Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#51  Edited By Little_Socrates

Amazingly, there were so many great games this year that Rock Band 3 might just get pushed out for me, and I'm a fanatic about the RB franchise. 

Right now...for me, it's probably Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Super Meat Boy, but those are both right next to Bayonetta, Vanquish, Red Dead Redemption, StarCraft II, LIMBO, and I still haven't played New Vegas, Dead Rising 2, God of War III, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, the new Layton, the Black Ops online or single player (I got to play with my friends for a couple hours on local splitscreen and Zombies,) or Fable III. Also, my hopeful GOTY, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (it's got no chance, but I'D LOVE IT TO BE THIS GOOD) isn't even out till tomorrow, when I get to lose my life to Ubisoft again. :D

KingLouis51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By KingLouis51

There have been SO many fantastic games this year, and in no particular order my favourites have been:

Heavy Rain
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
God of War III
Rock Band 3
Halo: Reach
Perfect Dark XBLA 
Super Meat Boy

And as I have yet to play Gran Turismo 5, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Fable III, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and GoldenEye 007 Wii, I honestly can't decide what my Game of the Year 2010 is just yet.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Seppli

Singleplayer: Mass Effect 2
Multiplayer: Battlefield : Bad Company 2

That'd be my picks. I'm roughly 500 hours into BF:BC 2's multiplayer (add to that 200 hours of PS3 Beta Playtime to a total of 700 hours if you will) with lots of hours more to come when Map Pack 7 and the Vietnam Expansion hit. Mass Effect 2 has been played through 3 times already and there's at least one more playthrough to come before ME3 hits. Just love everything about that game, even the Planet Probing... even if it's just an excuse to listen to more lengthy podcasts like Talkradar and the Giantbombcast and the League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen.

I'm more of a multiplayer guy these days, so BF:BC 2 would win ultimately take the cake.

Runners Up: Star Craft 2 and Red Dead Redemption
Surprise Hit: Darksiders

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By ShaneDev

I couldn't really choose between them so single player it would be Red Dead and Mass Effect 2 and multiplayer would be BF:BC 2 and Halo Reach. 

On the subject of Giantbombs GOTY I would imagine it will be Mass Effect 2 as its the one they all already agree is awesome and have all played. The user GOTY will probably be same.     

I hope I can actually listen to the podcast this year since the last time it was all messed up and I would not be bothered to listen it.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By tracerace11

While I do think that either Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2 will win,  I want to hear the guys talk about the other games, and see if they had more fun  with a game like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Starcraft 2, Halo:  Reach, Super Meat Boy,  or possibly Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. 
Eaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Eaten

Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite game of 2010

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Tortoise

I am sure ME2 will win, and I totally support that, but I'd like to see Bayonetta get some more coverage out of this year's lists. It was awesome and there must be a sequel.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Master_Funk

Its definitely  between RDR and mass effect 2. 

I think Jeff is being a little stubborn about not playing red dead though. I mean , he can' t have a solid argument against red dead if he didn't play all the way through . I really don't get why hes so anti red dead for considering he loved GTA 4. Maybe he just hates cowboys

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By ch3burashka
@mfpantst said:
" I'll wait until the year has completed thank you. "
Not much else is coming out, though, unless I'm forgetting something. And yes, I know GT5 is coming, I simply don't care.