No Caption Provided
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By xMP44x

Off topic from games, but I'm rather jealous of your Mustang. The Foxbody models remind me of the Ford Sierra sold in Europe (Merkur Scorpio to all ten people who've seen them in the USA), in a strange way. Sweet car, and everyone loves a Mustang so you win on two fronts. I don't even think you can buy a Mustang in the United Kingdom normally, but congratulations on your purchase. If you can predict the price increase continuing then there's no reason to leave the car in poorer condition than it could be in.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By jakob187

@Hunkulese said:

Get a better job.

Yes, because putting out $1200 in restoration and repairs on my car as well as buying two games and then paying almost $4 a gallon for gas every week and keeping up my 17-year-old smoking habit and paying bills and rent and everything else...says that I need a better job.

It could just be that I'm throwing money in one place rather than another due to bad planning on my part to ensure that I play the games I wanted to play while still...oh, wait, no. The car is more important. It just sucks that I will miss two games when they launch.

Fucking negative pricks...

@xMP44x said:

Off topic from games, but I'm rather jealous of your Mustang. The Foxbody models remind me of the Ford Sierra sold in Europe (Merkur Scorpio to all ten people who've seen them in the USA), in a strange way. Sweet car, and everyone loves a Mustang so you win on two fronts. I don't even think you can buy a Mustang in the United Kingdom normally, but congratulations on your purchase. If you can predict the price increase continuing then there's no reason to leave the car in poorer condition than it could be in.

It's funny. I actually hated the 88-93 Foxbody Mustangs until I owned a 1993 hatchback. I worked on that a little, but I ended up cracking a head while driving it to Ohio and back. I was going to repair it until I found out my cousin had this notchback that he was selling, which is what I really wanted. I had picked up the 93 for about $600 at an abandoned vehicle auction, and this one was about $1100. I sold that 93 with the cracked head for $900, threw another $200 on top of it, and here I am with the 91. The problem just ended up being that I was unemployed for about four or five months, and around that time, either things finally started to crap out or they were things that just bugged me. In turn, I made it a New Year's resolution that instead of dumping so much money into other hobbies, I would take a majority of that money and start putting it into this car. I'm not going to sit here and say that it LOOKS the best. However, it runs like a champ. My dad does mechanic work as a hobby, and in turn, I was always taught that it's what's under the hood and not the outside that matters.

So far, the list of things I've done since January 1st include (and they didn't necessarily NEED replacing, but I just wanted to get them done for peace of mind):

• New alternator
  • New radiator, radiator cap, and reservoir tank
  • New thermostat
  • New shocks and struts
  • New tires
  • New windshield
  • New door handles

The best part of it all, though, is that my brother works at NAPA. In turn, I get about a 65% discount on parts over there because I'm family. In turn, all of these things outside of the tires and windshield cost me around $400 total (the shocks and struts I'm now using would've cost over $400 alone). The tires, windshield, and what will eventually be a replaced front fender for the driver's side as well as a fresh paint job (going Silver Bullet with black accents) will run me around $1200 overall. After that, I'm going to be converting the electric windows to manual crank (I prefer crank, less moving parts, more dependable overall) as well as a much bigger and scarier project: rewiring the entire muthafucker.

I was lucky as shit to get a car with a damn good motor (it's a 2.3, not a 5.0...but I plan on going supercharger rather than 302 bored out) and a damn good transmission (automatic, unfortunately, but that will change eventually).

Thanks for the compliment.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Doctorchimp

I've got the money but no goddamn time.

School and work non-stop and then having a weekend punctuated with homework is exhausting.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By dagas

I think Mass Effect 3 is going to be the only full price game I buy this year. I have too many games already and I keep buying more despite not really having money for it. "How can I not buy a game when it's this cheap, I'd loose money if I don't buy it!" is what goes through my mind too often.

I've finshed about 25/100 games on the 360 and even less on the PS2 not to mention PC. I promised myself to not buy any games this year except for ME3 and I've already bought 3 games. Sure they only cost a total of €18 for all 3 so they were cheap, but still, I didn't need them...

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Hunkulese

@jakob187 said:

@Hunkulese said:

Get a better job.

Yes, because putting out $1200 in restoration and repairs on my car as well as buying two games and then paying almost $4 a gallon for gas every week and keeping up my 17-year-old smoking habit and paying bills and rent and everything else...says that I need a better job.

It could just be that I'm throwing money in one place rather than another due to bad planning on my part to ensure that I play the games I wanted to play while still...oh, wait, no. The car is more important. It just sucks that I will miss two games when they launch.

Fucking negative pricks...

Not really sure what's so negative about what I said. I simply gave a solution to your problem. If you're $120 short at the end of the month find a job that will net you $120 more per month. If money is ever an issue a better paying job is always a solution.