Game Suggestions for my non-gamer Mother.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My Mother recently retired after working around 30 years as a doctor. She and my Father have moved into a little house they've been building up north for years. This home is perfect for my dad (it's his home town basically) whereas my mother is a city girl, born and raised in New York City.

I've always felt bad that she's stuck in this little town in the middle of Nowhere Northern Maine, with not much to do. She reads a lot, loves classical music, watches TV and the like, but I've always wanted to find some videogames that she could enjoy. I've had limited success in the past with iPhone games. She liked Threes and Candy Crush, but didn't stick with them. She also liked HQ Trivia more recently.

My hope for this post: To find some accessible games my Mother could play while she enjoys a well-deserved retirement in Podunk nowhere.

Mobile games are probably gonna be our best bet, she uses her phone a bunch. But their household also has an Xbox One cause my dad occasionally plays games. I can't see her handling a controller super well, but a Peggle or something might work.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Free would be an easier sell, but if I think she'll like it i'm open to purchasing some.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nutter

Device 6 is my one and only go-to phone game.

It’s story based, largely read, but you travel through the pages and solve mysteries in some pretty intuitive ways.

I don’t know if it’s truly original or if it aped its mechanics from elsewhere, but I absolutely loved it.

It sounds like a good gateway, which may be what you’re after.

EDIT: Looks like The Witness is on iPhone, too...they both suck you in and leave you taking notes, without requiring much gaming language knowledge.

LAST EDIT: Oxenfree is on mobile, too. That came to mind as Oxenfree, Device 6, and The Witness are all games where you’ll want some pen and paper on hand...

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd suggest some word games like whirly word, jumbline, or typeshift. I think they are free and are aimed at the casual crowd. My mom plays those and she is not typically one who plays the vidya games.