Giant Bomb - Golden Duder World Championship

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I was thinking the other day that it's probably about time for this again. Sure enough the first post is 1 year and 3 days old. With last years winner now employed at Giant Bomb a new winner must be crowned.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I was thinking the other day that it's probably about time for this again. Sure enough the first post is 1 year and 3 days old. With last years winner now employed at Giant Bomb a new winner must be crowned.

Are you implying that there's a high chance of the winner of the Golden Duder becoming an employee at Giant Bomb?

BRAD MUIR 2013!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgee said:

@mosespippy said:

Are you implying that there's a high chance of the winner of the Golden Duder becoming an employee at Giant Bomb?

BRAD MUIR 2013!

Dave Snider 2013!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The problem about Golden Duder 2013 is the fact that Dave Snider is the automatic winner.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#256  Edited By EricSmith

@baillie said:

The problem about Golden Duder 2013 is the fact that Dave Snider is the automatic winner.

I don't see any other outcome being possible. Not with the timing of it all.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rorie is part of the staff now, so shouldn't be eligible

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#258  Edited By B0nd07

@baillie said:

Except if we learned anything from last year, former staff should not be included. Will and Rorie crushed their competition primarily because they were former Whiskey Media staff, not because of how they impacted the site as guests (which is what the competition is supposed to be about, by my understanding).

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b0nd07 said:
@ericsmith said:

@baillie said:

Except if we learned anything from last year, former staff should not be included. Will and Rorie crushed their competition primarily because they were former Whiskey Media staff, not because of how they impacted the site as guests (which is what the competition is supposed to be about, by my understanding).

I think it's been long enough since the sites split up that someone like Dave Lang or John Drake could defeat Will Smith or Norman Chan. Will and Rorie also get way more face time in content than Dave ever has. Even someone like Brad Muir might be more recognizable to the casual giant bomb audience.

Rorie is part of the staff now, so shouldn't be eligible

Which is why a new duder must be crowned as The Golden Duder.