• 55 results
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

A couple months ago I beat BioShock for the first time. Yes, I know, I was very late to that party, but I did enjoy it quite a bit, and feel sufficiently prepared for BioShock: Infinite. However, I did find that my enjoyment of the story was very much lessened by me knowing the twist that occurs 2/3s into the game. It didn't ruin the game for me, but the story doesn't stick out in my mind as much as say KotOR, because the twists in that game came from completely left field. 

Anyways, to my point, what games have been spoiled for you, and did they affect your overall enjoyment of the game?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

=( KOTOR, I don't know how much it affected my enjoyment, but I really would have liked to know my reaction to that part.

I'm glad no one spoiled Bioshock for me though.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By phrosnite

The twist in KotOR...

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Grissefar

Red Dead got counterspoiled for me. When a guy made a thread about which 3 friendly people die in the end, I thought I had been spoiled. I was lucky to find out that it was all a lie, because as we all know, only one friendly person dies in the end.

Yakuza 4 was also mindly spoiled for me, by the game itself! In the trailer that plays at the start menu, Hamazaki is clearly shown alive, even though he is thought dead after the prison escape. That same trailer shows footage from every single chapter and bossfight in the game too, including the final one, so have caution if you watch it.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By bassman2112

Mass Effect 2 - some near-endgame stuff got spoiled for me, which was kind of a bummer; but I still enjoyed the game. 

I accidentally spoiled some stuff about Dead Space to a friend who I thought had beaten it.

I did, however, manage to stay spoiler-free for Portal 2 for a full month after release! (Bought the PS3 version, PSN went down for that month and waited 'till it returned so I could do my first single-player playthrough on the PC). That was a surprise, haha.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Jazzycola

None that I can think of...if a game is talked about on a podcast I usually don't remember it but I usually avoid any forums and especially spoilercasts on any game I have interest in. Also I should mention if the game really interests me chances are I will already have beat it once the spoilers start rolling out.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I usually spoil things for myself on purpose, It has little impact of my enjoyment of the final product. If it's good enough, it should be good with or without knowing. Same as it should stll be good the 2nd and 3rd time aaround.
vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vitor

LIMBO - considering how short that game is, I saw way too much in trailers/reviews and the GB GOTY awards for 2010. Only just got around to it on PC and the experience has suffered slightly due to the overexposure.

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aceofspudz

Minerva's Den, unfortunately. Still a very enjoyable experience.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wacomole
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I usually spoil things for myself on purpose, It has little impact of my enjoyment of the final product. If it's good enough, it should be good with or without knowing. Same as it should stll be good the 2nd and 3rd time aaround.

The way I look at a game with a story is that I wouldn't pick up a good book for the first time, read the last page to see how it ends and then go back and start from the beginning.
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By I_smell

Someone told me that in Gears 2 Dom turned into a locust at the end... That doesn't actually happen, but I was waiting for it fr the whole game :/

There's SO MANY clues that make it look like he will.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Vexxan

The ending of L.A. Noire got spoiled for me, it even happened in this forum.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@MoleyUK said:
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

The way I look at a game with a story is that I wouldn't pick up a good book for the first time, read the last page to see how it ends and then go back and start from the beginning.

Disagree, an ending is nothing more than the last page. Pick up any works from Cormac Mcarthy, read the last page, or hell - even the last 20 pages, and say the same thing.  

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By galiant

As with so many things in life, the journey is what you should learn to appreciate, not the destination.

EDIT: What I mean by that is that spoilers don't really bother me.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

Alan Wake. Screw you Jeff Cannataaaa!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By rjayb89

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I'm like this. Although I actively avoid spoilers for certain story-oriented games, but in the long run I really don't mind being spoiled because, hopefully, I have a ton of fun playing the games themselves. Hell, I'm reading the first Game of Thrones book and I know what happens because I watched the entirety of the TV show before hand. But you know what? I love how well-written the book is (to me, at least) and it still surprises me how I find it enjoyable even after watching some important events happen in the show and the little differences between them.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten

There's a lot of games that have been spoiled for me, at least the ending but even when it was spoiled the person who spoiled the ending didn't do it any justice since he's not the genious behind the story. So the ending was even more awesome than he could even say because his vocabulary was shit. In the end it's all about the journey though.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By themangalist
@phrosnite said:

The twist in KotOR...

I was reading an FAQ and i went one sentence too far. Fuck. I can never forgive myself.

@Vitor said:

LIMBO - considering how short that game is, I saw way too much in trailers/reviews and the GB GOTY awards for 2010. Only just got around to it on PC and the experience has suffered slightly due to the overexposure.

My experience was Fallout 3. I really really looked toward to playing the game and read way too much (i read the super guide before i played it). It would be MUCH better if I knew nothing about it and experience it to the fullest. Hence I'd do the same for Skyrim. Read nothing.
jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jetsetwillie

i had the twist in KOTOR spoilt but i guess that was my fault for waiting 10 year before playing it. 

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Yanngc33

Bioshock and Red Dead

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend told me about Mass Effect, but luckily he was drunk. He called at three in the morning to tell me about everything while I was half asleep. When I finally got around to playing it I just remembered his drunken conversation and smiled at his half explanations, so it wasn't so much spoiled as it was delightful commentary on the game.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I bought Bioshock over a weekend and I was drinking. I woke up the next day and started playing it only to find out that I have played beyond the twist but couldn't remember doing so. Kinda ruined it for myself once i figure d out who was sending me the messages. Only other time that happened was when I got Fallout 3 and was drinking when I started playing it, wake up next day in the middle of the Wasteland with no idea what I was doing or how I got there. That one was OK, gave it a kind of Hangover feel.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloudenvy

Mass Effect 2 for me!

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SlashDance

Metal Gear Solid. A friend of mine described the whole ending to me. Let's just say we're no longer friends. :p

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LibraryDues

Oddly enough, once I picked up on just how much Mass Effect was aping Babylon 5, just having watched that show felt like spoilers.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By Sooperspy

InFamous 2. Fuck you guy with Joker avatar!

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By themangalist
@Bassman2112 said:
Mass Effect 2 - some near-endgame stuff got spoiled for me, which was kind of a bummer; but I still enjoyed the game.
@Cloudenvy said:

Mass Effect 2 for me!

I don't understand how people could feel bad for having ME2 spoiled for them. ME2 had almost no story... :/
MemphisSlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MemphisSlim

I'm a follower of the philosophy that if a narrative is well-done, it won't matter if the twists and such are spoiled for you since the execution is still worth seeing. 

That said, I'm kinda pissed at how people refuse to title LA Noire topics relating to its ending without a morsel of subtlety. 

*MILD SPOILERS* 

Comparing it to the ending of a certain other R* game or wondering if a sequel was possible pretty much gave it away. 

*END*

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By prestonhedges

Super Mario Bros. for the NES, I can't believe someone gave away that goddamn ending.

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By left4doof

My friend spoiled portal 2 for me. I was not happy .

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By amir90

Red Dead is the only one I remember, but then again, I watched the ending myself with them :o

powerpc127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By powerpc127

Bioshock (sorta), KotOR, and Heavy Rain. Oddly enough, I've beaten none of them.

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FluffyZombeh

Girlfriend sent me a text while we were playing co-op Portal 2 together.   It flat out said the major plot points and basically spoiled it for me. Hell it was a great game to play single player and co-op even though she spoiled it for me.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By BoG

Metal Gear Solid 4, before it was even released. Gamespot was hit with a to of spoiling trolls, all revealing key plot points in topic titles. I tried to avoid any danger, but failed. I saw (spoiler...) "Ocelot was faking it!" and other things in the recently created topics section. I thought it had to be a joke. Nope.
SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SlightConfuse

i think heavy rain was spoiled but i have not played it yet so i don't know

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GJSmitty

The Evil ending of inFAMOUS 2, from a top rated comment on a video showing the good ending, which I watched again after beating it.

Shitballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shitballs

Red Dead, however it turned out to be postive for me since i thought the game had ended, the spoiler was... it hadn't.

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

I spoil things for myself, I read an faq then get too curious for my own good. :/

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Malphye

Though I don't really care if a game is spoiled for me, Infamous was the last game that I can think of.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I've had plenty, but Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood sucked the most. Some idiot just posted the ending on Facebook.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By redbliss

Lots of people saying KotOR. Kind of makes me want to play the game.

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By liquid3600

Went out of my way to read the Wikipedia synopsis and watch YouTube videos of Portal 2 cause I was sick of everyone calling it Game of the Year the day they finished it. 

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shadows_kill

MGS4 did and some gamespot video review spoiled a game, the reviewer didn't even warn about spoiling it just did it and showed the ending trailer to a game...

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SteamPunkJin

The Collector Reveal in Mass Effect 2 - was attached to a rumor that Illusive Man was a geth, so after the first was confirmed I panicked a bit, thankfully for no reason. 

Somehow I got the end of CastleVania (the new 3D one) spoiled for me and I haven't been able to go back. 

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Gears of War 3, because of some asshole on the website.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock, L.A. Noire, Red Dead, God of War 3.

lazyartist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lazyartist

fallout 3 and peacewalker

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers