction, but I am interested to see what it all means. A lot of people like to think and talk about the power of the console and what it can do visually, but just as important is what sound can do, so I hope they support Atmos alongside their goal to make 3D audio better for those that use a TV or headphones while listening to games.