Free to play?

DamianOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DamianOgre

It took me forever to decide to play Wow. I couldn't imagine paying monthly for a game. But after playing for free for a week, way back when, i was hooked an played WoW for some odd 5-6 years. Well, paying monthly made me feel like I must play everyday. Made me feel like I had a duty to my online friends. So about a year ago I finally quit Wow, Now I am playing Free to Play games. So far i'm pretty sure I've spent the cost of a box and a monthly fee on each Free to play game I've tried. It would also seem that I have no loyalty to any of the games. After a few months in I get the itch to move on.

I get the feeling that in the next year I may get to that "I'm doing with games." feeling. Seems weird that I have played games and video games for my entire life, 45 years now, and now my interest them is waning.

Maybe I just need a break.

DamianOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DamianOgre

It took me forever to decide to play Wow. I couldn't imagine paying monthly for a game. But after playing for free for a week, way back when, i was hooked an played WoW for some odd 5-6 years. Well, paying monthly made me feel like I must play everyday. Made me feel like I had a duty to my online friends. So about a year ago I finally quit Wow, Now I am playing Free to Play games. So far i'm pretty sure I've spent the cost of a box and a monthly fee on each Free to play game I've tried. It would also seem that I have no loyalty to any of the games. After a few months in I get the itch to move on.

I get the feeling that in the next year I may get to that "I'm doing with games." feeling. Seems weird that I have played games and video games for my entire life, 45 years now, and now my interest them is waning.

Maybe I just need a break.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ketchupp

It happens. I've had times where I thought I was done with games, but then the holiday season comes around...

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Jrinswand

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, OP, but you should play Tribes Ascend. It. Is. Awesome.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

That may have less to do with you, and more to do with playing a bunch of games in a very derivative space.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

What does your waning interest in games have to do with free to play games? You weren't really clear on that...

Anyway, every gamer eventually gets to a point where he feels like he doesn't want to play anymore. So he stops playing for circa a week, and then hops right back in.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By jimi

I burn out every once in a while, just pursue another interest until you feel motivated again. There's no point playing games if you aren't enjoying them.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

good times playing wow. i made some friends in that game.

video game enjoyment come and go. sometimes i take a week break from video games. sometimes you have to do that to get the joy again.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ShaggE

I find that I often enjoy reading/talking/watching things about games more than actually playing them. I still play an unhealthy amount, and I love doing so, but my "finish a game in one sitting because loladdiction" habits are dwindling. (which is a good thing)

Just go with it. Something will grab you sooner or later.

DamianOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DamianOgre

I was trying to say that Free to Play, to me, means far less loyalty to the game. On a second point, on a month to month basis I seem to spend more money on the free to play then i did on wow. On a third note, I'm bored of video games. :(

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It might be worth checking out Guild Wars 2. It doesn't have a recurring monthly fee, but you do have to buy the actual game (there's also a cash shop with typical MMO items that can pretty much be ignored). It at least gives you reason to play, without making you feel like you're wasting money if you don't.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bell_End

surely its possible to get bored with any hobby or interest if thats all you do.

im 35 and for me i only get a few hours a week to play games what with family, work, friends and other interests so i never really get bored with them. and always find my gaming time a pleasure and something i look forward too.

take a break for a little while

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I've got 3 words for you. Guild. Wars. 2.

Majestic_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Majestic_XII

You should give Battlefield Heroes a try!