Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear racing fans

A while ago, here is what I saw in one of the video game news articles:

Hot Lap Racing announced for Switch, PC - Gematsu

Before you start reading through my thoughts on this, it will contain my humble opinions.

This game appears to be a third-party title, shared in-between Nintendo Switch & PC, in development by Zero Games Studios and going to be published by Just For Games. It looks okay but it doesn't seem to have many licensed cars in it while the two cars, (Ford GT40 & Audi R8 LMP900 class race car), being shown at 0:26, appeared to be generic/not licensed as their respective logo are not shown at all, plus there are not many of the real brands/sponsors featured on the side of the tracks or cars.

The only handful of licensed cars being featured at this moment are:

• KGM eCup 200 car
  • Mygale F4 gen.2
  • Ligier P217
  • Mygale F3 R

I'm still curious to see how this game's handling model is going to be.

Side notes:

• None of the licensed racing wheel peripherals for Nintendo Switch feature force feedback/vibration, judging them only having a bungee cord rather than an electric motor inside the wheelbase. Unlike most racing wheel peripherals for PCs & licensed for PS5 and Xbox Series X, they do support force feedback as they have an electric motor implemented inside the wheelbase, can support add-ons like load-cell pedals set, changeable steering wheel, handbrake, and gear shifter.
  • I also find Nintendo consoles are more suited for arcade-style kart racing/Mario Kart-type games than any sort of photo-realistic racing games for its library of games.
  • Not to be confused with Hot Lap League by Ultimate Studio (A TrackMania alternative).

Edit: I doubt this game is going to be ported to PS5 and Xbox Series X.