Help me remember this old robbery game...

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By haggis

It must have been ten years ago at least. It was a 3D game (with very cartoonish graphics) where you could wander around this city and rob buildings. Very puzzle-based, with guards that followed a prescribed path. If I remember correctly, you'd record your moves, almost, then play it forward and see if your plan worked. Anyone remember this one? It's been bugging the hell out of me and I don't remember quite enough to pin down the name.

EDIT: The game was for the PC. Should have said that.

dimmu89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dimmu89

Till this day i'm still looking for most likely the same game... If you are still around, did you ever find it?

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By jaqen_hghar

@dimmu89: @haggis:

I am pretty sure it's The Sting!
I remember playing a demo back when it was coming out, got really angry because I spent an hour or so recording my moves then getting caught almost immediately. Couldn't remember the name, but I knew it had something to do with stealing. Couldn't find anything on Cat Burglar, Heist etc, but finally found it!

dimmu89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jaqen_hghar: Thank you so much! That is the game i was looking for. I played the demo too when i was a kid and i loved it. Now i just need to find out how to get it.

warcat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 54

Hey, that's actually the remake/sequel of the original sting. the original DOS game had a bit of a story and was more realistic, with planning and top down view and stuff. kinda like Rainbow Six style with burglary in London. this newer one has more of an arcade style.