Guillermo Del Toro's "Insane" comes out 2013...

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SSValis

WTF! 

So they are for real and think it is a good idea to put out a trailer three years before its release. I don't know where the hell all be in 6 months let alone 3 years. Am I suppose to be excited because its the same guy that did Pan's Labyrinth and has no experience in making games?  The last time they tried this was with Clive Barker's Jericho and that turned out well........ Its not like their going to the moon. Did they just start working on the game like five minutes earlier?

Does this not seem completely "inSane" to anyone else? Do you remember any developer putting out a trailer for such a distance release? Its like the reverse Duke Nukem.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

It was a bad idea to give out any semblance of a release date if it was going to be that far away. Games who do take that long usually just keep it under wraps and watches the audience get impatient.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShadowConqueror
@SSValis said:

"Does this not seem completely insane to anyone else?"

Maybe that's the point? :O 

But yeah, I was disappointed that we were given no information and were given a far-off release date. They don't seem to realize that part of making people anticipate their game is giving the audience something to look forward to. I dunno.
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSValis
@ShadowConqueror: lol thanks man I just noticed, pun unintended 
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

The last time they tried this was with Clive Barker's Jericho and that turned out well........    

While I agree with you, this is not true. Clive Baker had a hand in the awesome Clive Baker's Undying. But Guillermo Del Toro doesn't really have any experience in the biz. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e
deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No reason for them to have released a trailer, other than to make more people aware that Guillermo del Toro is doing a game. A lot of people have probably heard of him at least, or watched some of his films, and if they have heard of him they might also be the sort of person who would find this trailer.

Didn't stop it from being a bad trailer. Ok, thanks for letting us know it's a horror game. You could've just said so though!

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SSValis
@Jaxley: The thing I don't understand is why did they make it a fairly big announcement at a award show, it should be a cliff note in a press briefing.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Jeust: That being said, the man plays a SHIT load of videogames. He's like an actual gamer. Not just a guy who'll boot up Call of Duty when it comes out and owns a 360 to be trendy.

But yeah he could have kept it under wraps, unless he was looking for help in regards to the game and decided to let the teaser out with his name attached to it to try and get more people on board.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
@Abyssfull said:
" It was a bad idea to give out any semblance of a release date if it was going to be that far away. Games who do take that long usually just keep it under wraps and watches the audience get impatient. "
And then eventually we assume the game was silently cancelled. But even if we hear nothing about Insane in 2011 or 2012, we can't assume it was cancelled. We know already that we may not hear anything else until 2013.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jeust
@Doctorchimp said:

" @Jeust: That being said, the man plays a SHIT load of videogames. He's like an actual gamer. Not just a guy who'll boot up Call of Duty when it comes out and owns a 360 to be trendy. But yeah he could have kept it under wraps, unless he was looking for help in regards to the game and decided to let the teaser out with his name attached to it to try and get more people on board. "

Yeah. I hope he puts his experience to good use. I'd love to see a great horror game! 

And I wouldn't be surprised if he used his name to get a bigger budget to the project. 
p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By p_p_o_d

best use of the inFAMOUS font in inFAMOUS.  

but yeah 2013.... ps4's and xbox 3's will be out or nearly out by then.  

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By RankRabbit

The trailer for the game made me want to REALLY play it, really hard, and stuff. I was hyping all over the place, my mom told me to quiet down.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Jeust: Yeah I do too, especially considering how his horror style is really organic and he takes a lot of inspiration from the Cthulu mythos. (he wears a cult of Cthulu ring at all times) 

I wonder how that will play out in a game.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

You should be excited because it's a game made by Volition with Guillermo del Toro's involvement.  At least, that's why I'm excited about it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeust
@Doctorchimp said:

" @Jeust: Yeah I do too, especially considering how his horror style is really organic and he takes a lot of inspiration from the Cthulu mythos. (he wears a cult of Cthulu ring at all times)  I wonder how that will play out in a game. "

It will have lovecraftian inspirations and a fleshed world, that is for sure. ^^
Tsarevich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tsarevich

Is there any indication that Volition can handle a game like this? Seems a bit out of their element, even with the little info we have.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By kalmis

No Caption Provided
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SSValis
@kalmis said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
awesome
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By TheHBK

Yup dumb move.  3 years to go...  Though it may be the first game announced for a new generation of consoles.  I am pretty sure we will see one new console released by that time.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mahonay

Vaporware here we come!