Have you ever bought game stuff and instantly regretted it?

• 121 results
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By X19

I made such a rookie error today.

You know those PSN Cards which have a game on the front and have random amount of money such as £4.79. Well I thought I could use it to just top up my PSN account but it turns out the code you get is locked into that one purchase of the game on the card. What is worse I already own the game the code is for and unless I can get a refund I just threw money away. 

Anyway please tell me any of your poor purchase stories to help me feel better.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

You should give away the code to someone here if you can't get a refund.....I instantly regretted buying Stoked, its no SSX.

Dr_Ventum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dr_Ventum

Ninja Blade. Just..Ninja Blade.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

Maybe Brutal Legend. I decided to buy as I was standing in line to pick up Uncharted 2. I didn't even unwrap for 2 weeks as I was playing Uncharted 2 instead. When I did play it the first 5 or 6 hours were great. Then it became an RTS and I put it down for over a year. I did finish it eventually and was about an hour away from a gold trophy but my old roommate stole it when he moved out so the only way I'll get the trophy is by getting the game again. I'll wait till it's $3 because that's about what the game is worth, not $70.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Alpha Protocol: $2.00

Homefront: full price

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phish09

Trauma Team...I guess if I were 8 years old and didn't have that young neighbor girl to play doctor with, this might have fulfilled that fantasy, but playing this game as an adult is downright disturbing, especially if your girlfriend is sitting next to you on the couch. I'm just glad I actually got back more money than what I paid for it, as it's basically like I was paid to play that game.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By veiasma

Fable 3 over Fallout: New Vegas.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By dillonwerner

Dragon Age 2

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcsman

LA Noire, Crysis 2 Medal of Honor

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hwy_61

Battlefield 3 for 360. I sold it immediately and plan on buying it for PC. I feel like a fuckin idiot for it too.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Sambambo

@hwy_61 said:

Battlefield 3 for 360. I sold it immediately and plan on buying it for PC. I feel like a fuckin idiot for it too.

I'm playing on the 360 right now even though my PC can play it.

What did you think was so wrong? I'm loving it so far, and when my friends pick it up (the reason I got it on 360) it should get even better.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By 49th

Bought Bad Company 2 and Super Street Fighter 4 for PS3 together. Except I then got BC2 for PC a few weeks later from my friend and remembered that I also don't like fighting games.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hwy_61

@SuperSambo said:

@hwy_61 said:

I'm playing on the 360 right now even though my PC can play it.

What did you think was so wrong? I'm loving it so far, and when my friends pick it up (the reason I got it on 360) it should get even better.

I just didn't like it at all. I play a lot of BC2 on PC. The original reason was Origin. Then, I got Dead Space 2 for free and HAD to install Origin, so then I was like, well, shit.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By GunstarRed

@OtakuGamer: Why? If you'd have stuck with it for about ten more you'd have probably finished it.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By walreese55

LA Noire season pass the minute I got the game in my mail. I ended up hating the gameplay and only did one of the DLC mission (which sucked)

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#17  Edited By Hector

Transformers: Dark of the Moon.... I thought it would be somewhat enjoyable as the War on Cybertron.

I popped in the disk played 10 mins, then ejected from my PS3. Walked back to Gamestop and got a refund, good thing it was a used game.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sayishere

Annual pass for WoW, I REGRET IT, I WANT TO STOP PLAYING IT

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

inFamous 2 Hero Edition. That bag is a piece of shit.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Shadows of the damned, Bayonetta.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beforet

Star Wars Steam Collection. Kinda wish Steam had a return policy, like Amazon does with Kindle stuff.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hwy_61

I bought a bagel breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts at 3am one time. I could taste the lack of fucks given in the making of that sandwich. Worst decision ever. Not game related, but wanted to share anyway as a cautionary tale.

TheStimpinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheStimpinator

I bought a microphone stand for the sole purpose of using it with the beatles rock band... I've probably used it like four times ever

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

I have pre-ordered the UK Limited edition of the MGS HD Collection several times, all of which were cancelled it shortly after. I feel dirty about collectors editions in general, but I've been on the brink with this one for a while.

@phish09: I don't really see what you were expecting out of that game, other than what it is. Its not as though its packaging is misleading or anything. It's a little goofy, but I found the difficulty to be a little jarring. There was a little too much trial and error involved for my liking.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By supamon

Final Fantasy XIII. Besides not having the time to play it, the beginning portion of that game is unbearable and confusing.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By defaulttag

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

almost suicidal regret

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@phish09 said:

Trauma Team...I guess if I were 8 years old and didn't have that young neighbor girl to play doctor with, this might have fulfilled that fantasy, but playing this game as an adult is downright disturbing, especially if your girlfriend is sitting next to you on the couch. I'm just glad I actually got back more money than what I paid for it, as it's basically like I was paid to play that game.

How is the game disturbing as a adult but would be find for kids?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
Donkey Konga. I was regretting it before I bought it, and it was most certainly 60-80 bucks that I didn't need to spend. It was even for a girl too. A girl that ended up being not a very nice person. Those bongos are a reminder of nothing but hate and despair, my Linkin Park phase....

L.A. Noire and Bulletstorm are up there too, but mostly because I jumped the gun and preordered them when I could have done something else with that money like buy Rockband songs.

I probably would have still wanted to play L.A. Noire, even after it was out because I wanted to see the tech firsthand, but the gameplay would still keep me from coming back. I would have been okay if I bought Bulletstorm for 20 bucks or so too.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Hizang

My 3DS.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mahonay

Brink. I even knew about the subpar reviews it was getting. I was convinced my love for the RTCW formula would overcome that. It did not.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaggE

Gonna catch shit for this, but Red Dead Redemption most recently. (if I dive into the obscure, nigh unplayable PC games of the 90s, I'll never finish writing this post)

I appreciate that RDR is fantastically made, but I was wrong in thinking that because I enjoyed Gun and Red Dead Revolver, I could look past my hatred of Westerns a third (fourth? I liked Outlaws) time. I don't hate it by any means, it's good fun, but every time I think about heading off into open-world hijinks, I just sigh and wonder what the point is when it's all arid desert and tumbleweeds.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SaFt

For me it's probably Homefront. Or Street Figher IV for the 3DS... God, those controlls.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, several times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DLC in general. In my head I'm thinking, "Oh yeah! More of <Some Game> that I really enjoyed!" And then it'll be, "Oh yeah! <Some Other Game> is coming out that I'll probably enjoy!" And I'll just end up ignoring Some Game's DLC. :(

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I bought some stuff for various free-to-play games like SotNW and Maplestory then minutes later went, "fuck...after the fact, it seems like such a waste of money."

edit: Also, bought Hyperdimension Neptunia brand new for $30 which is a steal considering the prices some people are charging. I was super excited for it when I ordered it. I opened the package, took off the shrink wrap, and it was like I had just opened up a mystical doomsday device because all that was going through my head was, "can't go back now...you dumb motherfucker."

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By phantomzxro

i bought this decal thing for my Xbox 360 went home toke it out and hated it, never toke it back and never put it on my 360.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By upwarDBound

The only thing I can think of is True Crime: Streets of L.A. I was expecting GTA. What I got was a shoddy mess. Thankfully I was able to return the game to Babbage's and get Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time instead.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VIGGO123

Alice: Madness Returns. Bought it during the Steam sale, installed it, played if for about five minutes and immediately uninstalled it. One of the worst PC-ports I've seen in a while.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By Humanity

Skyrim - I wasn't that interested, looked too much like Oblivion to me but I bought into the hype thinking maybe you have to play it. Nope, everyone elses excitement didn't make it any more fun to play for me. Everyone has hundreds of hours logged in the game; I have like 5.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BrockNRolla

I once bought Dragon Age 2 on PS3. After playing it there for a while, I thought, "This can't really be this bad, can it? I must be doing this wrong." So I bought a copy for the PC since everyone was saying that was the way to play the series. I instantly regretted the decision as it was just as shit on PC as it was everywhere else. (Not to mention I unwittingly added to the sales of one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Any Call of Duty. 

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By innacces14

Soulcalibur IV when finishing the arcade/story modes. That counts as instantaneous, right?

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zleunamme

NBA Shootout 2001. All the character models look the same. They took a photo of the players face and wrapped it around the head. It was not a fun game to play. I was brainwashed by the constant 989 sports ads at the time.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Shadow

@BestUsernameEver said:

Bayonetta.

No Caption Provided

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

At least once a month. I buy like 200+ games per year (including Steam). Invariably most of them end up being shit.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Buscemi

A lot of stuff on Steam sales.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#47  Edited By donutfever

Epic Mickey. It had so much promise.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By david3cm

Catherine, Rage, CoD, MoH, Dark Souls, most of the games I am buying currently while I wait for good ones to come out.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

A $200 TE Fightstick. Its super awesome but I felt silly. Felt sillier when it dropped $80 a few months later.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Canteu

BF3 for pc. I already have it for 360, but it runs like shit on my computer for some reason. It's the only PC game i own i can't run on max settings.