help me to decide.

sadboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i just finished ac odyssey, and now im searching new game to play, so my question is Assassins Creed Valhalla Or Immortals Fenyx Rising, which game should i buy ? im playing on Xbox series S , the most important thing for me is how long it takes to finish main story and gameplay(mostly fighting mechanics), thank you.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By warpr

Why not both? :)

If you're like me and just want to collect everything in the game, and then move straight onto the "story" DLC packs and 100% collect everything in all the DLCs, then get Fenyx Rising first because all the DLC for that is already available. (I hate completing a game and then having to wait months for the final DLC to drop before I can uninstall a game).

Valhalla has two big DLCs coming: 1) Wrath of the Druids is out soon, but 2) The Siege of Paris is supposed to come "Summer 2021", and usually this stuff is delayed at least a little, so I expect to see that around September or October.

Obviously they're very different games, I've played them both on easiest difficulty so I don't have much of an opinion on the fighting. I guess that's more dynamic in Fenyx, as you have a bunch of magic powers which you can combo in interesting ways, so combat is probably better in Fenyx? I'm not sure.

Overall I think Valhalla is a much better and more interesting game, but that's mainly because the setting and story interest me more. I did enjoy the light-hearted story in Fenyx, but it's all rather flimsy. Fenyx is purely a collectathon for me, whereas Valhalla is a world I can immerse myself in and care about what happens to some of its characters.

EDIT: is Fenyx a modern Spyro the dragon? Think about it...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Valhalla is extremely long for the type of story it’s to tell. But if you’re looking to get the most bang for your buck then it’s probably the better deal. If you don’t think that you’re burnt out on the AC formula and just want to keep playing more of that style of game then Valhalla will provide the tried and true modern AC experience with a few quality of life improvements. If you like Vikings and more importantly Norse mythology then you’ll probably enjoy it a lot more.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As someone who absolutely loves the NuCreed games, Origins and Odyssey being more or less my Game of the Year for their respective years, Valhalla is.....fine? I was actually really disappointed with it in a lot of ways, feeling like it's a regression of how the AC games were improving. It also has the most pointless main character since AC3 and the story reflects that, just never really going anywhere interesting for 85% of the game.

Immortals Fenyx Rising however....was kinda all around awesome? It has a lot of charm, the exploration and powers are super fun, the combat is totally serviceable and gets the job done so you can explore more, and the world puzzles/puzzle dungeons are just fantastic. I picked it up after my nearly 100 hours with Valhalla...and I think by hour 20 of Immortals I had already experienced more joy and fun in it than all the time in Valhalla. I'm super glad I picked up Fenyx and would recommend that game to open world fans with no caveats.