• 145 results
clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#51  Edited By clagnaught

Cyberpunk dystopias and/or E3 presentations. I'll see what I can do.

Edit:

<Thinks about the prompt for about 2 minutes>

AAAAAAHH!!! OH MY GOD!!! Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!! I know exactly what to do! I'm going to download Twine and (try) to fucking do this thing!

AquaGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

My current progress. I'm probably going to spend 9 days full time on this. I've never made a smaller scope game and this has me excited. It will fit the theme of Drew's "E3 Conference" idea, and partially fit Austin's "Bleak Cyberpunk Dystopias" idea (without the cyberpunk part).

It's going to be a physics based game with my own voice acting - but don't worry, it will sound slightly demonic so my performance won't be too bad.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

I think I'm starting off better this time round, simply by ditching my current plan after one day instead of halfway through. Unless I do it again tomorrow...

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By mrflibble

I know what I want to make but I can't do much until Monday. I'm going with the bleak cyberpunk dystopia and I'm trying to keep the games scope small. Had a problem with adding too many mechanics in the past.

Jixashauser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any artists out there wanna team up? I'm decent with Gamemaker and already have some fun ideas of what to do.

ZereoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey @havochq just wanted to let you that the wrong theme is underline on the itch.io page.

itch.io:

• Brad: Dave Lang's Ideal Game << SELECTED THEME
zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@zereox: Oh jeez, whoops! Thanks for the catch, it's fixed now!

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys I wanted to share my progress. I began recording my daily progress in a series of vids.

YouTube locked my other video because of my music so I re uploaded it.

Here are the first 2 episodes:

Episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZCdj5XWbXU

Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvd9H0X2KA

thanks for watching!

Muragami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Muragami

Ok guys, somebody hold my beer, I'm officially jumping in.

kesadisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kesadisan

If anyone wanted someone to help on UI, I can do generic one pretty quick so just hit me up (any team who wanted to work up, I probably could do multiple work at the same time)

also, I do Motion Graphic and Video Editing, might be useful if someone need video in their game or I dunno animated UI? Can't really draw though.

thejhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna do it. Just don't expect it to be good.

If anyone needs any free music (or even maybe music made specifically for your game??) I'd be more than happy to help.

Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck to everyone participating! I don't think I'll be joining in this year unfortunately. Maybe next year!

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys I didn't have time to put up a video today but I did begin working on the concept I'm going to model. Shouldn't take more than a day to finish and model. I'm actually not sure about a name so I'm wondering if anyone here knows a good name for him?

No Caption Provided

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sykosis: That's clearly Giant Bomb(er) Man!

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Finally managed to start this, I'm working on sort of a typing-schmup, here's what I have so far:

No Caption Provided

Would love some suggestions, specially for the text! =)

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I'm just going to call it done for now. Thanks to @Willza92 for the name idea. On to modeling and animating!

No Caption Provided

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totsboy: That's pretty cool looking, man. Have you taken into consideration colour blindness (unsure if the colours in your game represent more than making the game look nice)? As for text ideas, I have been going to the giant bomb staff pages and going through the trivia, quotes and aliases for ideas to inform my game design. You might find some good stuff in there! ie. Jeff (and just scroll to the bottom).

@sykosis: Ha, he's cool! I wonder if he has a Luchadeer sidekick..? Like, the Robin to his Batman.

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sykosis

Boy it's been a long night. Modeling and rigging complete!

No Caption Provided

@willza92 That would be cool but I'm already pushing it with just this guy in the game lol. maybe I'll continue on with this after the jam.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willza92: The color is just to signal there is an enemy on the spot, the color itself doesn't really matter, I chose different ones so it looks nice =)
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look on the wiki!

therealtakeshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By therealtakeshi
No Caption Provided

I'm going full ham since unfortunately I'm not HAM.

My first game, my first game-jam, and I am having so much fun building this! =)

LCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Been going quite slowly b/c this has been my most hectic week at my new job yet, but now I have this much. working:

No Caption Provided

Now I just have scrape together a few levels and some win / end screens? I have tomorrow off so thumbs up to making it happen!

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Okay, the hard part is over. I think . . . >.<

NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders, the East Coast team needs someone to help with character rigging and texturing. If anyone would like to oblige, please PM me, @carpe_dmt, or @hacktavist. Thanks!

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode 3 Hot in the chamber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpDg5SBKMmA

Muragami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I can finish, but I'm knee-deep in the trenches and hopeful! A teaser logo:

No Caption Provided

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

On the home stretch guys! We can do this!

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79  Edited By bhurnie

Well, that was cool. What with timezones, and not wanting to sit around on a lovely Sunday morning tomorrow finishing it, I guess I'm done with mine - the first graphical game I've made for like a decade (and I only say graphical because I did a text adventure for the first game jam, there's not really anything else).

Guess I should save thoughts for a proper write-up when it's all over. But I'm kind of pleased with how rubbish mine is. It's got that personal touch!

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINAL STRETCH! Best of luck to everyone participating, you got this! :D

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not going to be able to finish mine if I want to wake up to go to work Tomorrow. I might throw something up in this thread late though

isomac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By isomac

I submitted my game now. It's very basic clicker game for HTC Vive. There is something wrong with the teleport feature. I just didn't have time to figure it out. Eventually you'll find the way to the right area. There is also mode to just use keyboard too. Basically you hit couple buttons and see score go higher.

Video of it being played. Current version has bit different texts than what's in the video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_flM0H5hdc&feature=youtu.be

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've submitted my game though it's not 100% finished. It's mostly done the main problem is that it's not balanced so you can't really lose.

I really wanted to make something simple this time without that many mechanics. I completely failed to do that and ended up making something more complicated then my last two tries. I do think this game is much better then my last attempts but I really wish I had stuck to something simpler.

No Caption Provided
Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna make it this time guys, but I wish the best of luck to everyone who is submitting. Next time!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrflibble: The screenshot made me think of a slow thoughtful space travel sim, and I really wanted to play it.

Just checked the itch.io page and see it's called Murder Slingshot. Now I want to play it even more.

Sykosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From looks of things I'd say mine looks the worst gameplay wise so you guys don't have to worry :)

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By conmulligan

Alrighty, with just an hour and change to go I've wrapped mine up. Introducing E3 Rush, in which you attempt to ferry a very late GB crew to E3 before the presentations start!

No Caption Provided

I was really pressed for time so this is a lot shorter and simpler than I was hoping for, but it's playable from beginning to end so I'll take that as a small victory.

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some really cool games trickling in during the last few hours here. Really impressed with everyone's stuff so far.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Bollard

It's 4:20am here for Team EU (@mandude, @adam2marsh, @thebatmobile) and we've submitted our game. We've been working on it since I woke up at 7:30am today. I am shattered. Good thing I'm up at 6:30am tomorrow!

Can't wait to get a chance to see everyone's games.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well done to everyone! Some cool looking games on there!

Team EU is finished our game after a long week and here it is.

No Caption Provided
Hedgemouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Hedgemouse

Great job everyone! These games are looking awesome, can't wait to play them. After many long sleepless nights this week, my submission, THE LAST E3, is finished! It's not exactly deep in terms of gameplay, but there's a good bit of stuff to explore and see, and plenty of enemies (but only one type) to hack and slash your way through!

No Caption Provided

thejhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, spent the last five minutes in a panic trying to see how I could make the game public because I had never used itch.io before. Whew. Good job everyone, some fun looking games on there that I hope to play at a more reasonable hour. Thanks to @havochq for organizing. I learned a lot and had fun.

sad_aust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just submitted my teams project (firewrkninja, and I worked together again) this time we are not cutting it as close as we did last time, a whole 7 minutes left instead of 2 seconds left. Our game is The E3 Trail, think Oregon Trail meets a clicker. I look forward to checking out everyone else's projects later this week.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By zandravandra

Congrats to everyone who submitted! I can't wait to play the wonderful things you've made! :D

If by a stroke of bad luck you missed the timer on the submission, send me a private message on here and I'll see what I can do!

firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97  Edited By Aska

Maaaan I was way over-loaded in terms of what I was trying to do on my own, but I juuuuust squeezed into the submit window after panicking and rushing all day to finish.

As a result my entry is a little on the janky side of things but I'm just glad I made it in! This will be fun.

No Caption Provided

https://dustinbragg.itch.io/cbsi-e3

frump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's done!

Grats to everyone who made a thing!

My game is incredibly unfinished. It's buggy, it has no level design and a lot of it is open source assets but I learned a ton making it. Kinda overworked myself the last 6 days to even get it this far. I really want to finish working on the main character model of "Drew Scanline."

Sorry for not showing more WIPs during the process. As a consolation here's a rough Austin Walker Cyberpunk CEO speedsculpt. Was originally making it just to show silhouette but got carried away.

No Caption Provided

drakecaiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By drakecaiman

My second jam in as many weeks, and my second completed. Would have liked to polish a bit more, but that's how it goes. Definitely learned the importance of time management from this one. Here it is:

Ad Jocker

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CByrne

Yeah, I'm really bummed about forgetting about this again as well as being late. I'm a bad person.

Earlier in the week I did do a prototype of game where 2016 is a bleak year and Giant Bomb becomes a game dev studio and you are tasked to run the live demos at e3. It's a fully flushed out proto that I only thought about publishing after I came home late. Oh well.

Check it out if you want, should be less than a 2 minutes and mostly text and single click buttons. I would love comments and feedback, lol.

EDIT: HavocHQ added me to the jam! Thanks!

https://itch.io/jam/giantrom3/rate/79984