Gaming as a Girl

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By JasonR86

I think it's sort of odd to say  'who's got it worse' when it comes to one thing or another.  We're describing an incredibly individualistic concept; how discriminated do 'you' feel? I don't know if how I'm treated is any better or worse then anyone else because that statement comes with the assumption that I can understand exactly how another person feels and I can't as I'm not them.  I can never perceive things the same way a woman does because I'm not a woman.  

So, I guess, I can't comment on how 'gamer girls' are treated because I'm not a girl.  I can say that I try to treat everyone the same.  I treat my friends and family differently from strangers and acquaintances but I try to treat everyone with respect.  I try to talk to men and women the same way.  I try to remember that it doesn't matter who I'm talking to as I should act like a good, nice guy regardless.

Any gamer-on-gamer hate or sexism is a product of a group of lonely individuals who are unsatisfied with themselves.  When I see that I feel sad because I know I'm seeing the comments of a sad, lonely individual.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#202  Edited By Catolf
@Napalm: The only thing close to offensive to me on TV was Spikes Manswers 90% of the time.. G4 to me is fine accept for attack of the show 2% of the time. And thats only because of the exploitation of the girls, Morgan Webb on the other hand If hardly seen sinking so low.. but I suppose that may be because of Adam Sessler.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@Catolf said:
" @Napalm: The only thing close to offensive to me on TV was Spikes Manswers 90% of the time.. G4 to me is fine accept for attack of the show 2% of the time. And thats only because of the exploitation of the girls, Morgan Webb on the other hand If hardly seen sinking so low.. but I suppose that may be because of Adam Sessler. "
I actually kind of like Manswers... >__>

I understand how it might be seen as offensive, but I like that they always make sure to back up all their claims.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By napalm
@Catolf said:
" @Napalm: The only thing close to offensive to me on TV was Spikes Manswers 90% of the time.. G4 to me is fine accept for attack of the show 2% of the time. And thats only because of the exploitation of the girls, Morgan Webb on the other hand If hardly seen sinking so low.. but I suppose that may be because of Adam Sessler. "
I'm pretty sure Morgan Webb is a wife and maybe a mother, paired with her being with TechTV/G4 for ten + years, you're not going to see her degrading herself by deepthroating hot dogs on TV. On the other hand, Olivia Munn is a ditzy, young girl who caught a lucky break on TV and her skills are exclusively making creepy, nerdy boys hunch over on their couches panting heavily and diddling themselves. I don't know. I mean, I like Kevin. It's just weird that he was always at the forefront of this crap in terms of cheering Olivia on, especially when you see what he was like when Attack Of The Show was more tech-focused. I guess it's more a sign of the times, too, considering their programming and personalities.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By wrighteous86
@Napalm: And she is single-handedly making me despise The Daily Show.  Good God who thought that was a good idea?  If you need a replacement woman while Samantha Bee is out, how about some of your talented female regulars, like Kristen Schaal, whose husband writes for the show?!
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#206  Edited By GreggD
@BaneFireLord said:
" Having a very good female friend who is a gamer and tells me all sorts of misogynistic horror stories about playing Gears of War, I never EVER say bad/sexually harrasing things about men, women or house hold pets on Xbox Live, PSN or the interwebs in general. "
I never did that to begin with. Guess that makes me a better person than most people. Like being a vegan. (cookies to anyone who gets that last bit)
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#207  Edited By wrathofconn
@FluxWaveZ said:
" There was a Giant Bomb quest last year where you needed to get a significant number of wall posts. KaosAngel got the brilliant idea of changing the gender in his profile to "female"; changing his icon, wallpaper and profile picture to some cutesy anime girl images and typing badly on the quest thread while adding a bunch of emoticons. He completed the quest very quickly because of this. I did the same and I ended up finishing the quest quickly as well.  Just something I thought of in relation to this thread. "
Ah, good times.

@Napalm: Oh, when it was more tech-focused. Like when it was still called The Screen Savers? (Still bitter about Unscrewed as well.)
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#208  Edited By Daveyo520
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By napalm
@JadeGL: I only have one thing to say: Doom II.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#210  Edited By Akeldama

I am dating a gamer and she will be the first to tell you it is not a fucking problem. If you are there to play, that is all you will do. I have plenty of female gaming friends and not one of them has complained.

Avatar image for glorious_leader
glorious_leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By glorious_leader
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @ThreeMegabytes said:
" @Wrighteous86 said:
" @ThreeMegabytes said:
" @Wrighteous86 said:
" @ThreeMegabytes: Sorry if I'm unconvinced after you followed every girl in this thread and wrote on their walls. "
I also wrote on your wall and the wall of guys? Your point being? "
Dude, you wrote on my wall a minute after posting this...  Either you're a troll, or you're just really dumb. "
Or a normal guy just like you (presuming you are) "
A thread about girl gamers being derailed and spammed by guys. What's the matter boys? Lack of attention? "

More like apathy.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By napalm
@OtakuGamer said:
" The wonders of the internets, where guys are girls and girls are guys.  "
Who are transexuals then? 

Actually, don't answer that.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Catolf
@FancySoapsMan said:

" @Catolf said:

I actually kind of like Manswers... >__>  I understand how it might be seen as offensive, but I like that they always make sure to back up all their claims. "
I know they back up their claims, thus the only 90% of the time, but damn you know?

@Napalm said:

" @Catolf said:

I'm pretty sure Morgan Webb is a wife and maybe a mother, paired with her being with TechTV/G4 for ten + years, you're not going to see her degrading herself by deepthroating hot dogs on TV. On the other hand, Olivia Munn is a ditzy, young girl who caught a lucky break on TV and her skills are exclusively making creepy, nerdy boys hunch over on their couches panting heavily and diddling themselves. I don't know. I mean, I like Kevin. It's just weird that he was always at the forefront of this crap in terms of cheering Olivia on, especially when you see what he was like when Attack Of The Show was more tech-focused. I guess it's more a sign of the times, too, considering their programming and personalities. "

Yeah, I really do like Morgan Webb, Olivia was a bit bad, she had her funny moments but she really wasn't needed int he long run.. I hope the new girl will be better, I think she was wearing pants in the promo, thats a start. XD

@Akeldama said:
" I am dating a gamer and she will be the first to tell you it is not a fucking problem. If you are there to play, that is all you will do. I have plenty of female gaming friends and not one of them has complained. "

Thats fine for them... ? I'm glad their end of the gaming spectum is flowers and daisies. XD
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By napalm
@Catolf: I just want to punch Olivia Munn in the damn face. I would never punch a girl out of ferocity, but I will punch the fucking shit out of that bitch. I will punch her 'till her head falls off. 

Heads are going to roll.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Catolf
@Napalm:  Sounds like Olivia killed your father and you are out for revenge! She got some sitcom she's in now.. i can't remember the name. I didn't know she was in/with the daily show until someone said it here, i usually don't get to see the Daily Show.

Oh the new girl on Aots is Candace Baily so I've found.. I'll have to watch Aots to see how she is, I won't jump on appearance alone.
AlphaCentauri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By AlphaCentauri

Best thread ever.