Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johe0
The Sims Gang Sign is hard when you have something on your head and can't see
The Sims Gang Sign is hard when you have something on your head and can't see
The only way I could see anything was through the open bit of the mouth, I didn't let that keep me from street passing
The only way I could see anything was through the open bit of the mouth, I didn't let that keep me from street passing
There's some work still to be done, mostly with the fuse and paint, but I feel it turned out good given it was made in 6 days
There's some work still to be done, mostly with the fuse and paint, but I feel it turned out good given it was made in 6 days

So about a week ago I found out that I could go to Matsuricon in Columbus. I wanted to make something new to wear since I haven't for a while, and I always wanted to do an object head.

So after 6 days of toiling over paper mache and glue and paint I finished this guy right in time for the convention!

I'm not really much of an artist so I guess this is the most I can do as far as fan stuff for Giant Bomb.

I also met a few other fans who were wonderful to talk to and just generally had a bunch of fun wearing it.

As for the head itself it's Paper Mache painted with Black Gesso and White Acrylic paint with glossy black acrylic for the eyes. The tongue is craft foam painted pink, and the teeth are a cut up bit of a cardboard box painted white. The fuse is 3 clotheslines glued together wrapped in twine wrapped in cloth and covered in leftover paper mache and the spark thingy is craft foam. There's red mesh behind the mouth which is a bit hard to see, but it let me see out of it. It's kept on my head by a hard hat very firmly glued to the top of it.

Avatar image for theglitchmaster
TheGlitchmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheGlitchmaster

Rad as hell, duder.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Awesome work! I wonder how often that hard hat technique is used.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By SMTDante89

That's actually really awesome, especially since it was done in such a short amount of time.

Yuri_Librarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Yuri_Librarian

You the best.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how the mouth cuts into the eye! That always struck me as a bit gruesome in the logo.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

<>

johe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlesalanratliff: I'm told that a lot of object head cosplayers use it for their heads. Hard hats are nice and easy to glue into a lot of spaces, and cheap. And they usually come very large so you can use some foam to get a nice custom fit.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U da bomb. <>

D_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By D_Mac

It's been said. I will say it again. This community is awesome. Well done.