Game sequels that never should have been made.

• 106 results
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Ghostiet
@fistfulofmetal said:

" how the fuck has no one said Devil May Cry 2. SHAKE MY HEAD "

There's no such game. I thought everyone already established that. It's like with Leisure Suit Larry - they made 3 after 1.

Also - probably Kane & Lynch: Dog Days if we're talking about games that are not released yet. The first game was balls, so I can't tell why the fuck people make sequels to bad games (although this line of thinking created Killzone 2. Which is amazing).

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By CountRockula

Kind of disappointed to see that so many people here hated FF X-2.  I didn't play through the whole thing, but what I did play I enjoyed significantly more than FF X.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Ghostiet said:

Also - probably Kane & Lynch: Dog Days if we're talking about games that are not released yet. The first game was balls, so I can't tell why the fuck people make sequels to bad games (although this line of thinking created Killzone 2. Which is amazing).

"
Kane & Lynch 1 mainly felt unfinished.  Anyone who played it has to agree.  There were some questionable sections of the game as well but those probably were again as a result of a rush.  Considering IO's track record also, I'm sure they could have made a great game.  It's not like we're dealing with a bad or unproven studio.

Going by all that logic, Kane and Lynch 2 has the chance to be an excellent game, and the teaser stuff has been really cool.  You have to think, after a pretty weak first game and all the controversy around it, why would IO be sticking with K&L unless they felt they could make a quality game?  Such a great studio has my benefit of the doubt.  I'm actually looking forward to K&L 2 a whole lot.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ghostiet
@nukesniper said:
" I've heard from a few people that KOTOR2 was better than KOTOR1. I have never looked into this myself, but I probably trust the giantbomb community more at this point. Should I not play KOTOR 2 ever? "

You should. It does not feature Bastila Shan for more than a minute, and that's automatic win.

@twhalen said:

" Thief: Deadly Shadows. The first two Thief games had complex, large scale level design that was ahead of its time. Each also had an engrossing, dark atmosphere, moody cut scenes, and well told stories. Deadly Shadows had none of that... it could have been a great game, it had some interesting ideas- but too many technical flaws and poor design decisions held it back.  "

You're joking, right? Deadly Shadows has an amazing, polished story. Speak whatever about the rest, but the plot I will defend. To the fucking ground.

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: The problem with Kane & Lynch is that it's a very illconceived project. The whole story, the characters, the atmosphere made me dislike the game from the start, which made its flaws look bigger than they were. That's what killed that game for me. People said that K&L was Michael Mann's and Quentin Tarantino's video game baby, with the Coen brothers as the godparents. I say none of these people actually seen a single movie from those fine directors.

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ghostiet said:

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: The problem with Kane & Lynch is that it's a very illconceived project. The whole story, the characters, the atmosphere made me dislike the game from the start, which made its flaws look bigger than they were. That's what killed that game for me. People said that K&L was Michael Mann's and Quentin Tarantino's video game baby, with the Coen brothers as the godparents. I say none of these people actually seen a single movie from those fine directors.

"
You apparently don't like the only things I really liked about K&L so I'm not sure where to go from there.  To me it was Micheal Mann meets IO Interactive.  If you've played the Hitman games it had that vibe albeit with more colorful main characters.

Looks like the characterization is only getting better in the sequel too from the early trailers.  Either way I wouldn't count out a studio like IO.  If they are sticking with K&L they probably feel like they have something to prove.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@Izaak said:
" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
" God of War 2 and 3 Bioshock 2 Forza 3 "
I have to disagree with you on Forza 3, that game is so much more accessible, better looking and customisable than Forza 2.  It's not a bad game at all, and I can see no reasons why it shouldn't have been made.  "
how is it better customizable? it has less rims, and less bodykits than forza 2... please...
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ghostiet

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: It lacked the pacing and most importantly the visuals and style of a Mann movie. Hitman was much closer to that climate in my opinion, including a protagonist that you don't know shit about, but is actually extremely likeable (like Tom Cruise was in Collateral, James Caan in Thief or Farrel and Foxx in Miami Vice), so the bigger was my disappointment with K&L.

Still, the multiplayer was a rad idea. Really, really good one. The SP can be balls, if they fix the technical stuff in the sequel and leave that multiplayer mode, I may buy it.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Oni

Yeah, Deus Ex 2. Though not so much a case of "this game should never have had a sequel" as it is "why did they mess up everything great about the first game?"

roach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By roach

Guitar Hero 5 shouldn't have been made cos unlike GH World Tour or Metallica, 5 has a totally bullshit setlist.  

EDIT: Also Saints Row 2. Story is poorly told, gameplay is bland and graphics are craptastic.

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ghostiet said:
"

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: It lacked the pacing and most importantly the visuals and style of a Mann movie. Hitman was much closer to that climate in my opinion, including a protagonist that you don't know shit about, but is actually extremely likeable (like Tom Cruise was in Collateral, James Caan in Thief or Farrel and Foxx in Miami Vice), so the bigger was my disappointment with K&L.

Still, the multiplayer was a rad idea. Really, really good one. The SP can be balls, if they fix the technical stuff in the sequel and leave that multiplayer mode, I may buy it.

"
How do you possibly apply the pacing of a movie to an action videogame?  Not really possible, would have to been only a couple of shootouts or something, but I agree on visuals (although, again, that can be tough to do).  I feel like all that inspiration stuff was overblown and it did feel much more IO to me than anything.

The MP was really cool, I agree on that.  I'm sure they'll have some stuff in store there, but I think you may be pleasantly surprised with the game as a whole (not that I've seen anything more than you have, but I'm just a big fan and believer in IO and think they got a raw deal on K&L)
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By zombie2011

Anything after Socom 2.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Brunchies

Any Star Fox game after Star Fox 64.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ghostiet
@Stephen_Von_Cloud: Ever played an Uncharted game? Perfect example of how to achieve movie-like pacing in a video game. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By penguindust

All Tomb Raiders between TR2 and TR: Anniversary.
Most Dynasty Warriors games...especially the Gundam ones
Mercenaries II
Perfect Dark Zero
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II ~ did anyone really want this?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#65  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Final Fantasy XII - What a complete load of tosh that was.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By vidiot
@Jeust said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @Jeust said:
"Silent Hill 5, though some people liked it. "
Homecoming? I enjoyed it, but wouldn't be heartbroken if it decided to just not exist. "
I believe so, but there are people that really enjoyed it. Even so, the game is a blemish on what was done before. "
I would choose Homecoming over Silent Hill 4 for sure. Not at all a "blemish", but quite decent when compared to the rest of the series. Not the best, but defiantly not the worst.

A certain editor on 1up made a connection between the battle system of FFX2 and FFXIII, he immediately had to justify himself because the sheer notion of FFX2 turns people's brains to mush. What's funny is how good the underlying mechanics for that game is, it's technically a souped-up job system with a battle system that emphasized on quick reactions and combo's. It was fun.

But I don't fault anyone overlooking that and being turned off with...well...everything else in the game. Most certainly not the sequel anyone was looking forward too. 

@fistfulofmetal said:
" how the fuck has no one said Devil May Cry 2. SHAKE MY HEAD "
Didn't they state that DMC2 isn't even cannon or something? I know the entire team that worked on the first DMC, had nothing to do with it's sequel. I remember renting this thing from BlockBuster and being thoroughly disappointed. 

I thought I read someone put Dragon Quest VIII somewhere in this thread. 
I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.
LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By LeetBalla

Well what is the criteria for a game that shouldn't have had a sequel? Most of the users replying to this topic are pointing out games whose sequels were not good or not as good as the first. I think if we are going to evaluate a game that should or should not have a sequel we need to look at if the first game's story was self contained enough that it stands on its own. For example, the only way to make a sequel to Bioshock with the way the story is told and finished in that game is to make a prequel.  

I personally think that game story telling is too much like the way a TV series tells its story, in that, most of the writers keep throwing in plot twist and new storyline threads just for the purpose of lengthening how many seasons it can go while keeping people interested. Movies, most of the good ones, have a specific story to tell in two hours such as No Country for Old Men or Bladerunner. Battlestar Galactica is the perfect example of how to do a TV series. The creators had a specific story they wanted to tell and only planned for the show to last three or four seasons. Game stories need to be more like this.  

The game I do not think should have a direct sequel is Batman Arkham Asylum. Maybe if they handle it as a separate isolated scenario that would work (like James Bond), but creating a sequel to the events of Arkham Asylum makes me skeptical. The story from Arkham Asylum is too self contained and isolated, along with the two different endings you can get make it weird. 

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ghostiet said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud: Ever played an Uncharted game? Perfect example of how to achieve movie-like pacing in a video game.  "

Uncharted 2 is very cinematic and about as movie like as games can get, I agree with that, but in regards to Mann's style I don't see it really applying to a video game or working that well in a video game was my only point.  His cinematorgraphy and use of music is outstanding, I just don't think it quite works, but I'm sure they could aim for it somewhat if they wanted.  Again though, I think that has always been overblown.  I think the set pieces in K&L were inspired by movies, the escape in Japan clearly being inspired by HEAT, but I don't think the aim was ever to make a Mann movie.

K&L 2 seems to be delivered in a style all its own, through what they call user generated media.  The teasers have been through security cams and that kind of thing, so I think they're not aiming for a movie like feel in the sequel at all.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Synchronatic said:
Bioshock 2 "
This.  The videos I've seen, including that recent 10 minute one from looki.de, show that the gameplay hasn't evolved much, nor has the world.  It looks the same and plays only marginally differently, so why bother?  Did they do it to offer multiplay? A sequel needs to be either an externsion with more to do for a reason or a total reworking of the previous game to make it worthwhile otherwise it just seems like a cash-in.  This is what Bioshock 2 looks like to me.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ghostiet
@Stephen_Von_Cloud: I know it wasn't made to mimick it - I am just recalling how people were hyping the atmosphere and character of that game from thin air.
Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Vod_Crack

Perfect Dark Zero definitely. Horrendous follow-up.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By ez123

BIoshock 2 is in such a weird situation.  The combat looks better and it seems great but it still shouldn't exist.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JokerClown88

Kane and Lynch 2 

(see what I did there?)
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By WinterSnowblind

NiGHTS: Whatever the Wii version was called. 

@Vod_Crack said:

" Perfect Dark Zero definitely. Horrendous follow-up. "

I thought Zero was okay for a launch game.  Single player was extremely broken, story was butchered and very un-fun at times, but the main problem is that they tried to make it too much like the classic Perfect Dark / Goldeneye, perhaps the backlash from the outdated structure here is why Nuts & Bolts was so radically different?  And the game obviously suffered from the shifted development, going from the Gamecube, to Xbox to 360.  But the multiplayer was enjoyable.

At least as good as Resistance, in my opinion.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#75  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@nukesniper said:
" @ArbitraryWater said:
"  I'll start with an obvious one: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II. While the plot of KotOR 1 was admittedly a straightforward and somewhat predictable affair, it felt like Star Wars and was still interesting enough to keep me engaged (admittedly I was 12 or 13 when it came out so take that as you may). KotOR 2 however, has a confusing and poorly told story that lacked certain things. Like an ending. It also shipped buggy as hell with wide swaths of incomplete and obviously removed content, which appearently has been restored (and probably still wouldn't change my opinion on the game a whole lot). "
I've heard from a few people that KOTOR2 was better than KOTOR1. I have never looked into this myself, but I probably trust the giantbomb community more at this point. Should I not play KOTOR 2 ever?  My candidate for worst sequel: Zelda: Majora's Mask (I just couldn't stand that game, and comparing it to Ocarina makes it look like crap) "
You should play it once and see for yourself. Admittedly they managed to polish a lot of the gameplay up (with stuff like the influence system and making there be a reason to use security and demolition), but the story.... ugh. Left a bad taste in mine and a lot of other people's mouths (when you need a damn wiki to figure out what happened the developer loses), but some people like it for reasons I cannot understand. Even if Obsidian had bothered to finish the game it would still be worse than its predecessor. My one caveat? HK-47 is perhaps even more hilarious than he was in KotOR 1. Every other party member in that game (with perhaps the exceptions of the psychotic wookee and the torture droid) can go to hell.

As for Majora's Mask, I think it should exist, if only to exemplify why Nintendo hasn't tried anything new with the Zelda franchise since then. They got burned, plain and simple.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By thecleric
@natetodamax said:

" Bioshock 2....................... "

@PenguinDust said: 

" Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II ~ did anyone really want this? "

Lots of people. It's one of the few games set in Star Wars times, outside of the Old Republic, that's competently made. It's Star Wars, unless they bring back Tie Fighter, that's the best we're gonna get.
nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By nukesniper
@ArbitraryWater said:
" @nukesniper said:
" @ArbitraryWater said:
"  I'll start with an obvious one: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II. While the plot of KotOR 1 was admittedly a straightforward and somewhat predictable affair, it felt like Star Wars and was still interesting enough to keep me engaged (admittedly I was 12 or 13 when it came out so take that as you may). KotOR 2 however, has a confusing and poorly told story that lacked certain things. Like an ending. It also shipped buggy as hell with wide swaths of incomplete and obviously removed content, which appearently has been restored (and probably still wouldn't change my opinion on the game a whole lot). "
I've heard from a few people that KOTOR2 was better than KOTOR1. I have never looked into this myself, but I probably trust the giantbomb community more at this point. Should I not play KOTOR 2 ever?  My candidate for worst sequel: Zelda: Majora's Mask (I just couldn't stand that game, and comparing it to Ocarina makes it look like crap) "
You should play it once and see for yourself. Admittedly they managed to polish a lot of the gameplay up (with stuff like the influence system and making there be a reason to use security and demolition), but the story.... ugh. Left a bad taste in mine and a lot of other people's mouths (when you need a damn wiki to figure out what happened the developer loses), but some people like it for reasons I cannot understand. Even if Obsidian had bothered to finish the game it would still be worse than its predecessor. My one caveat? HK-47 is perhaps even more hilarious than he was in KotOR 1. Every other party member in that game (with perhaps the exceptions of the psychotic wookee and the torture droid) can go to hell.

As for Majora's Mask, I think it should exist, if only to exemplify why Nintendo hasn't tried anything new with the Zelda franchise since then. They got burned, plain and simple. "
Alright, I might not count KOTOR 2 completely out, but I'm certainly not going to try to hard to get my hands on it. 

Fair point on Majora as well. I was very happy that it went back to a better quality game once it moved on to Twilight Princess and stuff.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By thecleric
@ArbitraryWater said:
" @nukesniper said:
" @ArbitraryWater said:

As for Majora's Mask, I think it should exist, if only to exemplify why Nintendo hasn't tried anything new with the Zelda franchise since then. They got burned, plain and simple. "
Got burned how? A lot of people consider Majora's Mask their favorite Zelda. Are these the same people who hated Wind Waker? Link's not some super cool bishi teen, so it's an issue? 
If any Zelda shouldn't exist, it's Twilight Princess. Ugly, dull, been there done that all over the place.
riffingt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#79  Edited By riffingt0n

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within

Such a shame to throw away all the charm the Sands of Time game brought to its storytelling.

TK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TK
@Fragstoff said:
"the Xbox 360 "

Hater Alert 

On Topic: Devil May Cry 2
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vidiot
@riffingt0n said:

" Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within  Such a shame to throw away all the charm the Sands of Time game brought to its storytelling. "

While were at it, can we nominate the recently announced Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands?

Not only is the series ditching the fantastic world they made last year, but were revisiting The Sands of Time Trilogy, a rare game trilogy that competently ended.
Not only that, but the game will be a side-story between Sands of Timeand Warrior Within, finally giving us the untold story of how the franchise lost itself. 
I mean seriously, who want's to find out how the Prince became a swearing unlikable bastard for the following sequel?
SteveMason99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By SteveMason99

Spyro and Crash!! When they hit the PS2 they both went completely downhill. I can quite happily play the old PS1 versions, but the new ones, especially the ones on the 360, make me want to knife my face and set my a** on fire.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#83  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@thecleric: It's more an issue of Majora's Mask under performing, both critically and commercially, and less to do with my opinion. I understand why people like it (although I completely disagree), but enough people didn't like it that Nintendo decided to play it safe with the two most recent installments, which is why the franchise is the way it is now (i.e. In need of fresh air)

And yeah, I kind of agree with your sentiment on Twilight Princess, which comes back to my initial point that Majora's Mask should at least be respected for trying something different, even though it wasn't the most popular game in the series.
labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By labam89
@vidiot said:
I mean seriously, who want's to find out how the Prince became a swearing unlikable bastard for the following sequel? "
I do.
SailorRaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SailorRaine

Red Faction Guerrilla.  No story (of any sense) you just blow stuff up.  I'd rather would have had a normal Red Faction 3. 

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Steve_C

I'm in the minority and actually quite liked FF X-2. Though I imagine my affinity for that world plays a part, FFX being my favourite game, but I enjoyed 'game' parts of it more than in VIII and XII. I 100%'d that game lol.

While the story is a bit disappointing, it's pretty refreshing to play, as long as you're man enough to get past all the girl-power shit. The battle system was pretty cool being able to chain combos and having extra wait times for spells and such. They also brought back the job system from FF V making it more modern... and awesome. It felt much more involving than most FF games. Having the whole world accessible from the get go and playing through the game in a mostly non-linear way was also interesting, though I do prefer a linear story for the most part. At points it also had a really great, dark atmosphere to it, and the music was also pretty good.

It's a fascinating game on the whole when I think back to it, and all the negativity perplexes me.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By handlas

Mrs. Pacman
Pacman 2

Dungeonbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dungeonbuster
@vidiot said:
" @riffingt0n said:

" Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within  Such a shame to throw away all the charm the Sands of Time game brought to its storytelling. "

While were at it, can we nominate the recently announced Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands?

Not only is the series ditching the fantastic world they made last year, but were revisiting The Sands of Time Trilogy, a rare game trilogy that competently ended.
Not only that, but the game will be a side-story between Sands of Timeand Warrior Within, finally giving us the untold story of how the franchise lost itself. 
I mean seriously, who want's to find out how the Prince became a swearing unlikable bastard for the following sequel? "
Funny how the game comes out in the same month that the movie is supposed to.

As for unnecessary sequels, another hit for Deus Ex 2. Two words: universal ammo.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By baconbits33
@EpicSteve said:
" Mercenaries 2 "
This, they didn't do anything new except create a damn timer for your missions..... which took away the actual feel of being in control of your environment...
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#90  Edited By Jeust
@vidiot said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Abyssfull said:
" @Jeust said:
"Silent Hill 5, though some people liked it. "
Homecoming? I enjoyed it, but wouldn't be heartbroken if it decided to just not exist. "
I believe so, but there are people that really enjoyed it. Even so, the game is a blemish on what was done before. "
I would choose Homecoming over Silent Hill 4 for sure. Not at all a "blemish", but quite decent when compared to the rest of the series. Not the best, but defiantly not the worst.

A certain editor on 1up made a connection between the battle system of FFX2 and FFXIII, he immediately had to justify himself because the sheer notion of FFX2 turns people's brains to mush. What's funny is how good the underlying mechanics for that game is, it's technically a souped-up job system with a battle system that emphasized on quick reactions and combo's. It was fun.

But I don't fault anyone overlooking that and being turned off with...well...everything else in the game. Most certainly not the sequel anyone was looking forward too. "
I liked more Silent Hill 4 than Homecoming. Despite having disconnected level design, it had a amazing original story. I didn't felt that with Homecoming. There is there a missing Team Silent touch. 

Also some of Silent Hill 4 enemies were really creepy, unlike the monsters of Homecoming.
citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By citizenjp

Dragon Ball Z fighting games.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ThomasP

All of the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest spin-offs. The Crystal Chronicles series and Tactics serve their purpose well, but there are just so many more spin-offs. They should focus on more new IP's like The World Ends With You.

towly177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By towly177

Halo 3... and Halo 2

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jeffsekai

Bioshock 2

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#96  Edited By sopranosfan
@EpicSteve said:
" Mercenaries 2 "
This
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#97  Edited By Whisperkill
@ArbitraryWater: KOTOR 2 was better than KOTOR 1 in my opinion. Better characters and better gameplay. Plus it had the unique character influence system from Dragon Age.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#98  Edited By Brendan
@thecleric said:
"@natetodamax said:

@PenguinDust said: 

Lots of people. It's one of the few games set in Star Wars times, outside of the Old Republic, that's competently made. It's Star Wars, unless they bring back Tie Fighter, that's the best we're gonna get. "

I would have to contradict you there, good sir, with the words Jedi Knight.  Outcast is regarded by many as the best jedi-centric Star Wars game ever, and features more in-depth lightsaber combat than the arcadey Force Unleashed. 
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By thecleric
@Brendan said:
" @thecleric said:
"@natetodamax said:

@PenguinDust said: 

Lots of people. It's one of the few games set in Star Wars times, outside of the Old Republic, that's competently made. It's Star Wars, unless they bring back Tie Fighter, that's the best we're gonna get. "
I would have to contradict you there, good sir, with the words Jedi Knight.  Outcast is regarded by many as the best jedi-centric Star Wars game ever, and features more in-depth lightsaber combat than the arcadey Force Unleashed.  "
That's great if it is more well looked upon, but it didn't sell near as well, there's a reason they don't make those anymore. Force Unleashed sold well, it had the budget, and you're lying to yourself if you don't think Force Unleashed is just the progression of the Jedi Knight series. Force Unleashed is the highest selling Star Wars game ever, I doubt Academy or Outcast come close to it in sales.
Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#100  Edited By Captain_Insano

Agree with Bioshock 2 and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

also I'm going to put Farcry 2 out there.