• 101 results
quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By quinistheman

Did you know how the hipster burnt his mouth? He ate his pizza before it was cool.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Petiew said:

@planetfunksquad: http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/171480986/

Dude, I had no idea that 4chan's forum system was this fucked. I can't even tell what the fuck is going on and the fact that everyone is a fucking Anonymus with a number in the billions is not helping either.

Also: Wow, I'm sooo glad people here on GB are like proper human beings.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#53  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@ExplodeMode said:

From the gaf thread:

This is art. Pure and simple.

Alpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Alpha1

@Sweep said:

I liked Giant Bomb before it was cool.

2008 was a great year. :)

Avatar image for gs_gbcha0sgam3r
GS_GBcha0sgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By GS_GBcha0sgam3r

EVEN they left gamespot now they are back in the gamespot offices there the NWO of gaming media 4 life b*tch!

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Shortbreadtom

@chilibean_3: More like popularity leads to IDIOCY, am I right!?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Chtasm said:

He should go back to making shoes.

Fun fact: "Shoemaker" is the literal English translation of Chaucer, as in Geoffrey Chaucer. Brad has writing in his blood. And I guess that car racing too, since Schumacher is the German analogue of the surname.

On-topic disclaimer: I really like Brad and see nothing wrong in his review. I think this is just a vocal minority on the Internet going apeshit, as always.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BlastProcessing

GUYS I DON'T LIKE THE NEW DEVIL MAY CRY, WHAT DO I DO???

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By Chummy8

Give it a bad review; get yelled at. Give it a great review; get death threats. Still want to be a video game reviewer?

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By aceofspudz

/v/ has has been stroking a rage boner regarding DmC for a good long while. There were many disparaging comments about Bradley, and I wouldn't be surprised if the comments on the article had an impromptu invasion aspect.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Azurath

GB isn't really 'that' popular. That review has so many comments because it is a high rating of a good game that people didn't want to turn out good. Everyone who commented on that will slowly leave GB and go back to the cess pit that is Reddit.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dezztroy

So many people talking about /v/ when they've clearly not spent more than 5 minutes there.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By fisher81

Over the five or so years that I've been a user on this website, the community has gone from a group of people who love and care about video games, to the biggest group of whiners and bitches on the internet. It's the sole reason I stay away from this website so much nowadays.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By planetfunksquad

@Petiew said:

Jesus. Thats a lot of fucking stupid in that thread. That someone can be insulted to that level merely for offering their thoughts on a video game is beyond my comprehension. Seems like they've just built this little club for themselves and have gotten to a point where they believe they are the be-all-end-all authority on all things gaming. Nobody else's opinion is valid. Don't agree? You're retarded or you're a shill.

Also, remind me not to read a /v/ thread again. IWANTTOFUCKINGHURTMYSELF

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Azurath

It is worth noting that DmC is on the front page of Metacritic, and the first review under it is Brad's.

It is practically a guarantee that most people who commented saw that, and cared oh so much that they felt it necessary to sign up for GB just to shit on the review. Not cool....

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By cookiemonster

@RazielCuts said:

Wow. Genius. Pure Genius.

That whole youtube channel is alll fucked up.

planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By planetfunksquad

@Dezztroy said:

So many people talking about /v/ when they've clearly not spent more than 5 minutes there.

Oh, you're right. It has been a few years since I visited /v/. Do tell me, are they arseholes on the level of this thread all the time or just when it feels right?: http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/171480986/

Theres a lot of folks talking about DmC when they've clearly not spent more than 5 minutes with it over there.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By toowalrus

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroy said:

Oh, you're right. It has been a few years since I visited /v/. Do tell me, are they arseholes on the level of this thread all the time or just when it feels right?: http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/171480986/

Theres a lot of folks talking about DmC when they've clearly not spent more than 5 minutes with it over there.

You don't need to spend more than 5 minutes there to see that they're disgusting.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Dezztroy
@TooWalrus said:

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroy said:

You don't need to spend more than 5 minutes there to see that they're disgusting.

In that case, you don't need to spend more than 5 minutes on Giant Bomb to see that the community is so bad not even the staff wants to interact with them.

(This is obviously jumping to conclusions, just like saying that all of /v/ is disgusting after reading a single thread)
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jack268

If you don't believe me check anywhere on the site concerning Resident Evil 6. You know your site is popular when people hate a game they haven't even played.

Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Robitt
No Caption Provided
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Ramone

@Andorski said:

@Orbitz89 said:

@Sweep said:

*bans self*

Hey Sweep. How much does a hipster weigh?

AN INSTAGRAM! ha.

I'm sorry.

How can a hipster lose weight? They can let go of their Macbook.

That sounded funnier in my head.

I doubt that.

planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By planetfunksquad

@Dezztroysaid:

@TooWalrus said:

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroy said:

In that case, you don't need to spend more than 5 minutes on Giant Bomb to see that the community is so bad not even the staff wants to interact with them. (This is obviously jumping to conclusions, just like saying that all of /v/ is disgusting after reading a single thread)

You didn't answer my question though. Are they always so arsehole-ish? Can you point me to a thread where everything is peachy and nobody is making these type of comments about someone/something they don't like? Yeah that shit happens on these forums but a hell of a lot less than the constant barrage of disgraceful crap on /v/. I spent a few hours on there today just lurking and it is ridiculous.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By ThePickle

You know a website is popular when there are more people freaking out about people freaking out than there are actual people freaking out.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By breadfan

Brad's leaving, anyway. Cut him some slack.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Carlos1408

Popularity leads to intimacy!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not really see the problem honestly. Unless they come in saying stuff like "OMG DID U GUYZ NO TAHT HLAF LFIE 2 HAZ MODZ?" then there is a problem. Though the kind of elitism that you were here before them is a bit ridiculous, unless they are causing actual issues.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By C0V3RT

I was a fan of the site back when Ryan and Jeff were doing the "Arrow Pointing Down" podcast and GiantBomb was just a Word Press site. Where's my cred?

In all honesty, I didn't read Brad's review because reviews no longer serve my needs. Shit like Quick Looks, listening to impressions on the Bombcast, and just trusting my gut are way more valuable to me when deciding if I'll purchase a game or not. One persons opinion on a game is just that to me, one persons opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own, and not one is more right than the other. Anger about something as trivial as a video game score is dumbfounding. Fingers crossed that anyone who was up in arms can get to a point in their lives where they can see and understand things for what they really are, I promise them it's a lot less stressful.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Grimluck343

@Breadfan said:

I would too after that comment thread.

Edit: My favorite posts from that /v/... thing (nsfw)

Looks like GB is in trouble. this [Brad's review] is obviously click bait. Paid membership is a joke and a scam and people have finally caught on and not buying it.
fuck ill just watch youtubers i guess. now EVERY review site is trash in my eyes. i gave GB the benefit of the doubt after those klepek click bait articles too.
FUCK YOU GIANTBOMB ENJOY GETTING BUMRUSHED BY CBS YOU SELLOUTS

Some tasty tears over there.

Spaceyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Spaceyoghurt
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By toowalrus

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroysaid:

@TooWalrus said:

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroy said:

In that case, you don't need to spend more than 5 minutes on Giant Bomb to see that the community is so bad not even the staff wants to interact with them. (This is obviously jumping to conclusions, just like saying that all of /v/ is disgusting after reading a single thread)

You didn't answer my question though. Are they always so arsehole-ish? Can you point me to a thread where everything is peachy and nobody is making these type of comments about someone/something they don't like? Yeah that shit happens on these forums but a hell of a lot less than the constance barrage of disgraceful crap on /v/. I spent a few hours on there today just lurking and it is ridiculous.

He can't. I sure it's not that every /v/ user is terrible, that's probably not the case. It's more that the anonymity of 4chan combined with almost zero moderation that makes it such a shitty corner of the internet.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jerseyscum

@Oldirtybearon said:

@Salbert said:

I'm worried about the growing popularity. I don't want the site to attract denizens of cesspools like /v/.

The hilarious thing about this mentality is acting like /v/ or any other message board is a hive mind entity. It's not. It's a forum comprised of many different people with a bajillion different opinions. Just like Giant Bomb.

I'd rather deal with the /v/idiots than the NeoGAF crowd. At least 4Chan is entertaining on occasion.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SSully

@Spaceyoghurt said:

Vinny really caught the heart and soul of the internet a couple of days ago.

http://youtu.be/6pEzj8Bbir8?t=2m7s

Seriously, why isn't that clipped into it's own video yet?!

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dogma

Whoa! Wait a moment! What happened to all the comments in the DMC review? Did the admins really chop down about 600 comments?!! Damn...that had to be some workout!

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By FreakAche

Giant Bomb is also very popular on Reddit. I suspect it's only a matter of time before these forums become unbearable.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dezztroy
@TooWalrus said:

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroysaid:

@TooWalrus said:

@planetfunksquad said:

@Dezztroy said:

You didn't answer my question though. Are they always so arsehole-ish? Can you point me to a thread where everything is peachy and nobody is making these type of comments about someone/something they don't like? Yeah that shit happens on these forums but a hell of a lot less than the constance barrage of disgraceful crap on /v/. I spent a few hours on there today just lurking and it is ridiculous.

He can't. I sure it's not that every /v/ user is terrible, that's probably not the case. It's more that the anonymity of 4chan combined with almost zero moderation that makes it such a shitty corner of the internet.

I'd love to point to a thread where noone is being an idiot, but those don't exist on any internet forum.

Also, threads on /v/ exist for maybe a day, if it's a popular one.
Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

Giant Bomb was a popular site, and it still is. They get more props and stunts than Bruce Willis.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mister_Snig

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

Giant Bomb was a popular site, and it still is. They get more props and stunts than Bruce Willis.

This thread should be locked because this is as good as it's going to get.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By konig_kei

I blame all these young whippersnappers from gamespot. Git off me lawn! Damn hooligans!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By Enigma777

It's my go-to site for naked cartoon pussy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dac8b1b10957
deactivated-5dac8b1b10957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@Grimluck343 said:

@Breadfan said:

I would too after that comment thread.

Edit: My favorite posts from that /v/... thing (nsfw)

Looks like GB is in trouble. this [Brad's review] is obviously click bait. Paid membership is a joke and a scam and people have finally caught on and not buying it.
fuck ill just watch youtubers i guess. now EVERY review site is trash in my eyes. i gave GB the benefit of the doubt after those klepek click bait articles too.
FUCK YOU GIANTBOMB ENJOY GETTING BUMRUSHED BY CBS YOU SELLOUTS

Some tasty tears over there.

Wow, there are some really stupid people on the internet. I hope Brad never stops making controversial reviews so these people avoid coming here forever.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Turambar

@TooWalrus said:

@Bell_End said:

@Salbert said:

I'm worried about the growing popularity. I don't want the site to attract denizens of cesspools like /v/.

just glancing at said review comments, i think we are well passed that.

No. No no no no nooooooo. Someone linked to an actual thread in /v/ last night 'discussing' the review. It was filled with nothing but personal threats threats of graphic violence, and insults consisting of nothing but profanity and and a shit ton of slurs of every flavor, directed directly at Brad. It's honestly not even close.

Pretty sure that has far more to do with (a general lack of) moderation, and less to do with the greater GB readership somehow being better.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By toowalrus

@Turambar: I... kind of said that exact thing at the top of page 5 of this thread. Not that I blame you for not reading this whole ridiculous topic, but I do know this. I'll just quote myself.

@TooWalrus said:

I'm sure it's not that every /v/ user is terrible, that's probably not the case. It's more that the anonymity of 4chan combined with almost zero moderation that makes it such a shitty corner of the internet.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Turambar

@TooWalrus said:

@Turambar: I... kind of said that exact thing at the top of page 5 of this thread. Not that I blame you for not reading this whole ridiculous topic, but I do know this. I'll just quote myself.

@TooWalrus said:

I'm sure it's not that every /v/ user is terrible, that's probably not the case. It's more that the anonymity of 4chan combined with almost zero moderation that makes it such a shitty corner of the internet.

Yeah, I stopped around page 3. Never mind then!

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By MURDERSMASH

@Petiew said:

Wow, I read like 20 comments on that, and couldn't take it anymore. So that's the glorious bastion of video game discussion, huh? More like a bunch of homophobes crying bitter tears into their neckbeards about people liking things they don't like.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#96  Edited By DarthOrange
@Enigma777 said:
It's my go-to site for naked cartoon pussy.
Naked Cartoon Pussy? You don't say? And are you saying that giantbomb.com has free naked cartoon pussy that works with any mobile device? Wow. It sounds to me like if someone was looking for naked cartoon pussy then they would got to giantbomb.com, the naked cartoon pussy capital of the internet. It is no surprise Giant Bomb is so popular, I am overwhelmed with how many images and videos of naked cartoon pussy I am finding here. 
Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Dacnomaniac

This is why we can't have nice things! People too often blur the lines between fanboism and a genuine opinion. I bet my left ass cheek, that if you asked anyone that raged at that review for whatever reason, 'why?'...They would never reply. WE SHOULD NEVER EVER HAVE OPINIONS EVER AND SHOULD MAKE THE INTERNET A POLICE STATE. That is all.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Hunkulese
@mikey87144 you should probably look up what popular means.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Mighty

@Sweep said:

*bans self*

That's basically where this is going, isn't it?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#100  Edited By monkeyking1969
@Salbert said:

Have you looked at the GB forums?  It is already a cesspool of knee-jerk stupidity.