• 56 results
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eric_buck

I've been a serious gamer for about 3 years. Before that I used play games, of course, but not seriously. I got into gaming really fast, and there was a lot information to soak up. To think, 3 Years ago I had no idea what the abbreviation GoW meant. Now it defines my life :) My point is this. When a game with good reviews, and good feedback comes out, I would buy it. I bought oblivion, to find I disliked it. Mass Effect had the same effect (No pun intended) and the same thing with Fallout three. That's how much it cost me to find out I don't like American RPGs, and I haven't even started to wade through JRPGs yet!!!! My point is this. In gaming, it's important to have your own style. I used to go let other peoples opinions guide me to what games to buy, it's important what other people think about the games but in the end, what it comes down to, is what you like. Becoming a "generic" gamer who buys every game that gets over 8/10 on IGN deeply scares me. Although, slowly but surly, I've started forming my own opinions now. This took me a while to get used to, for whatever reason. Finally I've found out that I like action adventures are third person shooters. The world of gaming is a gigantic and confusing place, and for newcomers, it can be very, very intimidating. So take it easy on the newcomers!

For the record I still don't know what FTW (For the World???) means. I'm too ashamed to ask :)

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By izzygraze

FTW= For the win.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Alex_V

Nice post. Everyone is free to play what they like, and stick with their favourite styles.

But I find that a game that gets consistently high-scores usually has something of merit at its core. Even when the genre might be quite alien. There are very few 90+ metacritic games that I have actively disliked - I can't think of one off-hand. So I think scores and reviews serve their purpose for me.

I'm also suspicious of this idea that certain genres just do not work for you. I think that's a rule that is bound to be broken at some point. You are going to miss out on some brilliant games and brilliant experiences if you have a closed mind to them.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

I definitely agree, you gotta know what you as a person prefer in games without just assuming because everyone is saying "dude! this game is great!" that it actually is. I definitely do like western RPGs, however, I entirely hate Oblivion and Fallout 3 both for the most part. I like Mass Effect though, and I love Dragon Age, and I loved the original Fallouts and Baldurs Gates and Diablo.

I would say the best thing for someone to do, because it doesnt always just come down to "well since I like this genre I like this game as well", would be if there is a game getting a lot of attention or you are just curious about it, take the time to find more about it. All the information you want on it, some gameplay videos of what it is like. It is definitely possible for even after that for you to dislike a game, but thats probably the closest you can get to playing it yourself ahead of time. Another thing is renting games, or Gameflying them. A sure way to not waste money ahead of time on a game you may purchase and find not that great.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By JJOR64
@Eric_Buck said:
"For the record I still don't know what FTW (For the World???) means. I'm too ashamed to ask :) "
This made me laugh.  :P
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fuzzyponken

Your tastes will evolve. A few years ago I really couldn't play RPGs whatsoever, found them too slowly paced for my tastes. But I've been slowly getting into them ever since Fallout 3. When genres you really enjoy (FPS in my case) merge with others like that, it helps you stay familiar with the gameplay while still experiencing the RPG elements.   
Maybe you should try some third person action RPG's. 

And games will evolve, too. I mean, I've been a gamer for twenty-something years. When I was a kid, my favorite genres didn't even exist. 

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By thecleric
@IzzyGraze said:
" FTW= For the win. "
welll.. it meant something else before that.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
@thecleric said:
" @IzzyGraze said:
" FTW= For the win. "
welll.. it meant something else before that. "
"Fuck The Wankers"?
Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Andheez

I ACTIVELY hate Little Big Planet, that is the 1 game with Meta over 90 that I think is just terrible.  It was literally unplayable for me.  I cant really really justify anyones opinion of that game being good, say what you want about the level editor, but what little game is there is just terrible.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheKidNixon

Sounds like you're taking your new hobby pretty seriously. I think find what you like and what you don't like is very important. For instance, I have no patience for RTS. So even though I know that games like Starcraft are supposed to be really fantastic I just can't grok what's so enjoyable about it. Which isn't to say it isn't enjoyable for SOME people, just not for me. That is a very mature and important realization to have: certain genres of games just won't appeal to me, which doesn't necessarily say anything about their quality, just speaks to my interest as a player. Slight suspicion, I doubt that JRPGs will be much kinder to you than Western ones: they're quite a bit slower as far as actual gameplay goes, and much more number crunching I find. Especially compared to something like Mass Effect.

Random side question, how did you find this website/community? 

@thecleric said:

" @IzzyGraze said:
" FTW= For the win. "

Really? That's all I've ever known it to mean. And while we're on the subject, FTW really needs to be retired, even in ironic usage.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm sure the world of gaming (outside of casual Wii and DS titles) can seem like an intimidating place for an outsider but people shouldn't view gaming as something that is "tough" to get into. When was the last time you heard someone talk about how tough it was for them to get into movies? Getting into gaming is just about sitting down and playing games and finding out what games you do and don't like. We've all done it and I think we can all say it's been an awesome experience and I'd encourage anybody with the smallest bit of interest to try it.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thecleric
@TheKidNixon said:

" Sounds like you're taking your new hobby pretty seriously. I think find what you like and what you don't like is very important. For instance, I have no patience for RTS. So even though I know that games like Starcraft are supposed to be really fantastic I just can't grok what's so enjoyable about it. Which isn't to say it isn't enjoyable for SOME people, just not for me. That is a very mature and important realization to have: certain genres of games just won't appeal to me, which doesn't necessarily say anything about their quality, just speaks to my interest as a player. Slight suspicion, I doubt that JRPGs will be much kinder to you than Western ones: they're quite a bit slower as far as actual gameplay goes, and much more number crunching I find. Especially compared to something like Mass Effect.

Random side question, how did you find this website/community? 

@thecleric said:

" @IzzyGraze said:
" FTW= For the win. "
Really? That's all I've ever known it to mean. And while we're on the subject, FTW really needs to be retired, even in ironic usage. "

used to mean fuck the world, in certain circles

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheKidNixon

Ah. So sort of a proto-FML?

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Ujio
@Eric_Buck said:
"When a game with good reviews, and good feedback comes out, I would buy it. I bought oblivion, to find I disliked it. Mass Effect had the same effect (No pun intended) and the same thing with Fallout three. That's how much it cost me to find out I don't like American RPGs, and I haven't even started to wade through JRPGs yet!!!!"
Uh...you do know you can RENT these games, right? So instead of blowing $65 to come to the stirring conclusion you "don't like it" you can instead blow $7 to rent it for a week.

Seriously.
02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 02sfraser

you don't like action/adventure 3rd person shooters? but your user pic is Nathan Drake. Uncharted comes under that category surely?

you make a interesting point though. now i think about it i used to play games without any thought of their design or even their gameplay. i just played them. of course i could tell a extra special game when i found one (Ocarina of Time) but after i got my Nintendo Gamecube i started following what was happening in the gaming world. so thats 4 years of solid gaming and being aware of the industry. but about 15 years of playing games.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@Eric_Buck:
You and I are rather similar. I would recommend trying out a japanese game. Their linearity allows them to control the experience in a way that can be rich and engrossing. I found those were the easiest time sinks for me. But, whatever floats your boat.
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By spankingaddict
@Andheez said:
" I ACTIVELY hate Little Big Planet, that is the 1 game with Meta over 90 that I think is just terrible.  It was literally unplayable for me.  I cant really really justify anyones opinion of that game being good, say what you want about the level editor, but what little game is there is just terrible. "
LBP isnt just good, its amazing... you have no heart :(
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nrain
@Andheez said:
"I ACTIVELY hate Little Big Planet, that is the 1 game with Meta over 90 that I think is just terrible.  It was literally unplayable for me.  I cant really really justify anyones opinion of that game being good, say what you want about the level editor, but what little game is there is just terrible. "
I also don't like LBP but not to the extent of your hatred, I WANT to like the game, I love the art style and the premise of the game, but I just have no desire to make my own levels. The gameplay just isn't satisfactory enough for me to continue playing, 3/5 in my book. What good is bringing in a new era of digital content if the game to play them isn't that fun?
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Seppli

If you don't like to eat raw fish, you won't like sushi - even if it is the best sushi in the world.

Knowing yourself is half the battle. The other half is not forgetting about it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

nice post there. i agree man, i don't like fallout 3 or mass effect. i tried playing it but i didn't like it to much. i do like oblivion it is a cool game. i try and get a jest of how the game is going to be by reading, watching reviews.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Rayfield
@Eric_Buck: 

Good on you dude. Video games are the best medium of entertainment ever invented and its many genres of games will satisfy generations of awesome people for decades to come. Have fun being a part of it. 

P.S. Avoid internet forums.
SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SleepyDoughnut
@02sfraser said:
" you don't like action/adventure 3rd person shooters? but your user pic is Nathan Drake. Uncharted comes under that category surely?  you make a interesting point though. now i think about it i used to play games without any thought of their design or even their gameplay. i just played them. of course i could tell a extra special game when i found one (Ocarina of Time) but after i got my Nintendo Gamecube i started following what was happening in the gaming world. so thats 4 years of solid gaming and being aware of the industry. but about 15 years of playing games. "
just to clarify, he said that he likes action/adventure 3rd person shooters. @ Eric_Buck: I would also like to know your opinion on this website and community :)
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

You didn't like Mass Effect or Fallout 3 but you like third person shooters?  The combat is basically 3PS in those two games.

The way I see it anyone that doesn't like those two games must be idiots.  Fallout 3 is a like a city or a chunk of country on a DVD.  I still can't wrap my head around how large & detailed the scope of that game is & how you can immerse yourself into its world.  It has a lot of depth.  Mass Effect was like that too but perhaps not as big.  When I wandered around the post-nuclear devastation of the DC area, I almost cried.  This is something that could really happen in our world.  These RPGs are virtual worlds & it's like running through an interactive novel.  I played Fallout 3 for a year to get through it all & played through it twice.

JRPGs on the other hand are shitty.  I bought 3 or 4 of them so far & I just can't get into them.  The worlds don't seem to make sense & they keep the story a bit of a mystery.  After a lengthy video sequence it just dumps you off in the middle of nowhere & it's like: what the fuck do I do now??  No way to get started!  So maybe you should buy a few of those games & apply your inexperience to it & see if you like that, considering that it's even more confusing than a Western RPG. And since you say American RPGs, what the fuck has Europe done?  None. They don't even make games as far as I can tell, except for Ubisoft & their games seem kind of shitty too.  But maybe Europeans like them.

First person shooters are usually pretty mindless. Just running around & killing stuff. It's addictive in its own way. I get a lot of enjoyment in games like Left 4 Dead running around killing slow moving zombies & doing Versus.

Another fun hobby is achievement hunting. Where you take one of your games, look up the achievements & try to get all of them, which is a lot tougher than it would first appear. Even for Fallout 3 on the Xbox it took a great deal of time to get them all.  And I have games I can go back & play, like Dead Rising, which has these insane achievements where you play 14 hours straight to get a 7 day survivor achievement.  You get more out of the game when you hunt for achievements because even when you've read the achievement or watching how it's done on youtube or read a hint, it still doesn't mean it'll be easy for you to get it!  And it's nice to get the fabled S-rank on some games to show to folks on Giantbomb as well as your friends.

I basically try to play everything but find myself gravitating to RPGs first & Shooters second.  RPGs tend to have a beginning, a middle, & an end.  Whereas Shooters just go on forever in multiplayer. I've got friends that have played nothing but COD4 for the past 2 years & they bought MW2 yesterday & even took the day off from work so they could play it.  I wish I could do the same, but I like to spread myself around to other games & not dedicate myself to one game forever.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 02sfraser

woops i read wrong. ignore the first part of my comment :)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Jeust
@Eric_Buck:  

I agree with you...  

In gaming i always had my style, since young. I never really played much sports games, only a bit of football, not even that now, as games have progressed to serious simulators, that i personally don't like much. 

I always liked jrpgs, though it is getting harder to finish them, as their dificulty is sometimes insane. 

Western rpgs i just started playing recently, but i got to like them. Apart from the massive world ones, like fallout 3 and oblivion, as it intimidates me, about time consumption. lol 

Never really liked all that much the fps genre, but there is one or other that really suprises me. L4D comes to mind.

I like too very much third person action adventure games, though for one reason or other, i don't care much for uncharted. To that also contributes the fact that i don't have a ps3, but there's more to it somewhere. lol 

If you liked uncharted, try Broken Sword 3. It won't disappoint you.  It's the daddy of uncharted (in terms of age, though it is great). 

Glad to see you have own style. 
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eric_buck
@TheKidNixon: 
I used to go on Gamespot for cheats and stuff and then I started going on the forums there because there was some funny stuff (I just read them, I didn't post). And then I saw posts aout Giantbomb everywhere and it's snowballed from there.
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fuzzyponken
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
. And since you say American RPGs, what the fuck has Europe done?  None. They don't even make games as far as I can tell, except for Ubisoft & their games seem kind of shitty too.  
wat?
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@nrain said:

" @Andheez said:

"I ACTIVELY hate Little Big Planet, that is the 1 game with Meta over 90 that I think is just terrible.  It was literally unplayable for me.  I cant really really justify anyones opinion of that game being good, say what you want about the level editor, but what little game is there is just terrible. "

I also don't like LBP but not to the extent of your hatred, I WANT to like the game, I love the art style and the premise of the game, but I just have no desire to make my own levels. The gameplay just isn't satisfactory enough for me to continue playing, 3/5 in my book. What good is bringing in a new era of digital content if the game to play them isn't that fun? "
I'm in the same boat here.  I still download all the free costumes that go up on the PSN and occasionally load the game up to see if I can get into it this time.  But no.  Again, I don't hate it to any kind of ridiculous degree, I just find the gameplay to be woefully clunky and as you said.. unsatisfactory.  Was never even able to get into the level editing stuff because of it.

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

" And since you say American RPGs, what the fuck has Europe done?  None. They don't even make games as far as I can tell, except for Ubisoft & their games seem kind of shitty too.  But maybe Europeans like them."

What...? 

I can name several very iconic game series' that were created in the city I live in Scotland alone.
Perhaps you've heard of Worms.. Lemmnings.. Tomb Raider.. Crackdown.. Grand Theft Auto..?
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bombs_Away
@Eric_Buck: 
I agree completely. I can't stand people who jump on a games bandwagon just because of a good review. Im like you, I cant stand RPG's and other genres too, doesnt mean that my gaming experience is any less than that of someone who plays every every genre.

Good Post!
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By Griddler

Mass Effect is made in Canada.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Griddler
@Lind_L_Taylor: Wow. Are you ignorant? Or just fucking stupid....
Games just from the UK:
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • GTAIV
  • Tomb Raider Series
  • Little Big Planet
  • Fable Series
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Lego Series
  • AVP
  • Operation Flashpoint Series
  • Colin McRae Dirt Series
  • Overlord Series
  • Total War Series
  • Banjo Kazooie Series
  • Perfect Dark
  • Viva Pinata
  • Goldeneye 64
  • PGR Series
  • Geometry Wars
  • Motorstorm Series
  • Worms Series
  • Lost Winds

The list goes on and on.. And I didn't even go into games made in the rest of Europe... So get your head out your arse yeah?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By penguindust
@fuzzyponken said:
" Your tastes will evolve. A few years ago I really couldn't play RPGs whatsoever, found them too slowly paced for my tastes. But I've been slowly getting into them ever since Fallout 3. When genres you really enjoy (FPS in my case) merge with others like that, it helps you stay familiar with the gameplay while still experiencing the RPG elements.   Maybe you should try some third person action RPG's.  And games will evolve, too. I mean, I've been a gamer for twenty-something years. When I was a kid, my favorite genres didn't even exist.  "
All of this is definitely true.  I've been gaming on and off for a couple of decades myself and I can tell you that the games I was deeply into in the 90s are the games types I only casually dabble into these days.  And, genres that I used to avoid sit now atop my lists of "must have".  For example, 7 or 8 years ago I was not a fan of JRPGs.  I tried a few and except for Dark Cloud 2, found most of them to be overly melodramatic and, worst of all, limited in control.  For someone who believed that RPG meant freedom to do whatever I want in whatever order I choose, I often found myself irritated by the linear nature of JRPGs.  So, I moved on to other games.  But, then a year ago, I revisited the genre.  I was looking for something different than what I had been playing for years and so I took a chance.  End result, I've played 5 JRPGs this year and will likely start another before year's end.  My tastes had changed since my earlier experiences.  And, what caused me to take the risk this past year were a few very positive written reviews.  I read the opinions of some other people and decided to take a chance.  For me it worked out pleasantly.  What I am trying to say is that sometimes you need to rely on other people's opinions if you're unfamiliar with the genre.  At least then you can see what is supposed to be good and then decide if you agree with that assessment.   After all, playing a shitty game from a genre won't do much to advance your feelings for the game-style. 
tayruh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tayruh
@fuzzyponken said:

" Your tastes will evolve. A few years ago I really couldn't play RPGs whatsoever, found them too slowly paced for my tastes. But I've been slowly getting into them ever since Fallout 3. "

Funny enough, I went the opposite direction. I used to absolutely love JRPGs, but now I can't really stand to play them. I still like anime and stuff (which is what got me into JRPGs in the first place), but I can't stand the way the games are set up. I hate the way that the battle systems, story telling, and world exploration are totally segregated from one another. I much prefer games like the BioWare RPGs where you'll be talking to someone one minute and then pull out your weapons and start battling right there on the spot (as in right where you are standing, not cutting to some other battle map). It's a small thing, I guess, but it makes a huge difference to me these days.

I also used to love nearly all FPS games, but now I'm very picky about them. Mostly I just like the Call of Duty and FEAR games, I guess. Kinda weird.

@Eric_Buck said:
" To think, 3 Years ago I had no idea what the abbreviation GoW meant. " 
Heh. I still don't know what it means, since it could mean either Gears of War or God of War and you didn't specify which. "GoW" is a very context sensitive abbreviation.
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gargantuan
@Ujio said:

" @Eric_Buck said:

"When a game with good reviews, and good feedback comes out, I would buy it. I bought oblivion, to find I disliked it. Mass Effect had the same effect (No pun intended) and the same thing with Fallout three. That's how much it cost me to find out I don't like American RPGs, and I haven't even started to wade through JRPGs yet!!!!"

Uh...you do know you can RENT these games, right? So instead of blowing $65 to come to the stirring conclusion you "don't like it" you can instead blow $7 to rent it for a week.  Seriously. "
 Uh...you do know you CAN'T rent games in every country, right? 
Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Andheez
@spankingaddict: 

There is just no reason to play the game, like Nrain said a couple posts later, the art style is great, but the platforming is subpar, and there is no hook, there is no story, or goal, or incentive to beating the game, or even a level.  If you do not have any interest in creating a level, what is there?  Even if you do create a level its no fun to play so who cares?  When I traded my game into Gamestop (could not find anyone to buy it off me) the cashier agreed, he said, why play this when you could play ANY Mario and have a better time.
Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By Ujio
@Gargantuan said:
" @Ujio said:

" @Eric_Buck said:

Uh...you do know you can RENT these games, right? So instead of blowing $65 to come to the stirring conclusion you "don't like it" you can instead blow $7 to rent it for a week.  Seriously. "
 Uh...you do know you CAN'T rent games in every country, right?  "
Who are you? His lawyer? I don't recall Eric saying he lived in a third world country where renting would be an issue.

So, uh, mind your business. Unless you're Eric's roommate and have permission to speak on his behalf.
r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

For the record I still don't know what FTW (For the World???) means. I'm too ashamed to ask :)  

lol I spit out some gatorade on that one! :-P

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheGremp

The moment someone says "serious gamer", I stop reading. 

There's no such thing as a serious game, or a serious gamer.  Saying that you are one makes you sound like some fat 20 year old living in his mothers basement, raging because some little kid used the noob combo on you in T3H HALOZ. 

I am very into gaming, and it's a very big part of my life.  In fact, it's most likely going to be a part of my future career.  But I don't take them seriously...  It's just entertainment.

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By shaun832

I don't trust reviews too much. For example, I hated Assassin's Creed but liked Sonic Unleashed.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @nrain said:

" @Andheez said:

I also don't like LBP but not to the extent of your hatred, I WANT to like the game, I love the art style and the premise of the game, but I just have no desire to make my own levels. The gameplay just isn't satisfactory enough for me to continue playing, 3/5 in my book. What good is bringing in a new era of digital content if the game to play them isn't that fun? "
I'm in the same boat here.  I still download all the free costumes that go up on the PSN and occasionally load the game up to see if I can get into it this time.  But no.  Again, I don't hate it to any kind of ridiculous degree, I just find the gameplay to be woefully clunky and as you said.. unsatisfactory.  Was never even able to get into the level editing stuff because of it.

@Lind_L_Taylor said:

" And since you say American RPGs, what the fuck has Europe done?  None. They don't even make games as far as I can tell, except for Ubisoft & their games seem kind of shitty too.  But maybe Europeans like them."

What...? 

I can name several very iconic game series' that were created in the city I live in Scotland alone. Perhaps you've heard of Worms.. Lemmnings.. Tomb Raider.. Crackdown.. Grand Theft Auto..? "
Those aren't RPGs. I was being specific to the RPG genre.  Maybe I should rephrase to what the fuck has been done LATELY?  Not back in the Stone Age or the 90's..
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@girdz said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: Wow. Are you ignorant? Or just fucking stupid....
Games just from the UK:
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • GTAIV
  • Tomb Raider Series
  • Little Big Planet
  • Fable Series
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Lego Series
  • AVP
  • Operation Flashpoint Series
  • Colin McRae Dirt Series
  • Overlord Series
  • Total War Series
  • Banjo Kazooie Series
  • Perfect Dark
  • Viva Pinata
  • Goldeneye 64
  • PGR Series
  • Geometry Wars
  • Motorstorm Series
  • Worms Series
  • Lost Winds
 The list goes on and on.. And I didn't even go into games made in the rest of Europe... So get your head out your arse yeah? "
I piss on your list. Those aren't RPGs. Go back & re-read dammit.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By EpicSteve

Some people have specific tastes. I personally play whatever comes out. On the other hand, you have your One Game demographic, your CoD, WOW, and Madden players. Some people are very picky, and others just like a particular genre. That kind of variety in choice and players is what makes our hobby great!
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Griddler
@Lind_L_Taylor: I quote 'They don't even make games as far as I can tell'.. And I think you'll find that Fable is an RPG.
Mordok44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mordok44

Games come and go, but what never goes is your true inner gamer. Once a gamer , Always a Gamer.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By spankingaddict
@Andheez said:
" @spankingaddict:   There is just no reason to play the game, like Nrain said a couple posts later, the art style is great, but the platforming is subpar, and there is no hook, there is no story, or goal, or incentive to beating the game, or even a level.  If you do not have any interest in creating a level, what is there?  Even if you do create a level its no fun to play so who cares?  When I traded my game into Gamestop (could not find anyone to buy it off me) the cashier agreed, he said, why play this when you could play ANY Mario and have a better time. "
wow
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By jakob187

O_O 

An...INTELLIGENT thread?  OMG, SWEET! 

Very nice topic, sir.  I've never really thought about how confusing it could be to people who only see abbreviations like MW2 and GoW and SMB being thrown around all the time, and yet there are people out there trying to get into gaming that are going "what the fuck?" rather than "WTF?".  This definitely makes me put a different perspective on things, and I appreciate that you've brought up a good point.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@jakob187 said:
" O_O  An...INTELLIGENT thread?  OMG, SWEET!  Very nice topic, sir.  I've never really thought about how confusing it could be to people who only see abbreviations like MW2 and GoW and SMB being thrown around all the time, and yet there are people out there trying to get into gaming that are going "what the fuck?" rather than "WTF?".  This definitely makes me put a different perspective on things, and I appreciate that you've brought up a good point. "
All you have to do is google it.

@girdz said:

" @Lind_L_Taylor: I quote 'They don't even make games as far as I can tell'.. And I think you'll find that Fable is an RPG. "

Might have been a typo.  I never got into Fable.
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By eric_buck
@Lind_L_Taylor: 

Hahaha ,lol, dude, I'm sorry. But your such an idiot.
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By eric_buck
@Lind_L_Taylor: 
GTA IV can easily be classified as an RPG...
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Eric_Buck said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:  GTA IV can easily be classified as an RPG... "
Bullshit.  It requires reflexes.  

@Eric_Buck said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:   Hahaha ,lol, dude, I'm sorry. But your such an idiot. "