GotG Round 1: The Last of Us vs. inFamous

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Poll GotG Round 1: The Last of Us vs. inFamous (611 votes)

The Last of Us 72%
inFamous 28%

Main thread

Full bracket

A fight between two amazing PS3 exclusives.

The Last of Us (2013)

What the community has to say:

The mature – and often gruesome – subject matter of this title proves that as a company, Naughty Dog is interested in making games players want, rather than rehashing the same trite garbage that other developers seem to be publishing. The Last of Us is without a doubt a must-buy for any PS3 owner or fungus enthusiast.

From user review by @vermisean

inFamous (2009)

What the community has to say:

inFamous is the best open world game to grace this generation so far, and not just because it's so much fun, but because it can take a basic shooter formula, combine it with platforming and some of the coolest powers I've ever seen and turn it into something so much fun that I can never get enough.

From user review by @tikicobra

Voting closes at 12pm GMT / 4am PST Thursday.

• 
Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Master_Funk

Infamous was pretty good, but TLOU is my joint GOTG with Dark Souls, so that wins.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

inFamous was brilliant. Shame it had to come up against Naughty Dog's masterpiece.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

I love inFamous. This was mean :/

Leonshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Leonshade

I voted for Infamous. Someone had to.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Both are on my top ten of the generation list, but The Last of Us manages to win out in the end.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By hermes

I haven't played TLOU, but I loved both inFamous...

It was the only fair option.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaLe

LASTUS is my personal Game of the Forever so... easy choice. No other game has made me feel such a direct connection with characters I cared for.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

infamous got a lot of things right in the whole super hero genre, like the whole taking photos and his best friend's wacky antics to get girls attentions added a level of camp. It felt a lot like when the Spiderman games were at the peak of their form. Plus it gave me the vibe of 90s and 80s era comics the whole McFarlane baditude era where everyone was edgey.

It's an solid B game

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inFamous

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

I bet Last of Us wins but I had more fun playing Infamous so I have to go with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like infamous. Plan to play Last of us later on

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vanick

If this was between The Last of Us and Infamous 2 it would be a slightly tougher decision but I didn't really like the first Infamous.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Milkman

I have to question the seeding here a bit. These both seem like games that should be going deep into the tournament.

I went with The Last of Us but both games are fantastic.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Infamous games are bad and incredibly boring (played both of them nearly to completion). Don't care about the characters or the story and the gameplay is repetetive and becomes dull very quickly. Last of Us in one of the best games this generation and my GotY for 2013 so I'll go with that.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely The Last of Us, no question. I goddamn love that game.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By awesomeusername

This thread is like the racist version of vidya games. Gamist? (I'm kidding!) But seriously? inFamous, one of my favorite games this gen against TLOU, my #1 personal favorite this gen? Didn't even give ole Cole a chance.:/ Oh well, better to get knocked out by the best game this gen then by something like Dragon Age or Halo.

I picked inFamous just because I knew it'd lose. But you just wait. Second Son will win GOTG next gen!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I have no PS3 and I must vote.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us is very close to being my game of the year. I tried playing InFamous... didn't particularly care for it. Zeke was annoying and lame.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This one hurts. Close the poll quick, like a bandaid.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By LackingSaint

Easily The Last of Us. inFamous is neat and I wish it could've got further, but TLoU is definitely a top game of the generation contender.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us wasn't that great, but Infamous was awful and boring. I don't get peoples reverence for Infamous at all.

I chose the Last of Us just because I was able to finish it and it was ok. It's not really a game of the generation for me, though.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I don't love The Last of Us as much as a lot of other people love TLoU, but I do think it's an excellent game. I beat inFamous, but didn't really get why people were so high on it - I thought it was pretty good, but nothing special.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You heartless bastard making me choose between the two. If a gun was againt my head i would choose The Last of Us....im sorry inFamous

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By dichemstys

I really loved inFamous, and TLoU was really good too but just as a personal favorite I have to go with inFamous.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thatdutchguy

InFamous is one of the worst games i've ever played and The Last of Us is one of the best so.... The Last of Us it is.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

If The Last of Us played better (as otherwise, it's a fantastic game), I would vote for it in a heartbeat. Infamous is just too enjoyable to play to not vote for it.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked what I played of Infamous but it was pretty long and I wasn't very engrossed in the story. I have yet to play The Last of Us.

I'm going to sit this one out.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it, the last of us is going to win. It's a good game but I think its overrated.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only knock agains inFamous was the irritating noise when the dude ran. Drove me up the wall. Last of Us is gonna win b/c its the newest release.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pulledabrad said:

The only knock agains inFamous was the irritating noise when the dude ran. Drove me up the wall. Last of Us is gonna win b/c its the newest release.

Yeah, that's the only reason it's going to win. No way could it possibly be the better game or anything, noooo sir.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By bacongames

I'm going to abstain because I haven't payed either and don't want to necessarily assume I'd prefer The Last of Us although I suspect I would.

Starkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Infamous quite a lot and the IP has grown on me over-time. But The Last of Us hit home in many ways I thought it wouldn't and also had surprising depth to its game-play which made it really enjoyable after coming off Uncharted. So The Last of Us for me.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Coafi

Sorry, inFamous. As much as I liked you, your sequel was way better, but in no way do you compete with The Last of Us.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

@coafi said:

Sorry, inFamous. As much as I liked you, your sequel was way better, but in no way do you compete with The Last of Us.

Kind of an unfair matchup here for sure. However, I still had a ton of fun with the Infamous games and I'm still excited for the new PS4 entry, make no mistake.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

@pulledabrad said:

Yeah, that's the only reason it's going to win. No way could it possibly be the better game or anything, noooo sir.

You dont think the game being fresher in peoples minds isnt a factor? CRAZY PERSON!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CaLe

@pulledabrad: I think it's a double-edged slashing sword of redundancy. The effect of it being recent is surely negated by the fact less people have had the chance to play it. I also think it's clearly the weaker game, so all extraneous factors being equal I feel confident it would lose here.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a tough one for me. Infamous was one of my first games. I think it's more fun to play but TLOU is a work of art. I feel kind of shitty giving a game where the actual mechanics were not as fun my vote, but... I just don't know. Video games.

Kain55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised The Last of Us isn't winning by more to be honest. That game is ridiculously good. Of course I may be biased because I dislike the way Infamous plays immensely but oh well.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

This for me is "Wonderful story with strong gameplay" versus "Pretty mediocre story with some of my favourite gameplay of the generation".

I could really go with either of these. It's tough because the Last of Us hype train is still rolling strong right now (choo choo!) so that makes me want to pick it more than I might in a few months.

But y'know, I'll go with inFamous. I platinumed that game, playing through it with both alignments, and trying it on both normal and hard difficulties. Mechanically there's been almost no other game that made me want to come back to it as much as that game did. It was so gratifying. Also I don't honestly see it beating TLOU, and it deserves recognition. I'm certainly okay with inFamous not winning, but it would be my pick even in a vacuum.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Was this matchup based entirely on them both being PS exclusives or what? After the Skyrim vs L4D thread, I wouldn't be surprised if you're just pulling titles out of a hat.

Anyway, voted Infamous on account of it actually being fun to play.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this inFamous and not inFamous 2 which is leagues better?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this inFamous and not inFamous 2 which is leagues better?

I prefer inFamous 2 as well (inFamous has no place on a GotG list), but it'd still get fucked by The Last Of Us.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't be the last time we see the TLOU as it wins with 72% of the vote and 597 votes cast.