Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run - It's time to choose...

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run - It's time to choose... (277 votes)

A game from the Civilization 6%
A game from the Total War series 5%
Alpha Protocol 29%
Asura's Wrath 12%
Blade Runner 3%
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain 10%
Deus Ex: Invisible War 6%
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream 7%
OverBlood 2 1%
Perfect Dark 3%
Perfect Dark Zero 5%
Too Human 13%

So, some of us are doing a thing this Friday/Saturday/Sunday (we hope to see you there!). But before the fun and frivolities begin, each of the six endurees need to have at least one video game of significant heft to play up on the main stage (the big video player at the top of page. "What page?" you may very well ask, well, the page that I'm about to link you to in the next paragraph, just sit tight) for around ten hours, with the aim of completing that said game in one sitting. Now, I have a few games to hand but was having difficulty on deciding quite which one to showcase, so I picked out a short-list for YOU to choose from. Some of these games will be 100% fresh to me upon booting them up; others still have crossed my path in the past, but so far in the mists of time that it'd basically be like playing for the first time anyway. None of these are going to be speedruns or attempts at crazy trickhots, just plain ole runthroughs of some...classics...? If any duder is unable/unwilling to complete a game up on that main stage video feed, they can continue streaming out on their personal channel, which will be featured just below. Check it out...

So, after you've voted you are each cordially invited to the beta (paid demo) of the webzone where this thing will be going down. If you guys could take a look at this page in your various browsers, and upon your various platforms and feed back any feedback, that'd just be swell. I'll be making updates and tweaks to the page all the way up to the launch of our Endurance Run.

http://www.heightofthegame.com/chat

Thanks duders!

• 
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Deus Ex: Invisible War, because I've never played that one.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've been meaning to watch Asura's Wrath for a long time now...

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too Human because damn, that is one boring list.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Alpha Protocol, but make sure you play it in a really stupid way. Also, have a beard.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fattony12000

@alexandersheen: Thanks for replying and giving your input!

@chavtheworld: Quiet you, worry about your own games. Also, are we gonna be each other's wingmen, due to that whole time zone thing? X

@baillie: What would be your suggestion/s then my good duder? OR WOULD THAT BE WAY TOO BORING FOR YOU? WAOAOAOAHWAHWAHW *double cowabunga hands and sticky out waggling tongue.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wuddel

I second this.

volemaulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol, but make sure you play it in a really stupid way. Also, have a beard.

I second that. Full beard is the only way to play this game!

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@baillie said:

First thing I thought too

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

IHNMAIMS because it has a stupid name.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol is a good game. Good games don't deserved to be ER'd! Too Human muthafucka!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fattony12000

@beachthunder: I have a really shitty moustache/chin hair thing. Will that do? Maybe I could shave it off halfway through like Jeff and his paedo stache on a past Big Live Show Live.

Also, posting from a mobile device is super shitty. C'mon Dave...oh...wait.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder: I have a really shitty moustache/chin hair thing. Will that do? Maybe I could shave it off halfway through like Jeff and his paedo stache on a past Big Live Show Live.

Also, posting from a mobile device is super shitty. C'mon Dave...oh...wait.

No, no, not you; Michael Thorton. I'm thinking something like this:

Party Hard!
Party Hard!

But feel free to also have some facial hair.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool idea, if i have the time ill be watching for sure.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By jeffrud

Ignore the Alpha Protocol, it's Too Human time!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Overblood, because I have absolutely no clue what that is.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fattony12000

@wuddel said:

@chavtheworld said:

I second this.

I super enjoyed what I played of the demo, about a year ago! It does seem rather dope doesn't it!?

@volemaulder said:

@beachthunder said:

I second that. Full beard is the only way to play this game!

So full, so fresh
So full, so fresh

@benpicko said:

@baillie said:

First thing I thought too

Pray tell, what would your suggestions unto me be, my good duders? That goes double for you @baillie, since you have yet to reply from last time. Ye seem quick enough to sally forth and pen some rapier-like words of cool steel, seeking to plunge them into my beating heart. Yet not mindful enough to say anything of any great consequence, in either an insultingly positive or positively insulting fashion.

To you sir, I say, goodbye.

@ramone said:

IHNMAIMS because it has a stupid name.

Limp, the body of Gorrister hung from the pink palette; unsupported hanging high above us in the computer chamber; and it did not shiver in the chill, oily breeze that blew eternally through the main cavern. The body hung head down, attached to the underside of the palette by the sole of its right foot. It had been drained of blood through a precise incision made from ear to ear under the lantern jaw. There was no blood on the reflective surface of the metal floor. When Gorrister joined our group and looked up at himself, it was already too late for us to realize that, once again, AM had duped us, had had its fun; it had been a diversion on the part of the machine. Three of us had vomited, turning away from one another in a reflex as ancient as the nausea that had produced it. Gorrister went white. It was almost as though he had seen a voodoo icon, and was afraid of the future. "Oh, God," he mumbled, and walked away. The three of us followed him after a time, and found him sitting with his back to one of the smaller chittering banks, his head in his hands. Ellen knelt down beside him and stroked his hair. He didn't move, but his voice came out of his covered face quite clearly. "Why doesn't it just do us in and get it over with? Christ, I don't know how much longer I can go on like this." It was our one hundred and ninth year in the computer. He was speaking for all of us.

Metal.

@deathstriker666 said:

Alpha Protocol is a good game. Good games don't deserved to be ER'd! Too Human muthafucka!

No Caption Provided

Thanks for your replies thus far, everyone!

For. The. Kids.
For. The. Kids.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Alpha Protocol, because most of the others are more mechanics-driven than story, which would make for really boring footage.

"Haha guys, Attila just tried to take out my town with an archer even though only melee characters can, isn't that hilarious?"

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pray tell, what would your suggestions unto me be, my good duders? That goes double for you @baillie, since you have yet to reply from last time. Ye seem quick enough to sally forth and pen some rapier-like words of cool steel, seeking to plunge them into my beating heart. Yet not mindful enough to say anything of any great consequence, in either an insultingly positive or positively insulting fashion.

They just seem like completely mundane choices. A few RPGs, some shooters, etc. They're just games that I could see let's plays for anywhere. Pick something insane, be impulsive, just load up GoG and pick the strangest looking game on there rather than a premeditated choice as decided by the community that has been played by everybody. Of course this completely undermines what you're doing here but that's the kind of Quick Look I like to see.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I chose Alpha Protocol. I want to see those choices!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By JoeyRavn

I'm torn between Alpha Protocol and a game of Civilization. I chose the latter, because it has the potential to be a true test of endurance.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chavtheworld said:

@fattony12000: Yeah I'm down to wingman.

No Caption Provided

Very cool idea, if i have the time ill be watching for sure.

I hope you get to join us at some point in the 60 hours of 'content' we have 'planned' for you!

@jeffrud said:

Ignore the Alpha Protocol, it's Too Human time!

Torn between two worlds! Rorie vs Dyack.

Just to clarify things a little bit for all of you reading and voting on this here thing, this poll isn't necessarily going to determine my final choice, it will heavily influence it, but I still reserve the right to swap things up (I am also planning on doing plenty of streaming on my own twitch channel before and after my time on the main stage, so games may make an appearance there instead). With that being said, I will have a little bit more to announce soon with regards to some of my game choices, taking into account some pieces of feedback I've received (which I do thank you for).

Overblood, because I have absolutely no clue what that is.

Since it's probably the least well known game on that list, especially in America/on the Moon, I don't want to spoil the surprise too much, all I will say is:

"You ain't nevah gonna ween!"

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Either Too Human or Alpha Protocol.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol, because most of the others are more mechanics-driven than story, which would make for really boring footage.

"Haha guys, Attila just tried to take out my town with an archer even though only melee characters can, isn't that hilarious?"

I will gladly take suggestions from your good self. Do bear in mind that I will be interacting with the chat, taking calls (questions, comments and general chit chat/hate speech) from viewers, running polls for doing certain things within the games themselves, holding competitions for free Steam key giveaways and spitting hot fire about video games (which I've barely been able to with real actual living people listening to me, for about the past fifteen years, there's a lot of crusty buildup from the original PlayStation that I feel I need to get out of me). Oh, and most importantly I have about seven 'costume' changes planned...so far.

Also, I'm not the kind of guy who will be playing this thing up for pier madde laffs. CONSTANTLY. ALL. OF. THE. TIME. Literally just narrating what I see on the screen. See my seven episodes of Festive Final Fantasy VII where I talk about SGI Workstations and the parts of that game that resonated with me due to setting and atmosphere, during the time I played that game originally (guess what time of the year that was).

That being said...

#fuckinvideogames

#thecostumesaretshirts

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Alpha Protocol!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I voted for Blood Omen. 10 hours is a long time to be playing a game, you'll want the occasional respite. That's where Blood Omen's loading screens come in. Need a five minute break? Check your inventory!

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By The_Joker

You should do I have no mouth cause I've had no luck finding a decent let's play of that. It seems really interesting.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#29  Edited By Brackynews

Too Human, because then you have to play it and I have the choice not to watch it.

My vote is the 200th so that should count, like, way more.

Props for Ellison too.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too Human.

This list is boring.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fattony12000
@benpicko said:
@fattony12000 said:

They just seem like completely mundane choices. A few RPGs, some shooters, etc. They're just games that I could see let's plays for anywhere. Pick something insane, be impulsive, just load up GoG and pick the strangest looking game on there rather than a premeditated choice as decided by the community that has been played by everybody. Of course this completely undermines what you're doing here but that's the kind of Quick Look I like to see.

I gratefully accept your rational, considered followup to your initial damp squib of a point. Thank you for taking the time to explain what you actually mean with words.

Although I wouldn't personally call OverBlood 2, Blade Runner and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream 'mundane' (or indeed all that heavily played), I do partially take your point as to you wanting to see something chosen in more of a heat of the moment fashion. Although I would humbly ask you to consider the ramifications of picking a 40 hour RPG, whilst only having around ten hours (plus the several more I plan to spend playing on my own channel) to complete the game. Or, in the inverse, picking a game that could be completed in just a couple of hours would leave me hanging to some degree (although I do have alternative/backup games on standby, the main thrust of this whole thing is to play a single game from the beginning until the end, in one sitting).

I've undertaken a not inconsiderate amount of research as part of trying to wrangle this current list of games (hacked down from my original list of around 80 titles), mainly due to the amount of time it would take to finish them. Trying to make this whole thing work from a video production standpoint has been one of the biggest focuses for me.

Do remember, though, that this ain't no punk ass Quick Look or fassy ole Encyclopedia Bombastica, this is a mother lovin' ENDURANCE RUN! Ain't gonna be nothin' quick about it. Soul-crushing death march is the name of the game here.

That being said, I'm more than happy to do as you've suggested in your last sentence, at some point. It could make for a pretty good sideshow to while away the hours on my personal stream.

Many thanks again for your ideas and thoughts on the matter.

#forthekids

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overblood 2! I have already seen Game Informers Super Replay of it, and I want more!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose Alpha Protocol. I want to see those choices!

I choose YOU!

@joeyravn said:

I'm torn between Alpha Protocol and a game of Civilization. I chose the latter, because it has the potential to be a true test of endurance.

What would be your Civ game of choice, out of interest?

@butano said:

Either Too Human or Alpha Protocol.

Bolth!?

I gave my vote to Blood Omen knowing that Alpha Protocol will take the win.

Either way I'm good.

Well, I'm more than able to squeeze other games into my schedule, Blood Omen is high on that list.

Vae Victus.

@theht said:

Alpha Protocol!

Nice choice!