Guys am I going insane

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JonathanMoore

1. I just want to apologise if this has already been a subject and such, I haven't to be honest, been looking up too much of the forums recently, but does it seem like the whole Giantbomb crew totally gave Kessler the biggest evils all the time?... I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, maybe that was part of a long-ass joke... I'm all confused. Someone help me out here, I totally thought the guy was cool.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

Intern abuse is a popular method to derive entertainment.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't think they were unfair to Kessler, they seemed to make sure he was doing his job and nothing more. However, the intern is traditionally known as the butt of jokes and the Giant Bomb crew seemed to be playing off of that, although none of it seemed mean-spirited to me.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nickux
@JonathanMoore: do you mean the staff of Giant Bomb or the community? If anything, the users were far worse to him. As far as the staff goes, I never noticed anything unusual- they're very nice guys, it seems. I've had lots of internships- some were great, some not so much. But seriously- interning with Giant Bomb would be amazing no matter what. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

He did great. I mean, look at Ryan. He would haunt my dreams... and like it.

No Caption Provided
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

Ryan's reaction to Kessler saying "up top!" basically screamed "I hate you, get out of my life". I lol'd

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@animateria said:
" Intern abuse is a popular method to derive entertainment. "
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By FunExplosions

Well, I'm not going insane, but yeah, being a younger person of inferior job-capabilities can provoke quite a bit of harassment. Plus, a lot of it was just to make good fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I thought the Bomb Crew was dickish, but within the bounds established by male friendship.

I thought the users were unbelievably assholish to him.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

Kessler was a great scapegoat for the crew, simply because he was new, young and well, over-enthusiastic. I'm certain that they were just making jokes and didn't mean anything serious. They said they were gonna miss him during the bombcast, so I think that's sincere enough. 

Though, I don't think Drew ever got nearly as much of it when he was the intern.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Raven10

I didn't think they treated him poorly. As for users not liking him, well if he wants a job in journalism he better get used to people hating him. Jeff has mentioned getting death threats when he scored highly hyped games poorly. That's just how the industry works. If you can't take people hating your guts you shouldn't work in a job where you give opinions about things people love.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Arker101

It's the GiantBomb hazing rituals. They didn't hate him, they were just messing with the intern. 
I'll miss him.