Games for Halloween

• 49 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

What are your gaming plans for Halloween?

Share with us!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Posting that Walking Dead blog I wrote this May?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By spraynardtatum

I'm thinking about starting up Amnesia: Machine for Pigs. I just finished Outlast this week. Also I have popped in Undead Nightmare for the past 2 years so I might do that too.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing too Halloweeny. Maybe some GTA Online if it actually works properly and Halo 3 if my friend is on. Some Pokemon as well because I'll finally be upgrading to a 3DS XL soon.

Also Halloween is my Birthday, so all those games will be accompanied by cake.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Candy Crush.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

Yup

No Caption Provided

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hatking

I've revisited a little Dead Space. I replayed it and Dead Space 2 last year. I was planning on it again this year, but I don't think I have it in me again. I mean, at this point I'm just running through the games executing anything that steps in my way. I have all the jumps memorized, but if that weren't enough I also have all the weapons fully upgraded. Plus Dead Space 3 looks so unappealing that it kind of took the wind out of my sails for the whole franchise. Maybe that's weird to say. I should probably give it a chance.

I just went and had a little bit of a romp in Undead Nightmare. Man, that might be the best DLC released this generation. Certainly up there. They fucking nail that style. Unfortunately I did all there is to do in that game a while back. It's fun to go have a peak around, it's been well over a year since I've played it according to the save screen, but ultimately there isn't much left to see.

I bought Costume Quest on sale last year, played it for a few minutes and that was it. Maybe I'll go give that another shake. I love the idea of that game, and the aesthetic is charming as fuck. But something about it just didn't click with me, and it felt kind of measured and a little boring.

You'd think they'd be running some sort of Halloween sale. I believe PSN EU is, but even if that were applicable to me, I think the list was mostly stuff I've already experience. Hell, I don't know. I've been watching horror films all month, maybe that'll be it for me this year. A little disappointing.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just had the epiphany that I still haven't finish The Last of Us despite having bought back when it came out. I guess that applies. Maybe I'll finally give that a shot (he says knowing full well the odds of that are very, very low).

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust

Titles for halloween for me:

• Planescape Torment
  • Painkiller
  • Dementium: The Ward
  • Lone Survivor
kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kedi2

I just started Condemned 2 last night and it's really fun, but I haven't been scared by it yet. I also noticed that Resident Evil 6 was only $8 on Amazon so I decided to get that because I need to see that train wreck for myself. I similarly ordered Dead Space 3 (for $23) along with it to get the order over $25 and qualify for free shipping. I fully expect to hate RE 6, but I think I'll be able to get some enjoyment out of Dead Space.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was planning on playing Undead Nightmare, the dlc for RDR. I bought it years ago but was never in the mood to play it. Maybe Beyond if I decide to buy that.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeust

@kedi2 said:

I just started Condemned 2 last night and it's really fun, but I haven't been scared by it yet. I also noticed that Resident Evil 6 was only $8 on Amazon so I decided to get that because I need to see that train wreck for myself. I similarly ordered Dead Space 3 (for $23) along with it to get the order over $25 and qualify for free shipping. I fully expect to hate RE 6, but I think I'll be able to get some enjoyment out of Dead Space.

Start RE6 with Leon's Campaign. It was a throwback to the old Resident Evil games.

Sajorij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Fatal Frame 2 and Echo Night Beyond for the first time.

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume Quest is the only game I want to play.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Im thinking of taking that week off, or at least part of that week. But Guild Wars 2, probably not the event though, because that will probably be level 80 content, and i like lower levels. A bunch of adventure games, like Still life 1, and 2, Scratches, Dead Mountaineers Hotel ( Although that one is going to be hell to get through because its so monotoneus). And The Witcher 2.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@sajorij said:

Playing Fatal Frame 2 and Echo Night Beyond for the first time.

Echo Night Beyond is Great, innovative gameplay, even for today's standards.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If I pick up GTA V then I will play that. If not then it'll be Star Wars: The Old Republic.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By ilikepopcans

Papers, Please

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I already played through outlast when it came out, so all that's left is to finally go through Amnesia A machine for Pigs. I've been saving it just for Halloween.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Halloween tradition is to play through all 3 Blair Witch Games and Nocturne.

And for some odd reason on New Years I like to play through all my Close Combat games.

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Far Cry 3 for Halloween.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Freshbandito

@hatking: I felt the same way about dead space 3 but gave it a chance thanks to that humble bundle. something does indeed feel a bit off and fighting regular dudes is close to awful with the dead space controls (you don't do this often at all so far in my experience) but it does still feel like dead space in a way that worked for me as a big fan of the first two games. If you can get it cheap I'd say give it a chance, it has some useless bells and whistles and being outside feels weird but it hits the marks to keep a fan satisfied but not blown away.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm thinking about inviting some friends over for a Resident Evil 2 endurance run on Halloween night. One of them is easily scared too, which should make it really fun.

Maybe I'll play some Castlevania IV too. That's a good Halloween game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont have any laid out plans really. All I'll say is The Wolf Among Us is a really fitting game to be released at this time of year. It doesn't take place during halloween, nor does it inherantly 'feel' halloweenish (not autumn, and no orange), but the subject matter of fairytail characters/monsters fits in really well.

Eqtriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking: I felt the same way about dead space 3 but gave it a chance thanks to that humble bundle. something does indeed feel a bit off and fighting regular dudes is close to awful with the dead space controls (you don't do this often at all so far in my experience) but it does still feel like dead space in a way that worked for me as a big fan of the first two games. If you can get it cheap I'd say give it a chance, it has some useless bells and whistles and being outside feels weird but it hits the marks to keep a fan satisfied but not blown away.

Maybe I'll give it a shot. I saw the ultimate edition was on sale on PSN for, like, $40. But I'm not sure I'm willing to dive in just that hard. Heck, I never did any of the DLC for 2, and I loved that one. I think I saw a used copy somewhere for $14. If I come across that again, maybe I'll pick it up.

Also, the winter planet gives me a total The Thing vibe, so I'm mostly okay with the environment change.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

introducing my friends to Zombies Ate My Neighbors

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls, Castlevania SOTN, and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably going to watch the remake of carrie, and watch urban legend vids like these...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably watch some horror movies

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I had a whole list planned out with some chosen specifically for Halloween Night, but then I went and finished all of them early.

I'll probably be prepping for a month of writing on that day anyhow.

Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

@web_war4 said:

Costume Quest is the only game I want to play.

same here, was such a good game to play for halloween. played it on the 360 a few years back, maybe ill grab it on ps3 and play again lol. besides that i played infamous: festival of blood and wolf among us so far, and i guess i did go through halloween town while playing kingdom hearts so maybe that counts?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Left 4 Dead 2. As usual.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thatdutchguy

Dark Souls and Silent Hill.

Maybe Siren : blood curse

Avatar image for purplemoustache
PurpleMoustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having blown through Twin Peaks this summer, I'm sitting down and watching Eraserhead and maybe another David Lynch flick during Halloween + Friday and its weekend.

Also starting up Deadly Premonition Steam (have never played it, and seen very little of it, so I am very excited), play some Yume Nikki, Home (that horror game Patrick did a dumptruck about its iPhone release), and whatever small freeware horror game passes me by.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Deadly Premonition for sure! Also I've been fiddling with the STALKER games again for my own personal benefit. Aside from that maybe the Suffering/Fatal Frame. I mean, those are my customary go to games for halloweens.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yup

No Caption Provided

I enjoyed Tony Hawk's American Nightmare more.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eqtriz said:

Going to revisit "Last Half of Darkness". Always scared me when i was a kid.

Thank you sooo much!

I have been looking for this game for years! I had it when I was a kid too, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called. I have googled "haunted house two girls hand clapping vampire attack you adventure game" because that's all I can really remember.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sadly all I can fit in before Halloween is finishing Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice and a touch of the annual TF2 Halloween event.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#42  Edited By Wemibelle

I'm not really sure yet. My first thought was to play through Shattered Memories again in its entirety, maybe adding Silent HIll 2 in for some fun. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream could also be an option, as I've never played that before. Will probably depend on how I feel that day, or if I come up with any other ideas.

mattschwabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently playing through Dead Rising 2 (pretty unsatisfied about 5-6 hours in) Costume Quest and starting my second Alan Wake playthrough hopefully later today. Would like to also complete Grubbins on Ice and all the Alan Wake DLC which I've never gotten to before.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey said:

Yup

No Caption Provided

I enjoyed Tony Hawk's American Nightmare more.

I dunno, having to do sick grinds on all the enemies before you could shoot them got a little old after a while.

(I might actually have to check this out at some point, really enjoyed Alan Wake but never got around to the DLC or nothin).

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna play DND at a friends then try to finish Doom 3 BFG

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thoseposers

I'm considering picking up The Walking Dead 400 Days or maybe The Wolf Among us to get into the spirit, would anyone who has played them say they're totally worth it? I've played through the rest of the walking dead so far and enjoyed it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I actually recently finished Doom 3 for the third time ever, though not because it's October. I just felt like playing it again.

I've never really been big into horror things, though. "Space-horror", i.e. everything influenced by Alien, is the exception. Otherwise I tend to shy away from anything horror.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume Quest for shorely. It does an incredible job of recreating what it feels like to be a kid on Halloween.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

I actually recently finished Doom 3 for the third time ever, though not because it's October. I just felt like playing it again.

I've never really been big into horror things, though. "Space-horror", i.e. everything influenced by Alien, is the exception. Otherwise I tend to shy away from anything horror.

Do the versions of DOom and Doom 2 have achievements? I recally brad saying one of them gave marine armour for avatars.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By Justin258

@the_laughing_man said:

@believer258 said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Do the versions of DOom and Doom 2 have achievements? I recally brad saying one of them gave marine armour for avatars.

The Steam version has achievements for Doom 1 and 2. If I'm not mistaken, the Xbox version of the BFG edition includes the XBLA versions of Doom 1 and 2, so I think you'll get an achievements list for each Doom game, with Doom 3 getting a full 1000 and one and 2 getting 200 each. Again, I think.

EDIT: And I have no clue about the PS3 version.